Main Story Ch. 1-19 - NIGHT END The Turning Point of Fate (命运的拐点) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/17/2021 10:52:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Previous Part HERE or the LIGHT ENDING HERE






 After returning to the backstage, everyone were discussing about the celebration reception later.


You: You guys can go first, I'll head over after packing things up.


Gao Cheng nodded, and left with W Yue and the others. I walked towards the preparation room alone. Comparing to the liveliness during the competition, it is now a lot quieter.


I folded the clothing one by one, putting them into the box properly. There's only a jacket left that is hanging on the highest bar. I tried tip-toeing, but I still can't reach it.


You: Let's look for a stool.


Stepping onto the stool, I could finally get the thick and heavy jacket. Holding it with both hands, I carefully used my foot to look for the floor. However, as soon as my foot was about to touch the floor, suddenly my balance went off--


You: Oh no!


I quickly hold the jacket into my arms, but at the same time I could feel someone holding onto my shoulders firmly from behind.



??: Be careful.


I turned over in surprise to find a pair of familiar eyes.


You: Lu Chen?


He nodded, but he did not look surprised at all. He naturally took the jacket in my arms and placed it on the wardrobe.



Lu Chen: Are you alright?


You: I'm fine, thank you. But why are you here?


Like the time we've first met, the Lu Chen right now is still wearing a decent suit. Matching with his tall figure, if we have never met, I'd think he's a model or a guest.



Lu Chen: It was for work. I too, did not expect to meet you again here.


You: Work?


But the staff for the TV show are wearing a uniformed attire, and there are no media tags hanging in front of his chest.


You: Could you be an employee of Warson?


Lu Chen stunned, then the corner of his lips curved up, declining to comment.


You: Such coincidence actually exist in this world...


Lu Chen: I've seen your works, I really like it.


You: You don't have to console me, I'm fine.


Lu Chen: It's not consolation. Aesthetics itself is a very personal and subjective matter, some people may not accept your works, but naturally there will also be people that will really like it. Coincidentally, I am the one that likes it. Can you tell me why you made a hat with the toughest black lace?


You: Because I think that despite the material looked really ordinary, but it has a strong sense of strength. I like the ordinary yet tough feeling.


Lu Chen: It's a coincidence for me to say this, the lining of my first set of suit is also made of this material. On surface, it looks really ordinary. But there was once the shirt got a very large cut, and only then I realized that the lining was only torn by a little. So you see, the strength that is hidden under an ordinary surface will eventually reveal itself someday. Also, if we are looking into a long term perspective, more surprises are usually made by the ordinary.


He smiled at me with a gaze full of encouragement and reassurance. I suddenly felt like it's as if there was a pleasantly warm breeze, gently blowing the confusion and embarrassment away from my heart. In this road of designing, I am not as lonely as I've thought, at least there is somebody anticipating my future.


You: Yeah, thank you.


Lu Chen's smile turned a little helpless.



Lu Chen: Why does it feel like we've returned back to that night? You've said 'thank you' for many times.


I tidied my bangs in embarrassment, gazing away, wanting to switch a topic.


You: Right! Speaking of the other day... Can you wait for me a little? I have something for you.


I opened the box I've closed earlier, and looked into it for quite a bit to finally find an ash gray tie clip from the accessory box buried at the bottom.


You: This is a gift to you.


Lu Chen startled a little, seemingly a little surprised.


Lu Chen: Did you make this?


You: Yeah, after returning home on that day, I couldn't fall asleep because I was too nervous, so I've made this. I wanted to make it as a gift to you for the coffee. Unsure if we could meet again, I've always brought it with me to try my luck. Who would've thought we could meet again this soon. This tie clip might be a little crude, I hope you do not mind.


Lu Chen measured up the tie cli in his hand, his gaze darkened.


You: If you don't think it looks good I can make amendments again, because this was indeed made in a rush.


Lu Chen: Thank you, I really like it.


He shook his head, and clipped the tie clip very seriously.


The effects of him wearing the tie clip is not quite the same as what I've imagined, but it's surprisingly suits better than I thought. The necktie is now decorated with a bit of ash gray, like a ray of light coming out from the depths of heavy mists, bright, but not too dazzling.


You: That's great, it suits you well.


I let a breath out in relief, but suddenly the phone in my pocket rang. It's a message from Gao Cheng, asking if I've done packing and what time I can head to the celebration reception.


Lu Chen: Do you happen to have plans after this?


You: Yeah.


Lu Chen: Then I shall not hold you off any longer. Thank you for your gift, I will appreciate it well.


You: You're welcome, then I'll excuse myself.


I packed the rest of the things into the box, holding them in my arms and left the preparation room.


Looking at the figure of the girl that gradually disappears, Lu Chen lowered his gaze. He took out an accessory box, inside of the box too, lies another ash gray tie clip. It's more exquisite than the one he's wearing right now, regardless the material or workmanship. A peculiar expression appeared and vanished under his eyes, he suddenly remembered what the girl said.



Lu Chen: Right, how could there be such a coincidence in this world?




Read Chapter 1-20 Here, or alternatively, Read Light End Here



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.