Main Story Ch. 1-16 - The Turning Point of Fate (命运的拐点) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/14/2021 07:24:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Read Previous Chapter Here 



I've failed, at the place where I was only one step away from the first place.



During the dreadfully long curtain call time, I suddenly feel shrouded in an unknown heavy feeling, that is an unclear feeling of unwilling and faint doubts.


I did not even know how I got off the stage. Sariel's words continue to replay in my mind, he said that I threw away the nature of a designer... what does that even mean?



The participants walked in front of me felt a relief, yet I am here, feeling more troubled as I think further, walking towards a quiet place alone.



The night scenes at the end of the corridor seemed quiet and mysterious. The white moonlight shines on the flowers and leaves, the night breeze sending the faint scent of the flowers. I lowered my head to look at the bonsai by my foot, that is a Princess of the night* that has yet to bloom fully. A couple of the flower buds are hiding under the full leaves, lightly brushing my ankle.




*T/N: The plant is scientifically named Epiphyllum Exypetalum, or commonly known as Princess of the night, Queen of the night, or Dutchman's pipe cactus. This species of cactus only blooms at night, very rarely. 


Like a tiny pet that is rubbing against its owner intimately, trying to express comfort. Despite understanding that this is just a misconception from the night breezes, I still felt some warmth.


You: Thank you...


Just then, a rustling noise came from the direction of the glass door. Under the moonlight, a slender figure walked towards here slowly.



The crisp white suit, cold eyebrows.


You: Sariel...


He looked a little surprised too, but very quickly hid the emotions away. Sariel did not say anything, only looking past me to the plants in the garden. The faint moonlight are reflecting the moonlight, like a transparent Liuli glass. Different from his coldness on the stage, the Sariel at this moment surprisingly looks a little more gentle.


But as soon as this word pops out in my head, I immediately remembered his cold comment earlier.



Sariel: You did not even remember the meaning of the theme.


As my mind gets into a mess, I have missed the chance to question him. Perhaps, this is the chance that fate is giving me.


You: Mr. Sa.... Mr. Sariel!


Sariel quietly looked over, his eyes still has no emotions, only showing a frown between his brows.


You: I'm Y/N, a designer participated in the competition this round.


Sariel: I know.


You: Actually, I really like your works, and have been putting you as my goal.


Sariel: So?


You: So...



[Choice]

Light: Explain your design idea. 

Night: Look at his expressions, then choose to be silent.



[Light Choice: Explain your design idea.]

You: So I would like to understand why you think I did not understand the theme, and I wish to explain my design ideas to you.


I thought I'd be rejected by him, but Sariel did not cut me off, nor leaving, and only staring at me peacefully. Does this mean he has allowed it?


I gathered my courage and started explaining.


You: I chose the lace with 80 twists, not just because it can support the model that I want. It's also because it can represent the tough spirits of designers. As for the roses... the reason why I picked it, is that the flowers have witnessed my purest original intents to be a designer. I don't know how others understood the word 'Designer', but I think... There is no standard answer in this theme, so there isn't anything that was off topic.


After listening to me, the corner of Sariel's lips have curved into a mocking smile.


Sariel: So you think that your problem lies in your thoughts and ideology, that you have to explain this to me so desperately?


You: ... Is that not it?


Sariel (sarcastic): Your capability in understanding is truly amazing. Perhaps the black lace of 80 twists could present the toughness you want, but as a top hat, this type of fabric is the most unsuitable one. Discarding the elegance, not showing its puffiness completely, and most importantly, it is uncomfortable. You have better ways to decipher 'Roses', and not just simply adding this discordant element onto your works. 


[Night Choice: Look at his expressions, then choose to be silent.]


As soon as I met Sariel's gaze, I became quiet. The gaze is telling me directly without hiding anything, that no matter how I explain to him, it'll all be in vain.


Sariel: Are you thinking that if I gave you a chance to explain, I'll eventually understand what you wanted to convey?


I nodded, I looked at him in surprise. The corner of Sariel's lips immediately curved up into a mocking smirk.





Sariel: The organizer has provided up to a hundred materials. You obviously had a better choice, but in the end you used the 80-twist dense lace that is the most unsuitable


You: Because I wanted to present the toughness of 'designer', so I've used the 80-twist...


Sariel: You're only creating for the idea. Whether it's the dense lace or the roses that are so discordant that it made people speechless, all you were thinking were just your so-called 'design idea', not even placing any thoughts in the suitability of your crafting methods. 






Sariel: Only the mediocre people will wish to be recognized through explanation. Everyone feels what you wish to convey through your works, but for your work... let's just call it mere work. I do not understand why your personal emotions needed to be this strong, that made the hat to lose its original purpose.


Unlike the arrogance and coldness on stage, when it comes to design, his tone is abnormally serious.



Sariel: The most important thing for a designer is to know what they are designing for. You are not yet qualified to become an outstanding designer. Rather than dreaming all day to think about how to fly higher, learn to walk correctly first.


His words are like a bullet, shot right into my heart. I froze as I looked at him, unable to utter a single word. He's right, I've always been working based on ideas. Because I kept wanting to express my ideas, I have forgotten the core item. I bowed to Sariel seriously.


You: I understand now, I will work hard to correct it, thank you.


Sariel: ... Whatever you plan to do does not concern me.


He then seemed to became the arrogant person on stage that is away from the world, rather than the person that was seriously discussing about design with me just now. Looking at his figure that goes further away, my heart is mixed with various complicated emotions. It's like a question that has been quietly troubling me from the back that has receive its answer through this unpleasant conversation.




Read the next chapter HERE


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.