[Light and Night Event] Memory Album: Sea Street / Sent Yesterday - Chapter 3 || 光与夜之恋 活动01 回忆相簿 剧情03: 海街/昨日寄

7/10/2021 06:15:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Read previous chapter HERE











Gao Xuan: Tangyuan, tell me the truth. The magic trick you just pulled off just now, was there a special meaning to it? Did you see the poster of "The Roses" on the wall of the coffee shop?


Jesse's face is now suspiciously tinted with redness.


Jesse: N-No, I only do tricks based on whatever I could get my hands on!


Jesse: Based on whatever you could get your hands on, you say? I could hear it all, those lines you said were straight out from the movie!


You: What movie? What lines?


Jesse: There was nothing like that at all! Gao Xuan, you're mistaken.


He tried to slot between Gao Xuan and me, but Gao Xuan kept trying hard to talk to me, squeezing him out to the side just like when we were all young.


Gao Xuan: It's "The Roses"! A very classical old film! Y/N, have you not watched it before?


I shook my head. While I've heard of the world-renowned classical movie, but due to various reasons, I have yet to find myself a chance to watch it.


Gao Xuan: Well isn't that just nice?


You: What's just nice?


Gao Xuan: Hehe, I'll keep it a secret. I'll tell you something, my coffee shop is the best spot to watch classical movies. When it's summer, every night will be an open-air cinema here. Students have started their holidays recently, so they like to gather at my place. Tonight, this place will be booked out by a group of mid-schoolers.


Gao Xuan: Besides open-air cinema, we've also prepared many minigames, customers can also make handicrafts, enjoy desserts and cold drinks. Look! This is the entrance ticket that I've designed, pretty stylish isn't it?


She gave me an entrance ticket that looks like a movie ticket from the past century.


You: Jesse look, doesn't this look like the movie ticket of the cinema that we've always went to when we were younger?


Jesse: Ah, do you mean the one where we watched animation movie?


You: What animation movie?


Jesse: They have a series animation, the one that is always broadcasted on the TV! Called... what is it called again...


Before he could think of the animation movie's name, the courtyard's gates opened with a screeching sound, a few students walked in while bantering and laughing together.


Gao Xuan: Ah, there are customers coming this early already! Thank goodness both of you are here! Then Y/N, you be in charge of the snacks stall, Tangyuan you'll be in charge of the game stall instead. I'll leave them to you!


Jesse and I started to take action on our own, just as according to Gao Xuan's arrangements. I came to the carefully decorated snacks stall. There are various cold drinks and fruit compôte available for the customer's to choose. According to their choice, I made them their drinks one by one. Under the dazzling suns, the bubbling soda drink is full of healing powers, and everyone are fully satisfied.


Looking at the students' chatting and having fun in such a lively manner, I too, couldn't help myself but to reminisce the school days.


You: How nice...


Right then, I suddenly felt a weight on top of my head. Tuning around, Jesse has already came behind me, placing a plush on top of my head.





You (pouting): Hey! Watch out for my hairstyle!


Jesse's fingers ran through my hair, gently combing along the strands.


Jesse: I'll just have to fix it for you then?


You: Now that's more like it.


I looked up and smiled at him, and only let out an exclamation the moment I noticed the plush in his hand.


You: Ah! This is--!!


The familiar look made my eyes gleam in joy, it's the celebrity cartoon character, GoGo Bear!


You: GoGo Bear! I remember now, the animation film you wanted to tell me earlier was GoGo Bear, right?


Jesse: Yep, that's it! I found this when I was at Gao Xuan's booth. Do you remember? When we were young I'd run to your house to watch GoGo Bear. Whenever the familiar music starts playing at 6PM, I'll be running to your place! Sometimes when I couldn't finish my dinner on time, I'd carry the bowl and run all the way out, and mom would be chasing me from behind with a feather duster.


You: Haha, of course I'd remember! This is truly nostalgic.



Jesse and I continued to entertain the students that are arriving here, time has passed quickly with joy and business.


As the night falls, it's about time to broadcast the movie. The students have gathered on the courtyard's lawn, waiting in front of the screen.



Suddenly, a faint scream came into my ears.


???: Ahhhhh! You [redacted] dog!


Dog: *whines and barks*


The sound seemed to came out from the brick house, and the projector that's used for movie broadcast is set up there.


Jesse and I exchanged a glance, stood up in tacit and headed straight to the brick house.



When we opened the door, Gao Xuan and Yuan Bao are standing beside the device. Gao Xuan angrily poking on Yuan Bao's head, and Yuan Bao could only droop its head while sitting on the ground.


I looked closely -- the power cable of the projector is laying dispiritedly on the ground, already broken.



Read the next chapter HERE

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.