[Light and Night Event] Memory Album: Sea Street / Sent Yesterday - Chapter 4 || 光与夜之恋 活动01 回忆相簿 剧情04: 海街/昨日寄

7/10/2021 07:44:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 





Read previous chapter HERE




As soon as Jesse and I saw this scene, we immediately understood what happened. It's already apparent that Yuan Bao has bitten off the projector's cable.


Gao Xuan: Yuan Bao, what's wrong with you, you wouldn't be this immature in the past!


Yuan Bao: *whines*


You: Alright there Gao Xuan, it's pointless to blame on Yuan Bao now.


Jesse suddenly sighed at the side, scratching his head, looking a little depressed.



Jesse: *Sigh* Was it because I've used a magic trick to make Yuan Bao's jerky disappear, that it's now unhappy, that he is...


You: Don't think about nonsensical stuff, the most important thing right now is to solve the problem. Gao Xuan, do we have a backup cable?


Gao Xuan: No, I've ordered a new cable just now, but it'll take an hour for it to be delivered.


I looked out from the window, the students have already taken their seats, but what welcomes them is merely a black screen. They quietly discuss while looking a little anxious and restless.


Gao Xuan: What should we do? Someone has to do something to console everyone.


Gao Xuan and I looked at each other, and a deep voice is heard.


Jesse: Leave it to me.


Gao Xuan was confused, but I could kind of figure out what Jesse's planning to do.


You: Are you thinking of performing magic to them?


Jesse: You really know me well. How's that, Sis Gao Xuan? Do you think this is workable?


Gao Xuan: Right, I almost forgot you have such skills! That'd be greatly helpful!


Jesse nodded, and fell into deep thoughts for a moment, then pulling out his phone and started typing.


Jesse: Sis Gao Xuan, I'm sending a message to you, please help me to prepare the props according to the list.


Gao Xuan: A table, a paper bag, a pair of scissors, a loose jacket...?


Gao Xuan's tone sounded like she has doubts, but when her gaze met Jesse's, she immediately got convinced by his confident gaze.


Gao Xuan: Alright, I'll get them ready!



Jesse: I still need an assistant. Y/N, are you willing to give it a try?


You: Of course!


Jesse: Then I'll explain the magic principles to you, then we'll use 10 minutes to practice, and we can perform right away.


Jesse's existence made me feel relieved. I suddenly remembered that he's an actor that has went through various situations, small incidents like this is nothing to him. But when I heard Jesse's explanation on the magic's principles, I stunned.


You: ... Why does it feel like we're lying to people?


Jesse: But everyone's happiness are real, don't you think?


I remembered the times Jesse performed magic tricks to me, and I nodded in agreement.


You: Well what you said isn't wrong... Although I know it's just some trick, but each time I saw you perform, it felt like I've witnessed a miracle, it's always full of surprises!



Jesse: Haha, right? That's why I like magic. Especially when the audience gives out an expression where they've seen something unbelievable during the performance.


His gaze exudes a pure smile, as if they are fully immersed in the joy of making surprises, and also as if it's in relief that he could help a good friend out. But when his gaze turns towards me, the soft glow suddenly retracts, and turned into a dazzling yet scorching star, making my heartbeat a little messed up.


Jesse: However, the reaction where you've finally realized something, is something that I really like too. To understand the underlying keys of magic, does that disappoint you?


You: Not at all! Just like you and I right now, I'm already looking forward to bring surprises to people!


Jesse's mission to me was really simple, but requires some practice to get familiarized with it After that, he brought me to practice the gimmicks. Not long after, Gao Xuan pushed the doors and entered.


Gao Xuan: The audiences are getting impatient! Get on stage, big magician!






Read the last part HERE!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.