Main Story Ch. 3-03 - The Seawaters and The Flames (海水与火焰) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/23/2021 08:11:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Previous Part Here...



The original plans for Lin Yao's try-on is suddenly delayed by her workshop at the very last minute. After being busy for the next few days, the weekend has already arrived this quickly. According to Evan's suggestion, I've chosen a property that isn't big, but is good in every other aspect. I've finally moved in smoothly.



After decorating my new home, it's just in time for sunset. Outside the windows, the setting sun lazily leans in the cloud-high high rise buildings, dyeing a beautiful purple-pink color to the entire GuangQi city, making it a part of the sunset glow.


I nested myself in the sofa as I enjoy the panoramic view of the sunset, enjoying the rare moment of peace.


"Ding Dong--"


The doorbell rang.


Delivery man: Good day, please sign for the flowers.


You: ?


*Phone buzzes*


It's a big bouquet of baby's breath from An An, she even attached a card to wish for a smooth relocation process for me.



An An: Have you received the flowers?


You: I received them, they look exceptionally beautiful~


An An: You're welcome, since it's like that, I have a tiny request~


You: Why do I have a bad feeling about this...


An An: Aiya, didn't I say that I wanted to interview my idol's race team? It's the team's trial day, and it's also coincidentally a Sunday, so I wanted to ask you to have a look with me. Please, please? My baby is the best!


You: ... Alright.


An An: Then I'll send you the approximate location, see you tomorrow at the training base!



Since the training base is in the suburbs, I woke up really early on the next day.


You: Turn left at #998 of Sunset Street, keep walking till the end... Then you can see the name of team Glitter Bullet... Ah, it's here.


The real racing base is more spectacular than I've seen in the TV. The endless, long and winding race tracks are like the body of a python, surrounding the cube-shaped staggered green lawn. The dark red canopy with the name of the team written on it stands in the center of the venue like an opened umbrella. Under the canopy is a closed glass door, with figures walking back and forth on the wall.



You: How spectacular...


As if I've entered a completely new world, everything in this race venue made me curious. The roaring race cars drove past one by one, the turbid heat waves, the deafening roars are so exciting that it'll make your heart race faster and faster. I walked towards the audience seat, and found a cooling place to have a seat.



What's going on in the venue right now is probably the training match, the sounds of the race cars are sometimes loud, and sometimes deep.



The race car that is on the first place is a red race car, the driving is stable yet quick and is still staying on the first place after multiple laps. I stared at the image of skull on the car, finding it rather familiar. I pulled out my phone and zoomed in my camera, and I could finally confirm that I wasn't seeing wrongly.


You: The image is the exactly the same as Osborn's pendant!



Could that be his car?? The thought flashed by my heart, and I subconsciously raised my phone and pressed the shutter. Suddenly, a sharp sound appeared from the waves of sound. A yellow race car that was tailing behind the red race car suddenly started accelerating, like a lion that just woke up, exuding an aura that is unstoppable.


*Vrooming Race Car Sounds*


It turned an arc in an astonishing speed, drove over the curve, rushing before the red race car! Just like a dazzling golden light, it made everything around it to lose their colors. In a blink of an eye, it pulled off a distance to all race cars behind it.


You: It's overtaken!


It's the final lap now, I can't help myself but to grip onto the railing, quietly cheering for the red race car. However, the yellow race car is still the first to dash into the finish line.


You: Still lost...


I sighed, and got even more curious about the person inside the yellow race car.


You: Osborn is so great, who is the one that took over him?


A tall figure walked out from the yellow race car, he took off the helmet, raising a hair and casually tidying his hair.


You: ... How can it be Osborn! So the red race car driver wasn't him?!


Just at this time, my phone suddenly vibrated.



An An: I want to tell you something very serious, please don't hit me! The draft this week has some problems, I had to quickly return to the magazine company.


You: I have already... arrived...


An An: I'm sorry, for letting you to go there for nothing.


You: It's alright, since I have nothing much to do today. Also I just saw their training match.


An An: Really? Did you take any pictures of my idol?! Can you send them to me?!


You: Of course. I've took a lot of photos--


But remembering the botch up just now, I suddenly quiet down. Not only I didn't take a photo of her idol, I took photos of someone else.


You: ... That, I'll take more photos and send to you in a go.


An An: You're the best! Okay I'll stop talking, the editor is coming for me, bye bye~


After hanging up, I fall into deep thoughts as I look into the bunch of red race cars. I wonder if there's another training match coming up later today, if there aren't any, how do I tell An An...?


??: Whose fangirl is this, why are you squatting here?


You: !


The sudden voice scared me, I quickly stood up, and my gaze immediately met with a pair of grinning eyes. Osborn has stood beside me since who-knows-when. Under the bright rays of the sun, he raised an elbow, hands in the pocket, and lazily leaned onto the railing.


Perhaps it was because I've been lowering my head for too long and stood up too quickly, I started to feel a little dizzy and staggered few steps backwards. Accompanied with a light chuckle, he grabbed onto my arm.



You: ...... Thank you.


Osborn: Are you secretly taking my photos? Why, the ones last time aren't enough?


He leaned over, his gaze falls onto the photo album on my phone's display, with a smile on his face that doesn't fade.


You (pouting): No way, I was only helping my friend to take some photos, she'll be using them for an interview.


Osborn: Oh? So what photos did you take?


You: Uh, that... I randomly snapped a few, like your race car, and uh... the red racecar... I've took them...


Osborn: Really? Then what do you think about my driving skills?


You: It's really great, you actually took over to be the first place at the last moment. The final lap was fast and steady, the moment when you take over was so dazzling--



Osborn: Then why did you only take the photo of the second place?


I'm shocked. I just realized that he already saw my phone's screen. Osborn casually held his arms, waiting for my respond as he's putting an expression that seemed like he's waiting for a show to begin. I can only look away in embarrassment and mutter.


You: Because it started off as the first place, so I thought... Also, the skull on the race car looks the same as your necklace, so I...


Osborn stunned, and suddenly laughed.



Osborn: That's the painting for the last season. I didn't expect you to observe me in such detailed manner.


The tone that is heightening is definitely bringing a teasing tone. My face heated up, and I immediately denied it.



You (blushing): It's an occupational habit of mine that made me focused on patterns and imagery! Who told you to start off so slow...


With a funny expression, Osborn grinned and leaned forward.



Osborn: Did you know that you aren't supposed to say the word 'slow' to a racer?


You: ......


I shook my head subconsciously, and quickly nodded my head after Osborn leaned a little more closer.


Osborn: You're really easily scared.


He walked backwards a little, and casually placed his hands into his pocket again, and smiling even more now.


Osborn: Let's go.


You: ... Where to?


Osborn: Didn't you want to take photos? I'll lead the way.



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.