6☆ Date with Osborn - Splendid Battle (绚烂之战) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/12/2021 07:04:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



Disclaimer: There are some jokes that might be slightly nsfw so read with caution!

There are also parts that can't be directly translated into English, but I've tried to leave notes to explain more about the context but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via Twitter!





Teammate A: It's your turn it's your turn, it's sis-in-law*'s turn to play her card!


Teammate B: Wow I'm looking forward to it, will it be related with Brother Xiao*?


T/N: 

* Not biologically related, but 'Ge' (a.k.a. big brother) is how Chinese address others in a respectful term. Depending on the relationship between the two, it can be of a friendly tone too. The wife of an elder brother is 'saozi' (a.k.a. sister in law) but it's also commonly used for your bro's girlfriend ;) 


Teammate C: Don't be like this, y'all, you'll scare her, right sis-in-law?


You: ... ...


The people in front of me are staring at me with gazes full of anticipation, as if I'm some kind of rare item. 


I nervously held onto the five poker cards in my hands, carefully shrinking backwards. As I shrink myself, I kept wondering how things turn out this way......


It's 10:30 in the morning, with clear skies and dazzling sunlight. Wasn't I here to watch Osborn's 13th match of this seasonal competition? How did I end up sitting with my legs crossed and playing a poker version of homophonic game in the racing team's rest area?



About half an hour ago, at the entrance of the race venue--


Osborn looked at the time, then glanced at me. 


Osborn: The one that will be fetching you will arrive soon, are you really alright to be all by yourself? 


You: No, no problem at all! Just relax and prepare for your race!


Osborn: ... Why do you look like you are a little impatient?


You: Eh?


I touched my face, feeling a little embarrassed.


You: You've seen through me, In the past I've only been watching R1 races on the TV, so it's very normal for me to be excited since it's my first time watching it live.


Also, this is Osborn's live competition venue, it'd be abnormal if I were calm. Osborn looked at me, and the edges of his lips curved up.


Osborn: Hmm, that's true too. Just come here for a few more times and you'll be calm. 


You (blushing): You--


Before I could refute, a loud yet stable voice could be heard from afar.


??: Bro~~ther Xiao!!


Osborn's brows twitched a bit, a look of disdain slowly crept up to his face. He held me to his side, and pointed the three people that kept yelling and running towards us.



Osborn: The loudest is called Shen Qinghan, remember to keep your distance from him whenever you see him in the future, otherwise your ears are gonna suffer.


You: Uh, okay...


Osborn: The one with red hair is called Pu Ning*, doesn't know how to write poems, and only knows how to give nicknames. Better to walk away if you see him.


T/N: Pu Ning (CN: 蒲宁; EN: Bunin; RU: Бу́нин) is most likely a reference towards Mr. Ivan Alekseyevich Bunin, the first Russian writer that was awarded with the Nobel Prize for Literature.


You: Did he gave you any nicknames?


Osborn: He doesn't have the guts to do that yet.


You: ......


Osborn: The remaining one is called Cheng Gui, nothing about him that stands out, just...


Osborn paused, and sighed.


Osborn: Forget it, just don't talk to him.


You: Wouldn't that be too rude? Also since they are your teammates, I...


Osborn: Hm? What would you do?


Osborn raised an eyebrow and looked at me, my face immediately flushed into redness, and quickly swallowed the next half of my sentence right back into my stomach.


What was I thinking? I actually wanted to say "I wanted to show a good impression"... 


Thankfully Osborn's playful gaze couldn't last for too long, because the figures of the three person wearing the team uniform has bolted their way right before us. 


Shen Qinghan: Brother Xiao you've finally arrived, this time you're half an hour late!


Cheng Gui: Well at least it's 10 minutes earlier than last time.


Pu Ning: We thought you wouldn't be coming this round--


The three person's voices stopped abruptly, then they stunned for a moment, slowly moving their gaze towards me.


.......


The air is suddenly quiet, should I greet them now?


After the thought, I raised an arm, and waved at them mechanically.


You: Nice meeting you all.


Just when I ended my sentence, the three of them suddenly acted like they were dispelled from a seal, going all "Whoaaa" and hugged together, as if something excited them.


Shen Qinghan: It's the girl that Brother Xiao brought over!


Pu Ning: Oh my so cute TUT.


Cheng Gui: As expected of Brother Xiao.


You: ... ...


Osborn coldly glanced at them, then looked at me.


Osborn: These few people love to ask nonsense, no need to mind them.


Pu Ning: Brother Xiao we're still here alright!


Osborn didn't care about them, and only patted on my head.


Osborn: They will bring you in first.


You: Alright, so... will you be getting prepared now?


Osborn smiled, but was interrupted by a voice when he was about to talk.


Pu Ning: Brother Xiao is already late, so he has to quickly get himself changed, check his equipment and whatsoever! Mi- Missy Y/N y can just follow us!


Osborn's smile stayed on his lips.


Osborn: You know very much, huh.


 Pu Ning: Ahahahaha... 


Pu Ning let out a dry laugh, quickly pulled me over and ran towards the race venue.


Pu Ning: Missy Y/N let's go in quick!


You: Ah! Wait!


I turned around, and saw Osborn standing under the sunlight with his lips slightly curved up. He stood at the very spot as he looked at me, slowly his figure is getting further and further, until it became a dot and disappeared.


When I've finally got back into my senses, there are a few things that have been placed in front of me. On a side is the VIP seat's pass, and another side is a work pass with a set of red team uniform. 


The Pu Ning that kept dragging me snapped his fingers, and right in front of me, he shook the set of team uniform open with a smug. Suddenly, a set of delicately tailored uniform set appeared before my eyes, youthful yet not losing its elegance.


Pu Ning: Looking at sis-in-law's gaze, it seems like you've knew? This-- is today's important tool!


You: Wait, what sis-in-law?


Pu Ning: Sis-in-law is Sis-in-law. Brother Xiao obviously dislikes me to call you as Missy Y/N, so I can only call you by 'sis-in-law'!


My face immediately flushed.


You: Osborn and I aren't...


Pu Ning: Doesn't matter, it doesn't matter.



He impatiently cut me off, and gave me the three items.


Pu Ning: Brother Xiao said to let you pick.


You: Eh, these are?


Pu Ning: The tools to enter the venue! To simplify things, change into the team uniform and take the work pass. Then you can pretend to be a support staff, entering the special area to watch the race closely. Closely, you understand? You understand this, right?


You: Then, how about the VIP pass?


The three boys suddenly put on a serious expression, exchanging glances with each other, and Pu Ning cleared his throat.


This pass, is actually a VVIP pass. Generally the ones that can enter VIP area has an important role. Don't mention VVIP, if you picked that, you can only... enter as Brother Xiao's family member!


You: What?!


I held my breath, without even thinking twice, I immediately took the work pass and red team uniform. 


You: I'll pick this one!


Pu Ning: Haha, see? I knew it!


Shen Qinghan: Hehehe--


Cheng Gui: Hehehe--


You: ... ... ... ...?



Just like this, I put on the team uniform, holding the work pass, and successfully entered the designated rest area for Team Glitter Bullet. Following the three's lead, I've successfully mixed with the team and started playing the "poker version of homophonic game".


Pu Ning: Sis-in-law, this is really not gambling, don't be afraid!


Other members: That's right that's right, the discipline in the racing team is very strict, we never play poker!


Never play poker? The five cards in my hand trembled a little.


Pu Ning: Brother Xiao has never played with us, since the past, all he knows was practice, practice, and practice... even if he's injured he only knows about practice. Since you've finally here in such a rare occurrence, help us to fulfill our dreams~


You: Wait, injured?


Pu Ning and other team members stunned too, but quickly started to make fun with each other.


Pu Ning: No biggie at all, it's common among racers, Brother Xiao is also used to it too.


Cheng Gui: Sis-in-law, don't worry, Brother Xiao is different from ordinary human.


Pu Ning: Right, hahaha, sis-in-law quick, place your card out!


While Pu Ning was happily hurrying me, my heart suddenly felt a bit suffocated. But since I'm now here, in this team, then it's better for me to believe in Osborn.


Yeah, believe in Osborn.


I took a deep breath, and focused my mind.


You: Then I'll put a card out?


Pu Ning: Yes yes yes yes!


The rules for this game is simple. When the game starts, everyone picks five cards, then make a logical phrase or sentence containing a homophonic word according to the number on the card. Whoever that couldn't match the sentence or story will lose the game.


I looked at the cards in my hand, starting to search around in my body for the suitable words. '2' can be used as a homonym as 'love', '7' for 'surrender' or 'strange', then for '5'-- 'I' is probably the easiest homonym*.


*T/N: In Chinese, the number 2 (er) is often used to represent 'love' 爱 (ai); 7 (qi) sounds the same as the second word of 'surrender' 放弃 (fang qi) or similar to the first word of 'strange' 奇怪 (qi guai). '5' (wu) is very often used to say 'I' 我 (wo). That's why you can see many Chinese people writing 520 as "I love you". Simplifying it in English, if let's say you get '2' (two), you can make a sentence like "I am not a free 2 (to) play player" to win the round.  


I picked the card with '5' and threw it on the stack of cards.


You: I--


Suddenly, a hand pressed over to stop my movement.


Osborn: This card can't do.


You: !




I turned around towards the source of the sound, only to see Osborn standing behind me. He has already changed into his race uniform, the unique red for Team Glitter Bullet is bright and cool, shining under the lighting.


When this dazzling red was worn on him, from the gleaming light, there was a touch of mysteriousness and willfulness that no one else had ever had. Although I've seen this outfit on Osborn so many times through TV broadcasts, but when he stands right in front of me like this, it gives out a different feeling. A strange, yet familiar feeling. I stunned for a couple of seconds as I look at the Osborn looking like this.


Teammates: Wow, Brother Xiao has come to visit us!


Pu Ning: Are you daydreaming? Of course he's here to see Mi- Missy Y/N.


You: Why are you here, aren't you going straight for the competition?


Osborn: Just to have a look, in case if someone is too daring.


Just when his sentence end, a weird "hehehe" going across the rest room.


You: Not at all, they are really friendly.


Shen Qinghan: That's right, Brother Xiao just relax and compete, leave Missy Y/N to us!


Cheng Gui: Look at the fit of the couple outfit, aren't we taking care of her pretty well? Hehehe.


Pu Ning: That's right that's right!


Osborn let out a cold chuckle, completely having no intentions to entertain them, then pulled out a 7 and threw it out. 


Osborn: You're all in shambles*.


T/N: In Chinese the phrase used was 乌七八糟 (wu qi ba zao) = 'mess'. I merely used 'shambles' because it's a synonym of 'mess' that starts with 's' for '7'.


Pu Ning: ... Brother Xiao, no game hurts people so bad like this! 


I covered my lips and laughed secretly, Osborn glanced over, and finally smiled a little.


Osborn: Alright, I'll head off.


You: So quick?


Osborn: Yep. Follow them properly later, don't lose your way.


You: Alright! Rest assured I will!


Osborn nodded, got up and headed right towards the competition area.


You: Osborn!


I subconsciously called him, surrounded by the light noises of exclamations, Osborn turned over.


Osborn: Hm?


You (blushing): You... stay safe!


Hearing what I said, Osborn stunned for a bit, but very quickly, he smiled.




Osborn: I almost forgot.


He walked towards me again, and took the '5' away.


Osborn: This card belongs to me now.


You: Eh?


Osborn: My lucky number.


Until Osborn disappeared from the rest room, the members of the race team started to turn chaotically lively again.


Shen Qinghan: Eh? Brother Xiao's lucky number?


Pu Ning: Since when did Brother Xiao started believing in this? What's his lucky number? Sis-in-law, which card did he take from you?


Cheng Gui: Love, makes people superstitious. 


... ... ... ... ... ... 




Very quickly, the match began.


I followed the team members to enter the pit area, preparing to change new tires for racers. The the venue's atmosphere is full of high tension and excitement, full of cheers towards the racer they are supporting.


The smell of the engine oils linger around my nose, and my ears are full of the sounds of the starting engines sounding like deep growls of the beasts, ready to break free from their shackles.


So this is the world that belongs to Osborn...


Pu Ning: Sis-in-law, later you can just stand properly by the side. 


You: Don't you need me to help?


Pu Ning: No need, no need.


He spoke as he put on the mechanic helmet, and showed me a thumbs up.


Pu Ning: We'll be in charge with 'charging' Brother Xiao's car, we'll leave the rest of the things to you~


You: What things?


Pu Ning: Hehehe... ...


Cheng Gui: Hehehe... ...


You: ... ...?


Not even having enough time to think, the howling sounds from the racecar's engines are closing up.  


It's Osborn!


The size of the familiar figure of the racecar slowly increase in my view, and my hands are suddenly a little sweaty. As it approaches the pit area, the high-speed racecar abruptly braked, the friction has made a loud screeching sound.


*screeching sounds*


A trail of spark appears behind the racecar, shining brightly in the air for a brief moment, then disappearing into the grounds. I stunned, and Osborn's racecar has stably parked in the pit, the mechanics have started working in order.


I kept staring the figure that is sitting in the racecar that did not even turn his head over for even a single inch. Unsure why, but I suddenly wanted to give a smile to him, not just to cheer him up, but also for this temporal yet eternal spark. So, I smiled to him.


Although he didn't get off the racecar, not taking off his helmet, or even looked over here for an inch, but I know that he can definitely feel my presence, just like how I can feel his presence too.


Very quickly, Osborn's racecar has drifted far away from us, the low-toned howls of the engines started the chasing scenes again.


Pu Ning: Are we making a new record again*?


Cheng Gui: Nope, this is just like last time, 2.7 seconds. You'll need to work harder. 


*T/N: The timing to change the tires matter in a race.


Pu Ning: Huhuhu, the speed of my 20-plus-year-old-yet-still-single hands are still insufficient!


Cheng Guo: It'll be enough when you're single for 30 years.


Pu Ning: ... ...


I burst out laughing. 


Pu Ning: Ah, sis-in-law is still here!


You: It's alright, don't mind me. Also, thank you very much, for letting me to experience all these first-hand.


Pu Ning: Haha no need to thank us, we have our own selfish intentions too~


You: Eh?


Pu Ning: Hahahaha because if you're here to 'charge' Brother Xiao, he'll definitely be the champion!


You: Ch- Charge?!


Pu Ning winked at me, still putting up with a smiley face, but did not explain further.


Osborn has been continuously leading the race, as soon as he reached the end of the 32nd lap, the audience cheered so loudly! In the cheering sounds, the large screen in the center of the venue has our flag and the racer's name -- Osborn.


"Piiii!!!!" 


You: We won?


Pu Ning: Ay yes, sis-in-law, Brother Xiao is a champion again, must be the power of the charge!


Cheng Gui: Yeah, occasionally charging from now and then is pretty good.


You: ... Why aren't you guys excited about it at all?


Cheng Gui: When we experience more, we've became calm.


You: ... ... ...


Pu Ning: How many champions did Brother Xiao get in this season again?


Cheng Gui: 13th.


Pu Ning: Let me count... There are 21 races in this season, and 13th race's champion... Hmm? Does this mean?


Cheng Guo: ... ... Holy sh*t.


You: What's wrong?


The Pu Ning that was counting on his fingers suddenly looked at me with full of tears.


Pu Ning: Brother Xiao... he... he's secured the first place for this year's point accumulation chart, he's a 5-time champion now!!!


You: !!!


5-time champion, that is the best record of the already-retired racing legend. The one and only. Osborn... He...


I remembered that person that always teases me, although never looking serious at times, but is always in high spirits. It's because of him like this, that has poured some dazzling lights into my heart.


The race ended quickly, and the audience seat have started moving, all hoping to be able to get their chance to see the youngest 5-time champion in the world at the first time.


I've decided--


--- Choice: How should I congratulate Osborn...? ---



From left: Do Nothing; Calling; Intimacy; Heartthrob


-- Choice: Do Nothing --


Looking at the turbulent crowd rushing over towards Osborn, I've decided to congratulate him later. Away from the crowd, looking at Osborn that is shining brightly in the crowd, a strange feeling of satisfaction is overflowing from my heart. Perhaps this is the same joy that he has after seeing him to win the first place.


After a very long time, Osborn could finally escape from media interviews.  




In the resting room, he called me and raised an eyebrow.


Osborn: You... Don't you have something you wanna say?


You: Of course I do, I have yet to even congratulate you! Osborn, congratulations on five-timing your championship!


Osborn: Thanks, but next time I prefer to hear your 'congratulations' at the very first moment next time.


He ruffled my hair, chucked and headed straight to the bathroom. I stoned at the place I was standing at, hearing the flowing sounds of the waters from the bathroom, suddenly my face is feeling hot.


You (blushing): Next time, I'll definitely tell you at the very first moment...


-- Choice: Calling: Cheering his name loudly --


Hearing the crowd and media cheering Osborn's name, I can't help but to feel all pumped up too. But--


Audience A: Osborn!! Osborn!! Osborn look at me!! Look at me look at me!!!


Audience B: Aaaa!! Osborn!! We love you!!!


You: ... ... ... ... Why does this sound like some idol fan cheer? Did Osborn debut? Anyways, I can't lose here!


You: Eh, that's not right, what am I admitting defeating to?


I was surprised at the weird thought, the cheering sounds are getting louder and louder, that I can't hold back anymore.


Taking a deep breath, I placed both of my hands near my mouth--


[Yell Osborn's name loudly so he can hear you!]




Although I've tried my best to yell, but there was not a single bit of response from Osborn, and he only continued to interact with the media. The staff beside me, however, showed some dissatisfaction. 


Staff A: Who do you think you are, how dare you to call Osborn that way!


Staff B: Right? You're actually a hater right?


You: ... ...


Feeling afraid of their stares, I stepped backwards in fear. And over the other side, Osborn has quickly stride into the rest area under the clustering crowd.


Looking at his figure, I lightly sighed.


You: As expected, I should change my way to call him next time.



-- Choice: Intimacy: Begin a celebrating ceremony --




I tried my best to wave towards Osborn that is swarmed by the crowd, but it doesn't seem to work, and very quickly, I'm drown within the crowd.


You: ... ... Aren't the people here a little too much?


I kept getting squeezed out, and after giving some thoughts, I've decided to wait for Osborn in the rest area.



Not long after, under the escort from his teammates, Osborn has entered the rest area.


Holding off my excitement, I walked towards him. He glanced at me and smiled. The teammates that were originally escorting him disappeared within a second as soon as they saw the scene, not forgetting to leave the familiar "hehehe" sounds...


You: That... ...


Osborn handed the trophy over to me.


Osborn: Don't have to say anything congratulatory, I wanted to hear something else.


You: Ah, this... your trophy...


Looking at Osborn, I suddenly remembered the celebration ceremonies that I've seen a few times, so clenched my fist, completely flustered.


You: Osborn!


Obsorn: Hmm... ...?




I raised my fist and punched towards Osborn--



[Try to activate your celebration ceremony]





[Tap anywhere other than his shoulder]


[Tap on his chest] It's not the standard posture. Do that again.

[Tap on his head] Your way of celebration is rather unique.

[Tap on his abdomen] Who told you that you're supposed to touch here for celebration?

[Tap under his waist] You touching here... are you really only thinking about celebrating for me?



Osborn: You--


Osborn frowned lightly, and sighed helplessly.


Did I bumped into the wrong place? Hmm... It seems like I wasn't supposed to bump there?


Looking at Osborn's expression, I can only laugh awkwardly.


You: Ha... Haha... I'm sorry, I just wanted to congratulate you, and I'm glad that you're back safely!


Osborn paused, and chuckled a little.


Suddenly, he reached an arm out to flick on my forehead.


You: Ouch!


Osborn: Guess you aren't silly enough if you know pain.


You (blushing): What now...


Before I could finish, he walked a few steps closer to me, leaned down to look at me seriously. Then, he reached out his slender fingers, gently rubbing on my forehead.


Osborn: So Mi~ssy Y/N has a lot more to learn.


You: Why are you calling me that way too?


Osborn: The host shall accustom to the guests.


I stunned, who's the host, and who's the guest? What does this mean?


Looking at my confused expression, Osborn laughed again.


Osborn: Didn't you want to celebrate for me? Your posture earlier was too substandard.


You: Alright, then I'll go back and learn again properly.


Osborn: Next match.


You: Hm?


Osborn ruffled my hair.


Osborn: On the next match, I'll check your learning outcome.


[Tap on his shoulder]





Osborn: That's actually impressive? Looks like I'll need to bring you with me next time.


You: I still need to congratulate you for five-timing your championship! And... Celebrating that you're back safely!


Osborn paused, and his lips gradually curved into a smile.


Suddenly, he held onto my hand, tugged lightly, and I fell right into his embrace.


You: !!!!


The familiar scent bashed towards me, dense yet with a familiar warmth, arrogantly dominating my breaths. My brain went into a blank, and could only allow him to shackle me with his arms.


Followed by a chuckle, his chest trembled.


Osborn: This is the way of celebration that you should be giving me, remember that from now on?


I stunned, and slowly tightened my hug to the trophy in my arms.


You: Yeah! I'll remember.


 

-- Choice: Heartthrob (1): Congratulate him at the very first moment --


Osborn's racecar went through a celebration lap on the track and stopped at the parking area. The broadcast and the live audience are continuously cheering the name of this newly crowned race king, Osborn.





With the already dazzling sunlight, the passion from the audience seemed to dazzle even more. The fiery team uniform almost blending with the red racecar. under the tens of thousands of camera lenses, he leaned towards his car, casually taking off his helmet. For that one moment, it felt like the dazzling lights have flashed throughout the world, and the time seems to have frozen.


The corners of his forehead is slightly wet from his sweat, but even so, he didn't look dejected, instead looking a little unbridled. 


There are actually people like him that exist, that dazzles so brightly even under the flashlights.


Audience: Aaaaaaa!! Osborn!!!


Not just the audience, even the reporters and staff from the pit area have now started a commotion. Osborn, however, didn't bother about any of these. He lightly frowned, looking across the people as if he's looking for something.


Suddenly, his gaze paused, and fixated straight towards one spot. That cold lips that were pursed into a single line, now gradually curves up.




At that very moment, all of the light have fell into his eyes. I kept trying to keep my head up, and our gazes met when I was caught off guard.


He... is looking at me.


My mind went into a complete blank, the yelling sounds of cheer, and the sounds of the shutter, all seemed to come towards me like a wave from afar. Almost so tiny, and unreachable.


In just a second, Osborn returned to his usual expression, threw his helmet to his team members on the side, and strides towards the rest area on his slender legs.


Staff A: Aaaaaaaaaaaaah Osborn is leaving!


Staff B: I've taken a lot of photos huhuhuuuu!!


Staff C: What was he looking for? Who was he looking at?!


Staff D: Didn't he look to our side? He even smiled!


Staff B: He didn't even bother to care about our pit area huhu, he never smiled!


Staff A: What do we have here? Could it be his girlfriend?!


You: ... ... ... ... ... ...


I gulped nervously, and shrinking myself into the crowd with a flushed face, not daring to stop my footsteps.


Reporters: Osborn is coming here! Quickly interview him!!


Suddenly, someone screamed from behind. The reporters in commotion have crowded this space even more. Before I could even respond to anything, a force that kept squeezing forward has crashed into my shoulder.


You: !!


Being bumped into, I could only trip forward until I bumped into someone.


Reporter: Hey, watch out! My equipment is very pricey!


I tried to keep myself balanced apologetically.


You: I'm so so sorry! Someone was squeezi--


Before I could even finish, an arm pushed me away!


The sense of imbalance came back, and my body uncontrollably fall towards another direction!


You: !!!!

As my thoughts were cut off, the world suddenly turned quiet.


"Thud!"


Everything paused in a warm embrace. A familiar scent lingers around my nose, accompanied by the sounds of the fast-paced heartbeat, telling me, that this embrace, came from none other than Osborn himself.


No wonder, the fall did not happen; No wonder, the crowd suddenly turned quiet.


I raised my head and saw Osborn's side profile. Between his brows is a light frown with a concerned look.




The arm that held me suddenly tightened, and with a hoist, he held me up by the waist! 


You: !!!


The sudden hug made me subconsciously placed my arms over his shoulders, and we're now surrounded by sounds of gasps. Osborn then continued to carry me horizontally, and walked out of the crowd that were gasping in surprise.


A few seconds later, the sounds of the shutter could be heard from his back, the cameras flash lights have been flashing on Osborn's face and body.


The Osborn right now, somehow looks a little different from his usual self. I grabbed onto the hand in his cloth, and suddenly, I could feel warm and fuzzy in my heart.


You: Osborn.


Hearing my voice, he drooped his gaze to glance at me.


Osborn: What's wrong?


You: Put me down, this doesn't quite look good.


My cheeks are feeling hot, that I dare not to look at him.


Osborn raised his brows, the way he looks at me is as if he's enjoying something.


You: If you do this, they will misunderstand.


Osborn: Misunderstand?


My cheeks are only getting hotter, yet Osborn's mood seemed to have brightened so much that he let out a chuckle.


Osborn: What's there to misunderstand? Also, is this even a misunderstanding?


You (blushing): Eh?


Osborn: Comparing to this, shouldn't you be saying something to me?


You: Ah, right! Osborn...


I grabbed onto his clothes, and raised my head to look at him.


You: Osborn, congratulations on winning the first place.


Osborn: Mhm. Anything more?


You: Eh? You're great!


Osborn: You've said this many times, say something else.


You: ... You're cool?


Osborn: Indeed.


You: ... Then, thank you?


He raised an eyebrow without a comment. Did I not say it right? Thinking of the current situation right now, I've determined...


You: I'm a little heavy, are you tired?


Osborn: ... Nope.


His tone sounded so helpless, but also seemed like he wanted to laugh.


I looked at his side profile in confusion, trying my best to think for a couple of seconds, and thought of something. Could it be...?


I nervously licked my lips that were a little dry from nervousness, and carefully spoke.


You (blushing): Osborn, I'm glad that you're back safely.


His movements paused, and his footsteps stopped. The arms that were holding me suddenly pulled me into a tighter embrace. The flash lights and shadows that fell onto his face made me unable to see his expressions clearly, but his heartbeat that came from his chest, beating into my ears, beat by beat.


"Ba-dump, ba-dump--"


All of these seemed so unreal, but is happening right in this reality.


After being silent for half a second, a chuckle came from his throat. His voice was deep, and lingered around my ear. 





Osborn: Mhm. I'm back.




-- Choice: Heartthrob (2): Congratulate him personally --


All the way until the evening, only then the members of the team have gradually calmed down. I too, have finally escaped from the gazes of curiosity.


I looked around, there are really too much audience and media...


You: I guess it's better for me to look for a chance to congratulate him later!


Thinking that way, I walked through the crowd towards the rest area. It took quite some effort to squeeze my way towards the entrance of the rest area, but the cheering noises are getting closer and closer.


Suddenly, a slender arm grabbed my wrist. I turned around, only to notice that Osborn is standing by my side, raising an eyebrow at me.


Osborn: What a coincidence. 


You: Os-


I stunned, a bunch of flashlights have flashed into my eyes, and followed by even more flashlights. I blinked in discomfort, and Osborn's face sunk. On the next second, he pulled me into his chest with light force, raising his hand to block my eyes and side profile.


Osborn: Go.


My face flushed, immediately followed his footsteps towards the rest area. The noises of discussion, cheers and shutters have mixed together, but I was all covered under Osborn's palm, unable to feel the liveliness from our backs. Only his warmth that is spreading bit by bit from his palm towards my cheeks, surrounding me.



Until the doors of the rest area is closed, that I could finally escape from the suffocating feelings. After leaning against the walls and gasping for air, I raised my gaze to look at the calm person from the very beginning. Osborn's expressions are just as usual, just that his forehead is now full of tiny beads of sweat, slightly wetting his hair.


Raising his arm, he smoothly took off the uniform from his body, then as if he suddenly remembered something, he paused, and turned his head over to glance at me.


You (flustered): !!!


What... What kind of situation is this?! I am not mentally prepared for this, and subconsciously turned around to run away immediately. I didn't even know why I was running away for, it's just that Osborn... the Osborn that is topless... 


Yet, Osborn's hand is quicker to reach the door than I did, firmly pressing onto the door frame, placing me between him and the door. What follows is his hot breath that could be felt behind my ears...


Osborn: What are you running away from?


You: ... I- I didn't...


My voice was so demure, that whatever I said were definitely not convincing at all. Osborn smiled again and again, even his tone sounded perkier. 


Osborn: Are you sure?


The ear that he's closing up to is getting hotter and hotter, yet I dare not to move away from him.


Besides the sounds of his breath, there is also my rapid heartbeat from nervousness that could be heard. They weaved together, pulling my consciousness further away.


You: You...


Osborn: I'll stop teasing you.


As he said, I could feel the his breath from my ear is now further away from me, but my consciousness did not come back because of it.


Osborn: There's a celebration reception tonight for the race team.


You: Then I...


Then what am I supposed to do?


Osborn: Let's have a meal with them?


You: Okay.


Why is my brain still completely blank? The blurry mist is completely filling my head, so much that they could leak out from my ears.


Osborn: Then stay here, wait for me, don't go anywhere.


You (blushing): Okay.


Osborn: Also, you don't have to face the wall anymore.


Osborn chuckled lightly, and the sounds of his footsteps are getting further away from me.


Until the door of the bathroom is closed with the sounds of flowing waters could be heard, only then my thoughts have completely returned to me.


When I turned around, the rest area is already emptied, only the racing uniform that Osborn was wearing is lonelily hung on the sofa. 


You: Did he went for a shower?


I inexplicably felt relieved, and touched my cheeks that are still hot. What do I want to do next, how about sneak away... that's not right!


Osborn: There's a celebration reception tonight for the race team.


Osborn: Let's have a meal with them?


Osborn: Then stay here, wait for me, don't go anywhere.


You: Okay.


I almost choked at my own reply, almost fainted. 


You: I actually agreed to join the celebration reception? And it's for the racing team, what am I even doing?!


Just like that, I've immersed myself into self doubts, until the bathroom doors are opened again. Osborn walked out from the bathroom, wore new clothes, and sat in front of me. The water droplets are still hanging onto his hair, but the grin on his lips has never been away.


Osborn: Yo, no longer facing the wall?


You: ... Yeah.


Osborn: What happened to you? Not happy?


You (blushing): No, it's just...


Drip drop. A drop of water dripped between us from Osborn's hair. The "I think I won't be going to the celebration reception" suddenly got stuck between my throat. I laughed awkwardly, and grabbed the towel in Osborn's hands.


You: I'll dry your hair for you!


Osborn: You... sure 'bout that?


You: Uh, is there no need for that?




Osborn didn't say a thing, only smiled, then reached an arm to drag me towards him, and followed by putting an arm over my waist.


You (flustered): Osborn!


Osborn: This is more convenient for you to dry my head.


You (blushing): ... ...


I can't get away from him, so I could only put the towel on his head and ruffled a few times, but my eyes suddenly glanced the opening of his collar.


His T-shirt's fabric is very soft, and his figure has lightly stretched the fabric. A drop of water dripped onto the T-shirt from his hair, slowly spreading around into the fabric, and staying tight with the figure. I gulped my saliva subconsciously.


Osborn: ... Y/N, are you hungry already?


You: Hmm? Not at all.


Osborn: Oh?


You: ... ... ... ... ... ...


The air is suddenly deadly silent, and I almost turned stuff having to only realize what he actually meant earlier.


You: Don't misunderstand! I'm just---


Osborn grinned, stretching his slender limbs, putting up an expression that makes you having trouble to interpret what he really meant.


Osborn: What were you planning to do?


You: You- you- you- you, wear your clothes properly!


I quickly let go of my hands that were holding onto the towel and covered my eyes. The world seemed to turn even more quiet. After quite a while, I can feel Osborn tugging my shirt.


You (blushing): What are you doing?


He pulled my hands down, contemplating as he measures me up, but his grin still retains.


Osborn: I thought you'd be getting the VIP pass.


Remembering what Pu Ning said, VIP pass holders requires you to enter as Osborn's family member, my face helplessly flustered.


You: ... ... I think the work pass is better. Yeah!


Osborn raised an eyebrow, and smiled at me.


Osborn: Indeed.


I stunned a bit, unable to understand what his 'indeed' meant, but suddenly my heart trembled with a weird feeling surfaced. I pursed my lips, drooped my head, picking up the towel and continued to dry his hair quietly.


As I dry his hair, my hand movements still stopped.


You: You-- Why would you think that I'll be getting the VIP pass? We are merely...


My heart tightened itself that I couldn't continue talking, that even I had to breathe carefully. Osborn glanced at me, and looked a little confused.


Osborn: VIP area allows you to watch the race without distraction, and not even needing to do labor work at the pit area, isn't that good?


You: But, they told me that the VIP area is very... VIP. If I wanted to enter, I can only enter as the family member of the racer.


Osborn paused for a second, then burst out laughing.


Osborn: You actually believed that?


You: ... It's fake? But they were telling it so seriously.


Osborn: Oh, to sprout nonsense with a serious face is their specialty.


You: Then... ...


I avoided Osborn's gaze, feeling that I am a little embarrassing, why has it turned out this way...


Osborn: Just because of this you got conned into working, aren't you silly?




You (pouting): I am not silly alright, also I wasn't even doing anything... your teammates were treating me pretty well.


Osborn: They've made you to go to the pit, isn't that labor itself?


You: Uh... ...


Remembering the 'charging' saying, my face can't help but to heat up again, so I immediately turned my face away, not looking at him.


You: Of course not!


Osborn smiled, and reached out an arm to take away the towel in my hand, pinching my chin to turn my head back to him. He tilted his head up a little, looking into me just nicely.


Osborn: The work pass is pretty good too.


You: Hmm?


Osborn: You in this fit, is not bad too.


You: Really?


Osborn: I never noticed it in the past, you actually suit this style pretty well.


You: Eh...


He measured me from top to bottom, starting to comment even more seriously.


Osborn: Looking full of youthfulness, yet also... very well-proportioned. Hm, not bad.


You (flustered): ... ... ... ... ... ...


You: Stop commenting!


Flustered, I covered his mouth, pretending to look at him angrily while pouting.


He stopped talking, but he's still smiling. His deep eyes have slightly curved, gazing at me. His eyes are bright, and full of emotions that I am not familiar with, but I know he's happy.


You: You... don't... anymore...


I muttered quietly, but I don't know how to continue my sentence anymore. His breath falls onto my palm, making a scorching patch on it. I paused, and retracted my hand away. Osborn chuckled lightly and held onto my hand. The warm touch has burnt away my rationality that I had only very little left to begin with. 


Osborn: Alright, I know. So... those hands... please spare me some mercy.




------ Ending -------




After relaxing, I leisurely waited for Osborn on the sofa. The sunset glows have now clouded over the clear skies, the darkening colors of the sunset have passed through the glass into a rarely empty rest area.


The lively noises are slowly getting further away, and sleepiness is slowly kicking in. It felt like it has been a long time since I've been this relaxed. As if it was since I didn't care about anything else and wanted to be a designer. The feelings of tension has been creeping onto me since then, that made me unable to escape.


I closed my eyes, my mind suddenly replays every bit of my memory across all these times, just like a marquee. I'm grateful that in every bit of these memories, lies the same figure-- Osborn.


Suddenly, everything in my vision disappeared, only with the colors of the sunset left. The orange setting sun, the rising night skies, and... a scent that is so familiar and reassuring. Leisure, warm, and a tinge indescribable gentleness. I subconsciously turn my body to find the source of the scent, but accidentally bumped into something hard. Slender, and having some warmth, I tentatively rubbed onto it, this is-- 





I quickly opened my eyes, what appears before me are decorations that aren't unfamiliar, it's Osborn's car...


Before my brain and eyes could get used to the situation, the voice I'm most familiar with has sounded in my ears.


Osborn: ...


I could see Osborn sitting on the driver's seat as soon as I turned over. He's playing a poker card, and smiled at me.


Osborn: Awake now?


I sat up immediately, now more than half awake, and noticed that I was covered in his jacket and have fallen asleep on the passenger's seat, feeling a little embarrassed.


You: I actually really fell asleep... Did I sleep for a long time?


Osborn: Well, it was alright.


Alright?


I blinked in suspicion, the skies have turned completely dark, and the time in the car is already showing that it's 7pm.


You: !! How was I asleep for so long?! Didn't you wake me up?!


Osborn: I did, but it was useless. As soon as I reach my arms out you caught it right away--


As he spoke, he raised his chin towards the direction of his arm.


I slowly looked over, and a firework was set off in my brain, and I was immediately stunned. I have been sleeping while holding onto his arm!! The warm and slender feeling, was...


You: !!!


I quickly let his arm go, and under his playful gaze I quickly leaned backwards, right into the seat with a thud.


You (flustered): I, I- I- I---!!!


Osborn: What should I do? My arm is really numb now.


You: Don't suddenly say weird things like that...


Osborn: Was it weird? Why do I see that you were sleeping so soundly? What did you dream of, that you were smiling while rubbing on my arm?


You (flustered): What?!


I could feel that all of my blood has rushed towards my head, that my cheeks couldn't be any more hotter.


Osborn ignored my shyness, and leaned a little more towards me.






Osborn: Don't be too embarrassed, this is easy to handle. Next time, just lend me your arm for me to sleep, how's that?


You (blushing): ... ...


Osborn: If you're quiet I'll take that as you've agreed to it.


I completely stoned.


Osborn now gives out an even more satisfied smile, slightly tinkering with the poker card in his hand and kept it.


You: ... ... this card is?


He turned the card towards me, it's the '5' that he took away earlier.


You: Osborn, is '5' really your lucky number? I heard from the members from the team, that you didn't have a lucky number before?


He didn't answer, but only smiled to me. After giving a thought, I carefully guessed.


You: Could it be because your car plate number is 32, and adding 3 and 2 equals to 5?


Osborn: ... ... Not completely because of this.


You: Eh?


Osborn: There was indeed no lucky number in the past, but now there is one.


You: Ah? Does it work that way too?


Osborn: Of course. Ever since I had it, I've been coming back safely.


You: Osborn...


My heart is overflowed with how touched I feel right now. Actually, it didn't matter to me whether he wins or loses the competition, the most important thing is for him to never get injured again.


Osborn looked at me, his deep gaze has caught me firmly. His voice was deep, soft, as if he was talking in his sleep, but it was clearly heard.


Osborn: As for why it is '5', didn't your heart have the answer at that time?


That time... did he mean when he took the card away? The poker card during that game. About '5', the only homonym that I could think of was only a simple one... 'me'. 


So the reason why he took away this card, was because of 'me'?


I startled a little, and looking at him shyly. He, however, retracted his gaze, only kept smiling, and started the car.


Osborn: Let's go.


The dashboard's needle started turning, the low-toned sounds of the engines vibrate in my eardrums, pulling my thoughts away along with the winds from outside of the window. The neon lights shines across Osborn's face, interchanging between brightness and darkness, and stirred up feelings that I never had from my heart. Each and one of these happenings seemed to be telling me that very answer.


It's the answer, that Osborn has told me from the very beginning.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.