Main Story Ch. 3-08 - The Seawaters and The Flames (海水与火焰) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/26/2021 06:22:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously in 3-05... (Read it here)


You: Blue... flames?



Osborn: Are you injured?


You: I'm fine... Thank you.


I raised an arm to caress on my neck, still feeling the aftershock. 




You: That person just now, could he be the one that's in the recent rumors--



Osborn: "Vampire assault" incident, it should be him.


Keeping his slacking expression away, Osborn's expressions turned serious.


Osborn: In the past he always act during late night, I didn't expect for him to choose to act under the daylight.


You: Why are you so clear about this?


Osborn: I've encountered him the past, and he has escaped. But this time, he can't run away anymore.


You: ... You aren't telling me that you're going to capture him, are you?!


Osborn: When I was fighting him just now, I left a tracker on him.


You: !


Osborn switched on his phone, the screen is showing a bright dot that is slowly moving.


Tracker? Catching people? Why is Osborn doing all these? Isn't he a mere racer?


My thoughts have gotten so messy like a ball of tangled hemp threads. However, despite the situation, I could still somehow find out the starting of the thread from this mess. Yes, that night when we first met.


When we were on the rooftop, he was putting on a mysterious look, acting as if he wanted to say something but he couldn't. Now that I think of it, he didn't look like he was looking for lost item, but more of an attempt to track something down.


I can't help myself but to look at him, noticing that Osborn too, is drooping his gaze and looking at me.


[Choice]



Light: Are you really just a racer?

Night: Having questions in your heart, but not asking anything.



[Light Choice: Are you really just a racer?]


You: Osborn, are you really just a racer? I kept feeling that from the moment I know you until now, you are more like a... detective? Do you have another identity that isn't known by others?


Osborn paused, and looked away. But that was only for one moment, and he has very quickly returned to his casual look.


Osborn: So I've been found out. Looks like I can only catch you back to Beike Street.


You: .....


Although he was laughing, but I can clearly see the rejection from his eyes. So I've understood that he didn't want to tell me.


[Night Choice: Having questions in your heart, but not asking anything.]


You: Osborn, you--


Osborn: Hm?


Rooftop, capturing people, tracker, and that bunch of blue flames, how much secrets lie behind you?


I wanted to ask them right now, but when the words arrived by my lips, I hesitated. Because I can clearly see the rejection from his eyes -- he knew what I wanted to ask, but didn't want to answer. Since he chose to not talk about it, then it's useless for me to ask anything.



Osborn: Listen, coming up I have something important to do. It might be dangerous for you to go back alone, I'll bring you back to the training grounds first.


You: Are you going to chase after him?


Osborn: Mhm.


You: Can I go with you?


Osborn: Why, worried about me? Or do you not trust me?


You: I trust you. But, I've met that person before, and I roughly know his identity, so I might be able to help.


I told him about every incident that happened in the studio on the other day.


You: Also, I kept thinking that he wasn't choosing a random assault target, but more like it was against me. When he assaulted me he said "I could finally live" earlier. I think I might actually be the key clue to this.


Osborn: Since you think that it's an assault against you, do you still want to send yourself to the assailant? Aren't you afraid of danger?


You: A little. But I wanted to understand what's going on. Since it's related to me.


Osborn: Now then, there's no going back anymore.



You: Yeah! 



Osborn: I will not care about you if something bad happens.


You: Don't worry, I will not affect you, if you let me run away from a crucial moment, I will immediately run. Also who says that you must be the one to protect me, I can protect you too!



I quickly raised an arm, acting like I am about to give a pledge, but Osborn caught my arm and locked it slowly. A smile can be seen from his gaze, as if he's saying that he believe in me.


Osborn: If I'm here, I'll make sure you aren't injured. Hop in.



He agilely placed the helmet onto my head, and covered the windscreen. The bike drove all the way forward on a high speed, Osborn lowered his body, that the ends of his black hair moves along with the winds.


Gradually, I've gotten used to his speed, that I am no longer feeling afraid, just holding onto his waist tightly. The blowing winds surrounded us, like the misty incidents that have been happening. Nobody knows where the path before us will lead us.


[Location: Evan's Office]



The dazzling rays of dun passes through the full glass windows, falling onto the marble tiles.


A knock sounded, Zhou Yan is holding onto a stack of information, entering the office with a serious face.



Zhou Yan: Boss, we've finally able to grasp HCP18047's location again.


Evan's slender fingers flicked through the stack of papers, the tightly shut glass suddenly cracked.



Evan: Get ready, it's starting.


The bike reduces its speed at a curve, and we've arrived the destination shown on the display. Pulling out the keys, Osborn's gaze moved towards the Dilapidated building before us. The slanted signboard that's falling off, the discolored posters on the walls, the rubbish and debris that have piled on the sides of the entrance... Everything here exudes an atmosphere of desolation. It seemed like it was a shop for escape room.


According to the phone display, the bright dot has entered there.


As soon as I was about to push the door open, Osborn tugged my arm.



Osborn: I know you're brave, but you are not allowed to leave my side, do you understand?




Chapter 3-11 can be read here

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.