[Light and Night Event] Charlie's Birthday Event Part 1: Pre-Quest Story || 光与夜之恋 活动02 沐野拾趣・觅境之旅:前置剧情

7/24/2021 03:27:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Be sure to check footnotes!







It's finally my first long holiday after working for half a year.





You: It's such a rare occasion to feel so light, but I still feel a little bored. It feels like there's a bit of something that's missing...


Just when I was trying to refresh the status updates on "Liaison with Truth*"  for the 724th** time, a message just nicely brightened my phone display.


*T/N: Liaison with Truth is the term I came up with, it's a feature for Warson's employees to stay connected in SNS where they can post status updates, ask and answer various things anonymously. I chose 'Liaison' because it has the meaning of communication or cooperation, and coincidentally it ends with 'son' of 'Warson'. The original term is a word play of 真情实感 (Zhen Qing Shi Gan, a.k.a. Truest Feelings), but replacing '真' with '甄' of 万甄 (Wan Zhen, a.k.a. Warson). I really love how creative this game gets! (The feature is in your phone, under second tab of 'Secrets' (树洞时刻).

** (724) 24 July is a subtle hint that this is for Charlie's birthday.




You: What kind of situation is this? Did something really happen to Charlie?!


As I was just halfway typing my words of concern, I was interrupted by the joyful-sounding ringtone.




You: Charlie, the photo just now was...


Charlie: I'm injured. Since I'm unable to work normally, so I've took a week off.


You: How did you get injured? What happened?


Charlie: It's a scratch. I changed the motherboard for the office PC, and was scratched by the computer casing.


You: So it was like that, I thought...


Charlie: I guess you're probably crying right now. My fiancée, have you finally started to worry about me?


You: I didn't! I was just...


Charlie: I know a mature man shouldn't allow his fiancée to worry, but my condition right now is pretty serious. My index finger has a wound with 3cm of length, part of the wound are even subcutaneous*. Luckily the bleeding stopped within 10 minutes, currently there are no anomalies in movements nor any presence of paresthesia**.


*T/N: Paresthesia: An abnormal burning or prickling sensation that are usually felt in the limbs or other parts of body. Usually painless, usually described as 'pins and needles'. 


You: Well then, Dr. Zha shall rest well at home, I shall not interrupt further.


Charlie: Wait, don't hang up first. My attending physician said, the patient's recovery is inseparable from their family's company and support.


You: Then should I call your cousin*?


*T/N: Charlie has a female cousin. The term in Chinese is 堂姐, which means the cousin is a daughter of a brother of his father (could be younger or older brother). She's elder than Charlie and MC met her once in Charlie's side story.


Charlie: No no no! You didn't know, but she is already busy in trivial matters that she has no time to care about me. My attending physician also said, if there are no family members, even fiancée would work.


You: Are you sure that this was what he originally said? He didn't say anything else?


Charlie: "It's the best to go out with your fiancée to relax two days later, that only you can completely stabilize the lesion and improve your condition." My body, it's definitely something important to our future marriage life.


You: You-- Is this a threat to me?


Charlie: Of course not, I was merely expressing how important I see this. I hope you can take this seriously too. So, you'll decide the place. That's a deal, see you in two days.


After hanging up, I took a deep breath, feeling like a ring game's doll that is trapped in a ring.


You: Who was the one saying holidays are boring just now? Now there's something to be busy about. But, since he allowed me to decide the destination--


My gaze glanced past a colorful flyer on the table -- "Fun Suburban Rural Tour",  "Beautiful scenery, various activities available", "Full of good scenery of the rural village" appeared.




You (grinning): Charlie... probably wouldn't reject this, right?


-------------------------------------------


After this you'll need to complete daily quests to unlock the full itinerary of the event story!









Event Stories:

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.