Main Story Ch. 3-19 (LIGHT END) - The Seawaters and The Flames (海水与火焰) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/31/2021 06:41:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Previously on 3-16... (Read it here, Or read the NIGHT END HERE)


Osborn: That's because you have yet to realize how dangerous I am. 


He suddenly leaned a little closer, opened my palm, placed a bunch sweet on it, turned around and suavely walked away.


Osborn: They are all yours.


I look at his figure gradually drifting away, and held onto the lemon-flavored sweets in my palms tightly.




After sending the manager into the car, I turned back to look into the evening sky, and suddenly remembered the blue flames that have gently surrounding me outside the training field. Just leaving Osborn alone like this, is it really alright to do so?



Wen Wan: Let's go!


After hesitating for a moment, I closed the car door.


You: Please send her back first, I wanted to stay here to wait for Osborn.



Wen Wan: But Big Bro Xiao made me to send you back...


You: I'm just waiting for him a little, I'm not doing anything dangerous.


After Wen Wan left, I returned to the shop's entrance, waiting by Osborn's bike. On the top floor of the abandoned building lies a thrilling battle. 



A man in black is holding a cold machine gun as blue flames continuously appear from Osborn's palms, where the bullets disappear as soon as they reached the flames. Suddenly, the man in black was struck by the blue flame and flew a few meters backwards, with his gun now fell onto the floor.


Osborn took the opportunity to kick the gun away, and gazed at the opponent from above.


Man in Black: ... ?!


The man in black crouched his body, looking hideous, with a flash of scarlet flashing from his eyes.


Osborn: Did you guys capture this guy back then?


Osborn looked towards a side, the man just now is leaning against the rails on the rooftop, looking like he's about to fall down.


Osborn: Who sent you here?


Man in Black: I advise you to stop meddling into others' business.


Osborn squinted as he measures the man in black, full of thoughts.



Osborn: What kind of scheme are the Strains onto?


Realizing that single flash of astonishment from the black man, he sharply turned over, but realized that the rails have now turned empty, only a cloud of smoke slowly rising.


Osborn no longer put on a calm expression, and immediately dashed towards the side of the rails. 


In the shadows of building from afar stands a single person. He quietly witnessed everything, and turned around for his leave.



The sun has already set, and groups of dragonflies flew by my side. Looks like it's going to be a stormy night.


"Bang bang--!!"


A sudden sound could be heard from the top of the shop, and made me quiver.


You: It's... gunshot?!


I hurriedly looked into the distance, as expected, there are smoke coming out from the rooftop.


You: Is Osborn there?


My actions have acted faster than my thoughts, I immediately pushed the entrance of the escape room, wanting to look for the passage to the rooftop. A tall figure walked out from the depths of the darkness.


You: Osborn!


Seeing him being safe, the heavy feelings in my heart has finally been lifted, and I immediately ran towards him.


The moment he looked up and saw me, he frowned a little.



Osborn: Didn't I let you to go back?


You: I wanted to wait for you. Are you alright? I heard gunshots earlier, and I saw smoke too, looks like there was fire?


I examined Osborn in detail, noticing that there are a few burnt openings on his sleeves, and quickly held onto his hand.


You: Quick, let me have a look!


Luckily, it's only the sleeve opening that is charred, Osborn's hands are not injured. I let out a breath in relief. Osborn gently patted the back of my head, and did not say a single word.



Only then, I noticed that he's holding onto something else on the other hand -- it's a contract of termination agreement, and a orange paper butterfly. The edge of the butterfly seemed to have been burned by fire, despite looking tattered, it's still trying its best to retain its original shape.


You: ... Is it from that person?


Osborn: Yeah.


You: Then where is he?


Osborn's eyes gazed into somewhere distant, putting on a rare look of hesitation.


Osborn: ... Disappeared.



Osborn: Disappeared? Did he escape, or?


I took the paper butterfly over, and right then, feelings of extreme sadness and regret almost drowned me. The overly strong emotions made me top questioning, and remembering the expression of Osborn just now, my heart now feel even more at a loss.


What's with the sound of gunshot just now? Where did the man go? The hell that made them into blood-sucking beasts, where exactly is that?


I could faintly feel that the cloud of questions is surrounded by mists, and we are already involved into it from a long time ago.


Osborn: I know what you're thinking.


I turned over, and looked at Osborn.



Osborn: If you're acting like this, you'll make me really regret for bringing you here.


You: No, this is my own choice. It's just that there are too much that happened today that made me confused. I knew that this incident might not have an end yet, so I wanted to find out the truth behind it instinctively. However, life goes on... I will not let the unknown and fear to disturb my life, and affect my mood. Don't worry. In my eyes, you're only the racer Osborn!


I smiled hard towards Osborn, and on the next second, he smiled too.



Osborn: You said that.


You: Yeah, I said that.


Osborn: Alright, I'll monitor.


Suddenly, the sounds of thunders from afar could be heard. Before I could return to my senses, the raindrops have already started to fall along with the crackling sounds. 


Osborn raised an arm, opening his jacket and covered the top of my head.


Osborn: What are you spacing out for? It's already raining.



He pulled my wrist, and dragged me onto the bike, driving into the rain. The dense raindrops passed through his jacket and fell onto my body, bring some coolness.


You: Osborn, thank you!



Osborn: Do you plan to dismiss me by merely saying a 'thank you'?


You: Then... What do you want me to do?


Osborn: Next Sunday, come and watch me compete.


Osborn: Sure! Will you get the first place?


Osborn burst out in a laughter, then aggressively turned the throttle.


Osborn: How about giving it a try?


You: Ah---!



Also, read the NIGHT END Here...

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.