[Light and Night Event] Memory Album: Sea Street / Sent Yesterday - Chapter 5 || 光与夜之恋 活动01 回忆相簿 剧情05: 海街/昨日寄

7/10/2021 09:54:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 




Read previous chapter HERE





As the lights lighted up, Jesse made his shiny appearance under the gaze of curious audience.


Jesse: Good evening students! Before the movie starts, I have a question for all of you: do you believe that there's magic in this world? To the student over there that's shaking your head, watch carefully later alright? Perhaps whatever that happens next will change what you think.


Just listening to Jesse's very influential voice, I could only secretly sigh that he's a born actor, just with a few sentences, he could attract everyone's attention easily. And during this time, I pretended to be a waitress distributing drinks for everyone, holding my tear to mix into the middle of the group of audience...


The live atmosphere has become very lively, the magic show is about to begin. Jesse stood behind the table, and took out an ordinary-looking paper bag. He showed the insides of the empty paper bag, then stood it up, and placed his arm in it.



Jesse: Oh? It seems like there's something in here.


The audience held their breaths, all of them stretching their necks. Under the attention of tens of pairs of eyes, he slowly took out an overseas cap!


Jesse: I accidentally took away one of your caps, who's gonna come here to claim this?


Student A: Ah, it's my cap!


Jesse: A beautiful hat, here you go.


Jesse grinned as he returned the cap to the student. She unbelievably examined the hat, confirming that this is really hers, and let out a surprised scream.


Student A: Whoa, could this be what you call "telekinesis"?


The audience couldn't believe what has happened before their eyes, and has started their discussion in a lively manner. As they were immersed in excitement, I suppressed the nervousness in my heart, and reached an arm towards a folded umbrella from a boy...


Actually, I was the one that secretly took the girl's cap away before Jesse went up to the stage. I hid the item under the tablecloth on my tray, and pretended to deliver a drink to Jesse, but actually I was merely passing the item I took away to him.


Jesse borrowed the table to block others' visions, and stuffed the item into his arms. Then the paper bag that he used has a big opening at its back, so as long as he places his hand into the paper bag, he could take the item out from his arms.


I quickly hid the umbrella under my tablecloth, and walk towards the stage. Before I could walk far, a loud sound came from under the stage.


Boy: Eh? Where's my umbrella?


I stunned. Why would be think of his umbrella at this point of time?!


The umbrella in my hand felt like it became very hot. I can't stop feeling guilty, and my mind went into complete blank. Just then, I saw Jesse placing his props down, carrying his soda towards me. He pretended that he wanted to place the finished soda to my tray, but actually wanting to take the umbrella from my tray quickly.


The movements were very smooth and did not raise any suspicion among the audience. When he took away the umbrella, he even spoke naturally toward the audience.


Jesse: Did you lose something? Don't panic, let me look for you.


As soon as he finished his sentence, he winked me. I know very well that he's telling me not to worry. His wink seemed to really have magic, and has reassured my worrying heart immediately. I believe that no matter what happens, Jesse could always turn the tables around.


Next, Jesse walked towards the student that lost his umbrella. His slender hands made a slash in the middle of the air, and "made" that umbrella to appear from the bag behind the student.



Jesse: Is this your umbrella?


The boy widen his eyes in both joy and surprise.


Student: Ah? How could it be in the bag? I remembered that it was at...


The boy reached out his arms for the umbrella, but Jesse retracted his arms back.


Jesse: It's not over yet~


He opened the umbrella above the boy, and there are many star-shaped glitter falling from the insides of the umbrella, looking extraordinarily dazzling in the night.



Jesse: Starry night, a gift to this lucky student.


An applause came from the group of students.


Student B: Oh my gosh, how did he do that?!


Student C: So pretty, I want that too!


The students surrounded Jesse in excitement. Jesse then perform a couple more other magic tricks to the students, the cheers have never stopped among the crowd. Under the lively atmosphere, the time has passed quietly.


Until the cable has been sent over, Jesse could finally escape from being surrounded by the students.




Returning to the room, remembering the thrilling scene of the telekinesis performance, I could still feel fear lingering in me.


You: Jesse, your response is too quick! It was lucky that you can perform so many different magic, everyone were dazzled!



Jesse: Missy you've overpraised me~ It's just some small tricks.


You: I actually wanted to ask you during the preparation stage, when did you start learning magic?


Jesse: I can't quite remember, maybe when I was very young? The first time I saw a magic show on the TV, I really thought the magicians had magical powers. "Is there really magic in this world?" This thought has gave me a lot of happiness and hope. So, even if it's for a short moment, I hope to let people believe that there is really magic in this world.


You: I believe it! We made magic to happen just now, didn't we? Because of you, I will keep believing that there's magic in this world.


He stunned, and immediately relaxed his expression in a smile. His smile is just as dazzling as the light reflecting from the sweats of his forehead.


Jesse: ... I'm very happy. Thank you, Y/N.


Music can now be heard from the courtyard, the movie has started.


Jesse: Let's go, coming up is the magic time of lights and shadows!



We carried the orange-flavored soda and arrived the lawn of the courtyard. Gao Xuan has decorated a designated seat for us, the roses that Jesse gifted me are now in the vase on the table. The screen in front of us slowly lights up, what's projected on the screen are the scene of the red and white roses -- it is that movie that Gao Xuan mentioned, "The Roses"!


With curiosity, I immersed myself into the storyline. This classical film portrays a story the of the spiritual growth of the male protagonist that has encountered two different women that he loved during his childhood and adulthood at different times. Both red and white roses represents both of his loved ones.


"White rose represents the pure, original intentions, and red rose represents temptation"... this phrase really did came from the movie's lines. After that, the protagonist realized that these two women are the same person. This means the female protagonist to him is both his pure, original feelings, as well as his temptations.


When the movie is slowly closing to the end, the male protagonist said to her affectionately, "how lucky I am to be like this". As I immerse myself into this line, I could suddenly feel Jesse's gaze falling onto my face. His lips moved slightly, and the night breeze sends his low-toned mumbles over, together with the lines said by the male protagonist on the screen.









Jesse: ".... how lucky I am, to be like this."


The jewel-like emerald eyes are telling some indescribable emotions. My heartbeat turns faster, but I can't help but to be attracted to the glow in his eyes.


At this moment, both of the red and white roses are slowly blooming in the middle of this very night.


In this quiet summer night, with the noises of the unknown bugs, the lights and shadows of the screen are reflected onto our faces, yet in our eyes only had each other.



--- THE END ---

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.