Main Story Ch. 1-12 - The Turning Point of Fate (命运的拐点) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/13/2021 10:58:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-




 Read Previous Chapter HERE




In a blink of an eye, the night for Warson Prize's finals have arrived. All participants have been racing against the time to make final amendments for their work, the tensed emotions and fighting spirits have reached their peaks.


As the bell for the competition rings, everyone placed down whatever they're working on at the same time, looking like they have a heavy burden lifted away as the director takes our works away. The competition of art and fashion now plays like an arrow on the bow, ready to begin.



"Dang Dang Dang", the music that pumps up the mood has started playing, the lights are shining brightly, and finally focused onto one spot.


Host: Everyone, welcome to the night for the finals of the 3rd Warson Prize! Coming up next, let us invite our honored guests tonight on the stage! First of all, let's invite the director of Warson, Mr. Lu Ting!



A middle-aged man in grey suit walked onto the stage. He stands upright, with deep features, exhibiting his boldness. Lu Ting made some simple small talks to the host, and the next in line are celebrities from various industries that have worked with Warson - the currently-famous beauty Lin Yao, pop singer Martin... ... each and every name that are familiar flashes through the screen, you could say that it's dazzling with stars.


Host: The next guest right here is our new friend in Warson! Welcome, the champion of Glitter Bullet Race Team, Osborn!


You: !



The familiar name stunned me for a little. 


He's wearing a tailored draping suit, with different shades of black as the base color, stacking in layers, and small amounts of gold embellishes in its details. 


His entire look is clean and neat, yet exudes some dangerousness and mysteriousness.


You: As expected... The color black really suits him well.


The host raises his microphone, beginning his small talks as usual.


Host: It is the first time that Warson Prize has actually invited a celebrity from the sports industry. I wonder if Mr. Osborn has a unique insight towards fashion?


Facing the camera, the corner of Osborn's lips curved up.


Osborn: I wouldn't call it unique, I just think fashion is something unrestrained, and you can do whatever freely.


Host: Ahaha, alright... Then have Osborn watched our previous competitions before?



Osborn: Of course, since some of the competitors are pretty interesting.


I immediately thought of the encounter with full of misunderstanding over the rooftop on the other day. Some participants... It can't be me, right?


Until all of the judges and guests have finished their introduction, the competition has begun. The background music of the catwalk show has begun, tens of models put on the clothing designed by the participants, going up to the stage in order.


Standing at the side curtain behind the stage, I kept trying to repeat the thoughts of my design again and again in my heart.


You: I must not be nervous later, must stay composed, must stay calm.


Staff: Next, get ready.


I took a deep breath, turned around and walked up to the stage. The hot lights have shrouded me. I looked at the model standing in front of me, wearing the dress that I have designed, it's as beautiful as a painting.


Striding, I reached to the model's side, bowed in everyone's applause, calmly explaining my design ideas.


You: Hello everyone, I'm Y/N. The design that I'm showing you today is named as 'Key of the Stars'.


Until I've finished elaborating my idea, I can feel the back of my neck already covered in sweat. Very quickly, the display of all ten dresses have ended. All finalists have stood in a row, shoulder-to-shoulder, waiting for the results to be announced.


Host: Now, the scores from the judges are right on my hand!


I quietly clenched my fists, it seems like there's a tiny drum in my heart that couldn't stop pounding.


Host: The three finalists will have the chance to enter the next round towards the championship, so who will they be?


Ba-dump, ba-dump, all my ears could hear now are the sounds of heartbeats.


Host: They are, the designer of "Tunnel of Memories", Wu Yue, designer of "The Final Orange Blossoms", Gao Cheng, and designer of "Key of the Stars", Y/N!


It's my name...


The wave-like applause have swallowed the stage, I couldn't respond, and only raised my head up towards the giant screen, my name is really being displayed on it.


You: It's really me! I'm in the final 3!



Gao Cheng: We're both in!


Host: Let us congratulate these three finalists, please step towards the center of the stage.


Although I've entered the top three, but this too, signifies that the next competition will be even more cruel.


Host: It's well known that Warson Prize is one of the top class competition in this industry. In order to present Warson's changing and innovative spirit, every champion match are impromptu design. Well for this time, what question will await for these three finalists?


Impromptu design, it's the biggest challenge towards designers. Without time for preparation or to ask for help, it's like a mirror that reflects the experience and literacy accumulated by the designer. I kept my joy from being promoted to the top three, and placing all my focus to listen. It's the final step towards the first step, I must grab this chance.


Host: The theme for the impromptu design shall be revealed soon, now let's welcome the final judges from Warson group! They are famous designer Yan Xiao, and Warson's design center's vice director Mya!



The panel's seat lights up, and two of the judges have taken their seat. However, the middle seat is surprisingly empty. The drum rolls, and the lights are shining, a light brightens the back of the catwalk stage.


Host: Lastly, allow us to invite Warson Brand's new design director, an internationally famous designer - Mr. Sariel!


Read next chapter HERE


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.