Main Story Ch. 2-24 (LIGHT END) - The Time in Between (时间针脚) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/20/2021 03:50:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

To read the Night End, click here



From previous part... (read here)


I tried looking around, but there was no trace of him. If it weren't for the collapse setups, I would think that I was seeing things on my own.


You: Oh no! The setting!



A few staff quickly ran over, and everyone gasped as soon as they see the mess in front of them.


You: I'm sorry!


Staff A: It's alright, it wasn't your fault.


Staff B: Right, if we want to blame it on someone we had to blame it on the person that ruined this and ran away. This is too unethical!


Staff A: Let's not talk about this, this fresh flower set is needed for Lin Yao's shoot tomorrow, let's distribute our tasks and tidy up quickly.


It's for Lin Yao...


I kept wanting to do something for her. 


I grabbed onto the paper bag in my arms, and volunteered to stay behind to help everyone out. As the night colors deepen, the task on everyone's hands are closing to an end. A colleague let out a big yawn, and the sounds of contagious yawning could be heard from everyone.


It appears that everyone has been busy for many nights for this shooting, so they should all be exhausted by now.


You: There are only these fresh flower left to be processed. I'll do it, you guys can go back and rest.


Staff A: That's too kind of you.


You: It's ok, aren't you all going to rush here for the shoot tomorrow? Hurry up and go back to have some sleep. 


Staff B: Then we'll be leaving first, thank you so much, the meal is on me next time!


The top light that is far from me is a little dim, making my shadow to look thin and long. I'm now the only person left in the wide venue.


I picked up two orange sunflowers, and the image of the paper butterfly flashed before my eyes. I can't help but to sigh.


??: Do you plan to waste time spacing out?


You: !


I shivered in shock. I accidentally touched a prop vase, that it swing for a few circles and almost fell down. Without thinking further, I quickly held onto it.


At the same time, Sariel too, have reached an arm out.



The moment I touched his hand, a tingling sense of coldness wrapped around my fingers, reminding me of a deep pond lying deep in the vast snowfield.


You: I'm sorry!


Sariel quietly looked at his hand that is still on the vase, though there were no expression shown, only the tip of his ear is slightly tinted with redness.


You: Thank you for helping me to hold onto the vase.


I carefully examined his expression, and placed the vase properly onto the floor. I thought Sariel will be mocking me again, but he only opened his mouth, as if there's already words that have reached his lips, but only to get swallowed back.


I let out a breath in relief, but I was puzzled. Why is Sariel here?


You: Director Qi, it's already this late, aren't you going back?


Sariel stayed silent for a few seconds, and turned his gaze forward.



Sairel: Yeah, I just happened to walk past this place.


You: Walking past? But this place and the underground car park in Warson are two different directions.


Sariel frowned, looking a little awkward.


Sariel: You are the most busybody person I've ever met. Do you plan to carry everything to yourself as long as you happen to see something going on?


You (pouting): I am not this boring alright, I was only tidying these flowers because--



Sariel: Because of?


You: It's difficult to explain clearly in such a short time, but I have my own thoughts.



Sariel: ... Do as you wish.


Although he's been saying that, but he didn't show a sign of leaving. He doesn't seem to be supervising the work here, is he only here to mock me?



Sariel: What are you dilly dallying for? Quickly finish it.


You: Ah? Oh...


Just like that, I started to work under Sariel's instructions.


Sariel: Put that up a little higher. Mm.


Sariel: Change that into something of a darker color. Are you planning to play a match-3 game by picking three of the same light-colored flowers? 


Sariel: Make the one on the left side 1cm lower. Did anyone told you before, that the folds you made looks like the papers that are about to be shredded?


I frantically made adjustments based on Sariel's feedback. But it's also because of his presence, my productivity has improved significantly.


You: Thank you Director Qi.



Sariel: I wasn't--


You: I know you wasn't thinking of helping me, but still, thank you very much!


I quickly slotted in a line and smiled at him. Sariel stunned a little. The moonlight quietly falls onto the side of his lips, making his expressions to look a little gentle.


Sariel: What else are still not done?


You: No more.


Sariel: Then good, there's something I wanted to ask you.


He rubbed his hands, keeping a handkerchief away, and suddenly looked serious.


You: Go ahead.


Sariel: When you were in the alley...


So it's because of this. I quickly raised my arms, and made a zipping gesture to my lips.


You: Didn't I say it, I didn't see a thing, and I definitely won't spread it around!



Sariel: I wasn't even doing anything from the beginning.


Sariel frowned, and stared at me quietly for a while. Then, a mocking smirk appeared from his lips.



Sariel: Forget it, no matter how I look at it, it can't be you.


You: What?


I didn't understand, but Sariel turned around as if he was relieved, and took a big step forward.


You: Director, what are you saying?


I held onto the dress, and chased behind the figure that has long left.



Sariel: Don't be nosy.


You: But weren't you being nosy about me?



Sariel: .....


The night breeze blows over the blue ribbons on the display board like the gentle blue waves in the morning. The white morning glories swayed along the winds, quietly blooming.


[Dark Alley]



In an alley not far away, the streetlights that exudes a pale white light suddenly got extinguished. A figure frantically lowered his hat fell into the alley, frightening the birds resting on the trees. His steps never stopped, and instead he quickly scurried into the darkness.


Stepping onto the mottled moonlight, the man that was chasing behind him picked up an orange butterfly among the fallen leaves. The air had a faint smell of blood. The blue flames brightened his sharp eyes.



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.