Main Story Ch. 3-20 - The Seawaters and The Flames (海水与火焰) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/31/2021 11:30:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read 3-19's LIGHT END here and NIGHT END here




Two days later, I've contacted Lin Yao, and have made an arrangement to meet in a coffee shop.


She looked a little tired, but her clear eyes are still sparkling brightly, and have been staring close at me. I took out an envelop from my bag and handed it to her.


You: I was requested by someone to pass this to you.


Lin Yao receives the letter, and looked at me in confusion after seeing the contract for termination agreement.


You: There's your mother's... I mean your manager's signature.


Lin Yao's lashes trembled a little. There's something sparkly dangling from the corner of her eyes, making me to feel a little sad too.


At this moment, an orange paper butterfly fell out from the envelope.



Lin Yao: Where did you get this? He... Where is he now?


I stayed quiet, unsure of how I should answer her.


Lin Yao: Big Brother Bai Mu...Will he not return anymore?


Bai Mu? Is this that person's name? I suddenly remembered that he said he has forgotten his name long ago, but Lin Yao has always remembered.


You: He left...


Lin Yao: ... I understood now. Thank you.


I think she probably have guessed the meanings in my words, but she didn't cry. The expressions from this girl that have always been fragile right now is something that I have never expected - brave and strong.


She smiled as she touched the wings of the butterfly.


Lin Yao: Thank you... Whether it's during the times in orphanage when we were young, or this time. From now on, I will never let myself be manipulated by others, I will listen to my own heart.


I wholeheartedly feel happy for her, but the sense of soreness suddenly gushed up to my nose. She kept the letter, stood up, and was about to leave. But after a few steps, she suddenly turned around, with the sunshine shining onto her smooth face, making her smile to look so ever gentle.



Lin Yao: I really hate acting, but I can see that you really like designing, you will be able to make clothes that are even better-looking in future.



The door of the coffee shop is pulled open. Under the clear blue skies, a group of birds are flying towards the end of dazzling lights.



Osborn: Passed it out?


I've returned to my senses, and looked towards the Osborn that is standing by the shop's entrance.


You: Thank you for waiting.


Osborn: Not at all, let's go.


You: Lin Yao will have a free life.


After a moment of silence, Osborn suddenly spoke.



Osborn: Actually, I admire that person quite a lot.


You: Ah?


Very quickly, I understood that he meant Bai Mu.


Osborn: After Lin Yao was adopted by the manager, she quickly became famous in the entertainment industry. As for that man... I've made some investigations last night. After he's left the orphanage, he has been working as a screenwriter for a couple of web dramas, trying to enter the entertainment industry. Although he had been gradually parting from Lin Yao, but he has never gave up to chase after her. If I were him, if I've missed out, then I'll miss out, and never look for that person again.


You: Why?


Osborn: It's like a form of disruption.



You: But whether it's a disruption or not, you'll have to confirm it by yourself, isn't it? Osborn, you're so brave on the race tracks, why are you such a shrinking violet in such matters?


He widened his eyes with surprise. It's the first time I've seen him turning speechless, and I actually found it a little cute. Very quickly, his gaze turned serious and firm, even with a tint of unwillingness to admit defeat.



Osborn: Shrinking violet? It's just that I have yet to meet that person. When I finally meet that person, I will definitely confirm it in person.



Within a high rise building in the other end of this city, Evan quietly sits in front of the giant French windows. The door is pushed open, with a man respectfully walked before him, lowering his head.



Zhou Yan: HCP18407 has been retrieved, and the scene has been camouflaged completely.


Evan: Very well.



Zhou Yan: There's one more thing.  HCP18407 has also went into an abnormal berserk during daytime. The cause is currently unknown. Should we report this to master?


Evan turned over, looking towards the misty scene outside the window.



Evan: No need. Keep investigating.





Chapter 4-01 can be read HERE



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.