[Light and Night Event] Fun in the Wild - Episode 05 | Charlie's Birthday Event Part 1 || 光与夜之恋 活动02 沐野拾趣・剧情05

7/25/2021 08:14:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Episode 04 Here




After making a brief stop back in our accommodation, we brought the fishing tools and baits to experience pond fishing. 




You: It was raining for some time last night, and now it's sunny without winds, it's too suitable to fish for grass carp.


The Charlie that was originally squatting while observing suddenly came over in smiles.



Charlie: Suddenly knowing so much? I remembered that when we were picking tools yesterday, someone doesn't even recognize what a buoy was. Looks like someone has been secretly studying hard last night, it must've been for me right?


You: I was just a little nervous...



Charlie: Then again, you don't have to be so stressed. The uneven in the fishing world, I've seen too much of them. Since the last person that was fishing with me is the champion of the FLW World Outdoor Fishing Competition.


You: I- I'll work hard...



I took out the lure that I've prepared a day in advance, and started stirring it out according to the ratio stated in the tutorial video. While I was being busy, I noticed that the Charlie by my side is empty-handed, only bringing fishing rod over.


You: Charlie, where's your lure?


Charlie: Lure? I don't need such troublesome item. Would you believe it? The fishes will obediently get hooked when I sit by the river.


You: Then I shall choose to believe in science.


I didn't bother much about him, pinching my lure, and chicly tossed the rod out.


*plop*


I could only hear light sounds of "plop-- plop--", the lure fell off, splitting into two halves with the bald hook, and both dropped into the waters.



Charlie: Mhm...


Charlie forcefully pretended that he did not see a thing, but the smirk that escaped from the corner of his lips could still be heard in this space with nobody else around.


You: That can't do, one more time!


I squatted down in embarrassment, cruelly piercing the lure onto the hook. When I stood up again, I could feel a passionate gaze that is staring at me intensely right my by side. My stress multiplied, letting out a deep breath, and fiercely swinging the rod again.


You: This round, I will never let the lure to fall out from the hook!


Who knows, an even more unfortunate incident has happened -- the fishing line made two turns in front of the rod, and got tangled together!


I quickly reeled it back, attempting to untangle the fishing line. But the more I try to untangle it, the more tangled it gets, that it does not seem to have any intentions to loosen up.



Charlie: There's a fishing legend standing right beside you~


You (pouting): I will not ask for your help.


Charlie: How is it a call for help? Don't stand on ceremony.


He calmly took the fishing rod, not knowing what method he used, but in a blink of an eye, the fishing line has untangled.


Charlie: Ain't I great? I told you, the important part in fishing isn't the tools, it's the technique. Because those who are willing will fall into the snare. For once, I shall demonstrate to you -- fishing without lures.


Swoosh-- The hook was thrown out in an inclined manner, accurately piercing into the waters by the reeds, there aren't much ripples on the water surface. Charlie chuckled lightly, it seems like he's pretty satisfied with the dropping point of the hook.


Charlie: Look properly, for the next interesting performance, you'll never see it on another person.


Not long after, there are some lively shadows emerging near dropping point of the rod, Charlie started to pick up the fishing rod very slowly. The action was stable, and his gaze turned sharp. Everything seemed like a dream back to the time where we were in Celsus, where the rigorous and decisive Dr. Zha in white appeared before my eyes.



Charlie: It's coming!


The moment he could feel the fish has bitten the hook, Charlie suddenly pulled the fishing rod, piercing the fish's lips and reeled in quickly. The fish's survival instinct has triggered its endless will to live, the white waves have start rippling on the surface.


You: I feel like I have rarely seen him with such a desire to conquer things with such intimidating look.


Finally, the fish has stepped down from its struggling wrestle, admitting its defeat.


Charlie: Now do you believe in my technique, fiancée?



The moment when he raises the fishing rod, the fish has drawn out a beautiful line of water, Charlie's complacent smile is now even more dazzling than the sun.


You: Um-- It was barely okay.


Charlie: What barely? You should be proud to have such awesome fiancé.


Charlie stood up, carrying the bucket full of fish. Yet just when he took his first step--



Charlie: Ahhh--!


Charlie stepped right onto the reed nest, staggering, and a splash can be seen from the fish bucket in his hand--


You: Mind the fish bucket-- Ahhhh-!!


"Thud!"


With a thud sound, Charlie and I both fell onto the floor, with mud all over us.


You: It's all your fault that I'm all covered in mud just to hold onto the fish bucket.



Charlie (sounding dead and helpless): Well you don't have to pounce on me just to save the fishes! Could the fishes be more important than I do?


You (pouting): They originally weren't, but now, YES!



Charlie: So you're admitting that you really loved me in the past right?


You: What kind of elementary school logic is this?! Go back to study your reasonings, Dr. Zha!


Quarrels with Charlie is always seemingly endless. But come to think of it, being like this isn't that bad either, at least it gave me more anticipation towards the summer with noisy cicadas.



-- The End --


Check out other translations of Light and Night here in my translation masterlist!





Event Stories:

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.