Main Story Ch. 3-05 - The Seawaters and The Flames (海水与火焰) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/26/2021 04:57:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously In 3-03..... (Read Previous Part Here)


Osborn: Let's go.


You: ... Where to?


Osborn: Didn't you want to take photos? I'll lead the way.




Following Osborn to descend from the audience seats, we've arrived the resting area for the race team. The tall glass cabinets leans against the wall in a row, with various trophies and photos of the race team arranged according to the year obtained. Under the spotlights, the glory times are all shining brightly that would make one to have an illusion, as if they've stepped into the historical moment as soon as they walk to the cabinets.


I noticed a familiar photograph among them: Osborn standing on the podium, with his helmet in his arm.


You: It's the photo that An An have shown me--


I can't help myself but to tiptoe for a better look on the photo.



Osborn: The real person is just by your side, why are you so excited by the photos?


Even though he's said so, he still opened the door of the glass cabinet, and gave me the photograph.


You: When was this photo taken?


Osborn: The first time I won the R1 Championship.


The Osborn in the photo still looks a little fresh, the face that he raised high was looking forward in so much focus, as if he's looking into the era that will soon belong to him.


You: Osborn, why did you want to become a racer?


Osborn's gaze circled around the cabinet and returned to me.


Osborn: Why do you want to become a designer? My answer is the same as yours.


You: Me? Because I have deep affection for it?



Osborn: Everywhere in life require me to think and be patient, only racing will call me to go forward.


As he speaks, his looks are just as sharp as the younger him. I can't help myself but to snap a picture of him right in this very moment.


Osborn: Let's get going, to have a look out there.


Exiting the resting room, we've arrived to the first row of the audience seats, just nicely, there's another match that is ongoing.




The feelings aren't so obvious when I was spectating from afar, but now that I'm standing here, that I could finally feel what "quick as lightning" meant. The stirred winds gushes towards us, blowing so hard that even our jackets made brushing sounds as the strands of my hair is flying before my eyes, I suddenly felt like all of my troubles will blown apart.


The scene before my eyes have turned into a blur, that I simply closed my eyes, and begin to embrace the world with my senses. That moment, I could hear my heart beating hard, with my blood pumping all over. I can't help myself but to spread my arms, feeling like a bird managed to escape from the cage, or an elk that has freed itself from the bounds of the snowfields, the kind of satisfying joy where you have no need to look back, it's just so great.


You: I think I somehow understood the feelings you mentioned just now.


Osborn's gaze suddenly looked a little deep, with the blue skies reflecting in it.



Osborn: Only the freedom that feels like I've gotten rid of my shell is suitable for me.


You: Freedom...


Yeah, I too, came back from overseas to chase for freedom, that I've now picked the life I'm having. I suddenly remembered the freedom that Lin Yao mentioned when she watched the race on the other day, and her anticipating expression. Somewhere in my heart seemed to have been quietly triggered, looking at the team logo that is reflecting lights, I suddenly had an idea.


You: Osborn, I can make a series of fashion items with racing as the theme in the future! It'll represent danger and extremities, also representing a seemingly crazy romance and freedom. At the same time, it'll represent the perseverance of keep moving forward until the final destination! If it's possible, I'd like to go to the resting area again--


Realizing that I've been talking non-stop like a machine gun, I immediately kept my mouth shut, and gave an embarrassed smile to Osborn.


You: I'm sorry, I wanted to take a few more pictures for materials, can I?


Osborn smiled as he nodded.



Osborn: No problem.




It's already afternoon after I've taken the photos. I was planning to go home, but Osborn said that he has something on too and was about to leave, so he could send me back, and made me wait for him a little. 


Just when I walked to the entrance, I suddenly saw a slender man, wearing a cap, and the figure looked rather familiar.


You: I feel like I've seen him somewhere...


Just when I squinted my eyes to have a clearer look, a sound suddenly came from the bushes by my leg.


??: Meow!


You: !


I took a step backwards, there's a white kitten raising its head and staring at me with its round eyes. As soon as it noticed that I have lowered my head, it immediately circled around my leg.


You: So it's you little thing, you scared me earlier.


Squatting down, I've picked a bristlegrass to play with it. The kitten excitedly stood on its legs as it waves its two little front paws. Surprised, I noticed that there are some deep wounds on its claws that are still bleeding. On the next second, it suddenly screamed, held onto my fingertips and gave it a bite, and quickly escaped into the bushes.


You: Ah!


A tiny bead of blood came out from my fingertip, I quickly took out some tissue from my bad to cover the wound.


You: Thankfully I've taken a vaccine in the past...


My heart beat a few times in discomfort, unsure why the kitten had a sudden change in attitude. Just then, a hoarse panting sound appeared from the bushes that the kitten has escaped into!


A shadow suddenly appeared, where a pair of legs from a man appeared.


You: !!



I raised my head, and it's actually the man just now! He looked very pale, with his messy hair blocking his face. I finally remembered where I've seen him -- in the studio back then, the security that came out from Lin Yao's lounge that even crashed into the set!


But why is he here? With an unknown fear gushed to my heart, I wanted to turn around and run away, but the man quickly reached an arm over and pounced over me!


You: Hel--


Before I can even scream for help, he immediately choked on my throat. I can only keep struggling, but it didn't help, and my vision is gradually blurring.


The man greedily leaned towards my neck as if he's looking at some fresh food.


Man: I can finally... live on...


In a split second, I remembered the rumor An An told me, it's the "vampire assault" incident!


My heart immediately felt cold, and my breathing turned more and more difficult that I am almost losing strength to even struggle... ... No, I can't give up struggling just like this!


However the fearful pain didn't arrive. After a painful cry, the person let go of me, and the suffocating feeling have also disappeared. I fell into a pair of warm arms.



As soon as I opened my eyes, my vision is taken over by an clear blue flames that I have never seen in my life.


Osborn held me with him, with his gaze focused on the figure escaping in a hurry, a blue flame is now dancing in his palms.


Osborn: Are you okay?


I widened my eyes in disbelief, thinking that whatever happened was just a daydream that I had. But no matter if it were the lingering pain remaining on my neck or the weird scene that happened before my eyes, they are all telling me clearly that it is not a dream.


You: Blue... flames?


Osborn's gaze suddenly moved, that even his level of surprise is not a bit lesser than mine. Right on the next moment, the blue flames disappeared from his palm.


Osborn: Are you injured?



You: I'm fine... Thank you.


I raised an arm to caress on my neck, still feeling the aftershock. 






Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.