[Light and Night Event] Fun in the Wild - Episode 02 | Charlie's Birthday Event Part 1 || 光与夜之恋 活动02 沐野拾趣・剧情02

7/24/2021 08:39:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read Episode 01 Here




Standing right in front of the recommended attraction on the Fun Rural Farm Tour's flyer, Charlie and I have both fell into deep silence.




You: Charlie, do you think we are--



Charlie: Yes, we've been scammed.


Charlie took off his sunglasses, looking at the flyer that has lush green bamboo forest printed on it, then looking at the sparse mini bamboo forest before our eyes, and let out a long sigh.


Under the scorching suns, the heatwaves oozes out from the asphalt road, that even the flying sparrows wouldn't want to rest here.


You: Such fierce sun.


Only by covering my face with both hands, that I can finally open my eyes under the dazzling sun.


You: As the saying goes, since we're already here, how about we walk around to look at the scenery?


Charlie: Are you sure?



You: What do you mean?


Before I could respond, Charlie has put on his glasses, striding into the bamboo garden in large steps.


Charlie: One, two, three...


He mumbles as he walks into a side of the bamboo garden.


Charlie: ... Eight, nine, ten.


Not long after, Charlie came out from the other side of the bamboo garden.


Charlie: This bamboo is only walkable in ten steps, I'm done walking.


You: What!? This tiny?



I quickly ran into the bamboo garden, it's really true, that I've stopped moving after a few steps.


Charlie: Anything beyond 3 meters from here are not real bamboo. Only this... Giant simulation bamboo forest poster.


The warm breeze brushes over, the bamboo forest poster started moving around, making some quiet sounds.


You: I can't believe it, we're really being scammed. This level of fraud is a lot stronger than your food delivery call.



Charlie: Are you doubting me? Let me warn you, even if I were to commit fraud, I'll be the best fraud master.


You (pouting): ... Is it something commendable to have such a high level of scamming? You even wanted to fight for this?


Charlie: That's different, in my fiancée's heart, I should be the best in everything.


You: There's no need to compete in this... Sigh, we're busy for nothing again.


Charlie: What did you say that you wanted to do in the bamboo forest?


You: Turning one round, looking at the scene. But, there's no scene to look at right now.


In Charlie's gaze, it exudes an intriguing smile.



Charlie: Who says there aren't any?


Charlie suddenly leaned close to me, and held my waist with an arm. Suddenly my feet is lifted mid-air, and allowed him to hold me as he turned a circle in the same place. The breeze brushes my hair, evaporating the feelings of wanting to sweat in my neck, it's cooling.



Charlie: How about now? Can you see it?


Charlie held me, that our distance are so close hat even my eardrums can hear the heartbeat in his chest so clearly.


Charlie: The most attractive scene in this world, is standing right by your side. Also, you even hugged him and turned a round.


I could vaguely feel my cheeks burning, quickly lowered my face and pressed on his chest with my fingertips to push him away. 


You: It's so hot I could die. Can we keep some distance?


Charlie: Of course.


Charlie took a few steps backwards, the heat has finally disappeared into the air.


Charlie: Why are you always squinting?



You: Eh?


Charlie bend down, and lightly frowned.


Charlie: Come here, let me have a look.


He opened my fringe, and starting to sound serious.


Charlie: It doesn't look like there's anything abnormal. Are you sensitive to light?


You: If you're putting it that way, maybe yes, just a little.


Charlie: It's probably copiopia*. Try to reduce the time looking into screens, and look far into the distance more often. If you are feeling discomfort when you're home, then look for me in the hospital, I'll accompany you to make an appointment.


*T/N: Copiopia = eye strain.


Charlie: Also, wear this.


You: ?


On the next second, everything before my eyes darkened. Charlie's sunglasses is now on my face. The frame is a little loose on my face, and the diamond embedded into the side of the rims are a little heavy, that made the frame to start sliding downwards.


Charlie quickly reached an arm to hold onto the nosepads before I could even do so.



Charlie: Be careful.


A pair of large hands rustled for quite a while, it felt like Charlie has used something to tie on my ponytail.


Charlie: Alright, this way the sunglasses will be in a fixed position.


I was confused, and touched the top of my head -- a silky smooth twill fabric, with a delicate hemming process...


You: Is this a silk scarf?


Charlie: No, it was merely a piece of luxury silk scarf, but now it's a sunglasses fixing strap with an uncanny workmanship.


You: Fixing strap?


I touched behind my ears, and only then I've realized that Charlie tied the sunglasses with the scarf, then crossed it over my ponytail. As for the extra fabric was just simply placed over, and laid on top of my head.


You: Charlie, as a designer, I wanted to give you some suggestions. Don't you think that this design is a little familiar?


Charlie: Did it clash with your spring-summer haute couture design?


You: It's clashing with the auntie over there*.


*T/N: It means Charlie made her look really old, like an old woman's fashion.



Not far away, there's an local auntie cycling across the ridge on a tricycle, and the decoration on her head is just the same as mine.


Charlie closed his eyes and shook his head, putting on a rather aloof expression.


Charlie: The more people wearing it explains that it does have a potential to be in a fashion trend and also the traits of practicability. Also, would the silk scarf that I tied myself be the same as others?


Charlie patted on my head as if he's consoling me, then turned around to walk away.



Charlie: Alright, don't worry anymore. Health, is the best fashion.


You: Uh, okay.


The sunlight shines on the two person's figure, one of their shadows is high and the other is short, but the former walked slow and the latter walked fast.


The journey with Charlie, although it's going against the expectations, but it seemed to be getting interesting.





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.