[Light and Night Event] Fun in the Wild - Prologue | Charlie's Birthday Event Part 1 || 光与夜之恋 活动02 沐野拾趣・序章

7/24/2021 05:03:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read the Pre-Quest Story Here





Early at 6am, the assembly line for the fun tour has already begun at the cramped bus station heading towards the rural area. I bypassed the crowd and queued at the end of the line, looking for Charlie's figure.



You: Weird, he usually is never late, what's wrong with him today?


It's only one minute away from the departure time--


Could Charlie be actually ditching me because he was scared of the title "Joyful Rural Farm Tour for Spiritual Healing"? 


Just when I was about to contact him via my phone, a clear voice from a child can be heard from the front of the queue.


Boy: Look! The big bus is here!


You: Why is it driving so fast?!


I walked out of the queue and was about to look for the tour guide in the bus to explain the situation, but the scene happening before my eyes... I can't help myself but to pause my steps--



Charlie: Attention to all our friends that are participating Guangqi City's Joyful Farm Tour, please queue as you board the bus, and don't squeeze each other. I repeat, attention to all our friends that are participating Guangqi City's Joyful Farm Tour, please queue as you board the bus, and don't squeeze each other.


The bus stopped right in front of the bus station, and the man sitting right on the driver's seat, is no other than the Charlie I was looking hard for. With an arm supporting the windowsill, looking a little lazy as he leans towards the seat, everything seemed as perfect as the jewels that have been cultivated by the endless layers of rock formation-- Of course, except the one mismatched yellow duck-patterned band-aid on his left index finger.


You: I really have never thought of such way of appearance...


The windows slowly lowers, the high-spirited expressions from Charlie is now completely showing before my eyes.



Charlie: Sorry that I've kept you waiting so long, my fiancée. C'mon, hop in. I've saved the passenger seat for you in this round too.


Middle-aged woman: Young man, you still have a fiancée?! 


A middle-aged woman tagging along the tour exclaimed, suddenly starting a commotion among the elderly in the tour group.


You: I-- That-- I'm not...


Before I can even finish my sentence, a few kind and enthusiastic uncles and aunties* have surrounded to the bus entrance, excitedly talking to me.


*T/N: Not biologically related but this is basically how Asians address people, even strangers.


Uncle: Young lady, young men as enthusiastic as your husband is already rare now!


Auntie: Just now the driver called and said he had a food poisoning, the bus was parked 2km away and couldn't be drove here. We panicked so much that we didn't know what to do, but who would've thought that your husband didn't even say anything further and headed off to help out right away.


Right next, an wave of "that's right" has sounded across the entire vehicle, all in agreement.


You: Uncle, auntie, you're mistaken, we aren't in that relationship.


As soon as she heard what I said, the auntie's tone became serious and heartfelt.


Auntie: You young people always think that you're young and keep delaying your marriage. This young lad that looks talented, practical and capable, people like him are hard to come by.



Charlie: Auntie, what you said is indeed making sense.


Charlie's voice suddenly descended, piercing through the crowd that are whispering among themselves. 


The crowd made a path automatically, and Charlie's tall figure is standing right the dark compartment, looking extraordinarily conspicuous. He leisurely walked before the aunties and uncles, putting on a perfect smile.



Charlie: Auntie, honestly speaking, I couldn't understand too. Why is she repeatedly rejecting me despite facing a man as excellent as I am? But marriage is a matter between two person, and right now my love to her is merely one-sided. So, she has the rights to have her freedom of choice.


Charlie looked over inadvertently, looking past the crowd, and sneakily threw a sly gaze to me.


Charlie: I believe that at least on this point, this lady and I have already achieved mutual understanding.


You: That's true...


Charlie: However, the way we address each other or the relationship status will not affect the relationship between us. For this aspect itself, I am very confident.


The aunties and uncles were shocked by his statement, and kept complimenting him.


Uncle: Younger people are indeed different, they have their own ideas.


As soon as he finished talking, the uncles and aunties all left under the discussion sounds of "That's right" and "Excellent and confident".


There's only Charlie and I left near the bus entrance. As the crowd left, Charlie naturally drooped the smiling lip corner of his.



Charlie: It's done, let's go.


When I returned to my senses and was just about to step into the bus. Suddenly, a very important matter flashed before my mind.


You: Wait!


Charlie's fancy back view suddenly trembled in shock upon my sudden sound.


Charlie: What's wrong?!


You: Charlie, this is a bus!


Charlie: So?


You: Do you have A1 driver's license?


As soon as he heard it, he smiled as he shook his head, as if he's sighing helplessly.



Charlie: I thought it's something big, so it was only a matter of the drivers' license. Drivers License A B C D E F, I have every single certificate, except for one marriage--


I could smell something familiar, and immediately cut him off.


You: Stop, that's enough. How did you think of taking so much licenses?


Charlie: I've said it earlier, as long as it's kind of useless but interesting, I will have some form of understanding about it. Alright, hurry up and board the bus.


Charlie stood on the staircase, leaned over and reached an arm to me.


You: I've only heard of Prince Charming, but I've never heard of Prince Bus.


I placed my hand over his slender fingers, and he lightly held onto my wrist.



Charlie: It's alright, since you've now witnessed it with your own eyes. Let's go, my Bus Princess.


I stepped onto the staircase, and told myself in the heart -- Summer, is finally starting.



Read Event Part 01 Here...




Event Stories:

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.