Main Story Ch. 1-19 - LIGHT END The Turning Point of Fate (命运的拐点) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/16/2021 11:36:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-






Read Previous Chapter HERE or Read NIGHT END HERE








 After returning to the backstage, everyone were discussing about the celebration reception later.


You: You guys can go first, I'll head over after packing things up.


Gao Cheng nodded, and left with W Yue and the others. I walked towards the preparation room alone. Comparing to the liveliness during the competition, it is now a lot quieter.


The lights in the room weren't on, with only the dim moonlight being separated by the window, shining onto the floor. As I wanted to switch on the switch, a strong force dragged me towards the side of the wall. In the darkness, a tall and well-built figure blocked in front of me. The man's scorching breath approaches closer, falling onto my face.


??: Shh. I won't harm you.


This voice, and the familiar scent...


You: Osborn?!


The man's body stiffened a little, and walked a little backwards, the moonlight now falls from his back, brightening the gap of darkness between us.


A flash of surprise flashed before his eyes, but very quickly returned to normal.


Osborn: You again.


You: Why are you here?


Osborn: I'm lost.


You: ... Lost?


This sounds even more unconvincing than looking for missing items from the rooftop.


Osborn: Why, don't believe in me again?


You: Of course I wouldn't, you are obviously hiding from something--


A bloody smell entered my nose.



Only with the aid of the moonlight that I could realize, he is leaning lazily against the wall, losing the might he had on the rooftop. A hand is taking the earphones off from his ear, another hand supporting on the floor, with a small stain of blood near his purlicue*.


*T/N: Space between your thumb and index finger.


You: You're injured?


He did not answer me, only placing his hand into his pocket.


You: Don't you want to at least bandage it?


Osborn: No need.


You: ......


Weird person, weird appearance, and a weird wound. Anything about Osborn has always been difficult for me to comprehend, but even so--


You: Allow me to at least help you deal with it.


I walked towards the operation table, and looked into the cabinets for quite some time, but I couldn't find anything for bandaging. There's no choice...


I could only find a dress, carefully taking down the scarf that was pinned at the collar, then took out some clean makeup cotton.


You: First clean the wounds, then bandage it with this.


Osborn did not reach his arm out, only tilting his head and raising an eyebrow.


Osborn: Your work?


You: Yeah, why?



Osborn: It looks pretty good, it'd be a pity to use it as a bandage.


You: Whether it's a pity or not is up to me, why are you still in the mood to care so much? It has already shown its value on the stage, comparing to being kept in the closet by me, it might actually better to be like this.


Osborn stunned a little. Seeing him not uttering a single word, I grabbed his right hand and started bandaging.


Osborn: You're turning brave all of a sudden. Aren't you afraid of me anymore?


You: I wasn't afraid of you from the beginning, I only mistook you as a thief last time.


Osborn: Weren't you scared so much that you were completely frozen?



You (pouting): You popped out out of nowhere, anyone would've been scared alright!


A light chuckle came from above, even the hand that was held by mine too, trembled a little.


You: Is it very funny? Stop laughing.


I angrily tied a knot, raised my head, and looked right into his eyes. Those eyes that have always looked rebellious, are now filled with gentle smiles like the moonlight.


Osborn: It's done?


You: Yeah.


Osborn raised his arm, looked at the bandage of my 'creation', and nodded in satisfaction. But right on the next second, his eyes suddenly looked fierce. He leaned down, placing an index finger to the side of my lips, hinting me not to make a noise.


I subconsciously held my breath, the heat gradually spreading upwards from my lips, even the tip of my ears are heating up.


"Thud, thud, thud." The footsteps near the door are closing up to us.


??: Where did the guy escaped to? The bracelet was only around here!


??: Don't sprout nonsense, we need to find him even if we had to dig deep into the grounds.


Bracelet, is it the one that I've seen on the rooftop?


I remembered that Osborn said he lost it, but why does it sound like there are many people that are looking for it?


As my brain tries to calmly analyze, but my body that was leaning against the door is subconsciously trembling. An arm suddenly pulled me over. I raised my head in panic, but could only feel something cold being stuffed into my mouth.


Lemon candy?


Osborn: Have a candy, don't be nervous.


The cool, yet sour-sweet taste spreads in my mouth, my mood too have relaxed a little. Unsure how long it has passed, but the footsteps near the door has finally gotten further and further, until they disappear completely.


This sudden danger that came from nowhere, has reached an abrupt end.



You: ... They're gone.


Osborn: I know.


You (blushing): Then you can let go of me.


Osborn: Oh? What happens I don't let go?



Osborn's face suddenly came closer, his smirking eyes are gradually getting bigger in my view. He only let me go after I tried struggling with a flustered face.


Osborn: Alright, I gotta go too.


You: Remember to manage your wound well after returning, I was only simply bandaged it just now.


Osborn: Do you always show so much care to bad people?


You: Which bad guy on earth would address themselves as one?


Osborn: Why not, I am that bad guy.


Osborn opened a small crack from the door, and the lights from the hallway shines in.


*Glass shattering noises*



Cold winds suddenly entered the room accompanied by the sounds of shattered glass. I was so scared I held my shoulders, but was dragged into a firm embrace. The lights suddenly turned very dim, but my ears have been occupied by Osborn's heartbeat before I can even to understand what's going on my surroundings. A calm yet powerful rhythm has filtered the sounds of danger away.


Osborn: Tsk. Making such a huge fuss.


There are sounds of footsteps and shouting by many people from the window.


??: Found it! It's right there!


It's the people that were chasing Osborn, they actually smashed the window into pieces?!


Osborn let go of me, and walked directly towards the side of the window.


You: Are you going out?! Aren't the people out there chasing you?


Osborn: Don't ask about things that you aren't supposed to know. But thank you, for the things earlier.


He leaped out from the windowsill, and dashed right into the darkness far away. As I walked to the window, I could not see a figure anymore, only a small lemon candy lying on the windowsill.



Read NIGHT END HERE

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.