Main Story Ch. 1-20 - The Turning Point of Fate (命运的拐点) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/17/2021 11:49:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Read previous part here: Light End | Night End






When the celebration reception ended, it's already late night.


After returning to the apartment, I randomly switched on the TV, it's announcing the results of this round's Warson Prize. I saw my own expression of disappointment flashing through the screen.


An An's message, however, has dragged me out of the sadness.



An An: Let's have hotpot before you head back! Let's order a lot of dishes, and forget the troubles after eating!


You: Then I also wanted to drink milk tea and eat BBQ. From now on you must eat around Guangqi city with me.


I could almost imagine her troubled face when looking into the phone, being unsure what to say to console me, suddenly my nose feels sore.


An An: Eh? You aren't going back?


You: Yeah, I wanted to keep staying in the country... It's a long story, I'll tell you slowly next time.


Only feeling down for a moment, I quickly suppressed the sadness and unwillingness from my heart. Although I have returned to this country without a good start, but I will not doubt myself, plus I have a friend that is supporting me so much. Only this way, I can welcome a brand new tomorrow.


I immediately switch off the TV, I concentrated on unpacking the suitcase from the competition while thinking of my following plans at the same time.


You: Since my plans to start a brand after winning the first place is now gone, what should I do next...


The phone on my table suddenly vibrated. It's an unknown number.



??: Good day to you, I am Mya from Warson's Design Centre.


Mya?!


You: Good day to you... May I know why you're looking for me?


Mya: You've left a deep impression to me during Warson Prize, for a newbie, it's not bad. Although you have a long way to go in your design journey, but it's undeniable that you have a lot of talent. The Warson Brand right now is seeking for change is now looking for new blood.


You: You mean...


I could feel my heart beating crazily and uncontrollably.


Mya: I am representing the Warson Group to invite you to join our design center as a Junior Designer. HR will send the offer letter to your email, please consider it. To designers, the starting point is very important. To be able to stand by the industry giants as you move forward is a rare opportunity for every newbie, and Warson is the giant in the design industry.


After the call ended, I opened my email, and I really did receive an offer letter. Under the gold logo has my name written on it. Just as Mya said, the Warson brand has offered me a position as a Junior Designer. I read the offer letter word by word, sentence by sentence, with my sight falling onto the signature.



Warson Group, Evan Lu...


Before this, it wasn't that I did not consider about joining a company, but I still wish to work towards starting my own brand. But after experiencing this competition, I realized that I am not as mature as I've thought. There are so much more that I needed to learn and comprehend, and Warson, is probably the place that could bring me all these. Although I am unsure if I can do well in this path that suddenly appeared before me, but I am willing to give it a try, towards a higher stage.


[At Lu's Mansion]



Under the same moonlight, in a manor hall located somewhere on the other side of the city, the blazing light suddenly extinguished. A middle-aged man half-knelt in the middle of the room, bowing his head down towards a dignified elderly.


??: How's the situation?



Lu Ting: ... The Purplite bird* has vanished, the nameplate bracelet of HCP18407 is still being tracked.


A heavy breath could be heard in the air. After quite a while, the voice is heard again.


??: If it's still like this next time, then you don't have to come back anymore.



Lu Ting exited the room, the swaying lights in the corridors lengthened his shadows, putting his figure that is trembling in anger onto the wall. As the footsteps echoed in the hallway, another figure walked past his shoulder.


Lu Ting: You should not have came back.


Lu Chen did not answer, only smiling even more.



He pushed the heavy door open, looking at the rickety back in the depths of the night.


??: The incident in the past is now over, since you've returned to the family, you shall now bear your mission. Regarding the nameplate, provide your assistance to Lu Ting.


Lu Chen: Yes.


??: This round she might awaken anytime, we can not afford to miss out the last chance anymore.


His figure slowly disappeared, but the voice still echoed in the room.


Lu Chen quietly stood in the middle of the room, a piercingly cold breath gradually shrouded his face.


Lu Chen: The last chance, huh...




Outside the windows, the Purplite bird flapped its wings, flying past the highest points of the city, disappeared into smokes. The people in their deep sleeps can't hear its howls. In the depths of the clouds showing tiny specks of scarlet, a new day shall soon dawn.






Read previous part here: Light End | Night End


Chapter 2 Starts HERE



*Crediting the term Purplite Bird to Ran, you may also refer to her translations here in her blog.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.