[Light and Night Event] Fun in the Wild - Episode 01 | Charlie's Birthday Event Part 1 || 光与夜之恋 活动02 沐野拾趣・剧情01

7/24/2021 07:31:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read the Event Prologue Here



We checked in to the farm tour that night. The boss lady enthusiastically toured us around the house, and letting us to know that anything in this house are free to use. When I walked past the storage rack in the kitchen, I could immediately glance a pack of light-brown item.



You: Could this be--


Looking at the fresh colors of the light brown packet, I have an idea in my heart.



On the next day, the dawn is just breaking, and I stepped onto the misty morning rays as I head to the kitchen. Finding the long packet dried mushrooms --  After-Rain Mushroom, a local specialty. If we were to fry it with rendered oil it'd be absolutely fragrant, that it'd be suitable to make soup noodles.


You: I've decided! Today's sunny breakfast will be you!


Without further ado, I started to get busy -- soaking salt water, peeling the outer layer, removing impurities, oiling the wok and started stir-frying as I adjust the flavors, the fragrant oil is now lingering with the refreshing scent of the mushrooms, rendering into the unique scent of the mushroom oil.


Holding onto a small bowl of mushroom oil, I was about to cook some thin noodles to feast on them. A quiet sound sounded from outside the door--


You: Who is it?!


*Click Clack*


The door was suddenly pulled open. Charlie stepped into the rays of the rising sun, his natural and unrestrained aura now spreads around the air in the kitchen.


Charlie picked up the apron, the sunlight ripped between the strands of his hair.


Charlie: Sorry for keeping you waiting, my fiancée. 


The confident smile, along with the chick image in his chest have have interestingly opposing each other, as if the apron is a custom-made haute couture for him.


Charlie: It's just to make longevity noodles* for me, what's there to be so secretive about?


*T/N: In a traditional practice among the Chinese, people eat longevity noodles on their birthdays as a custom, like a form of celebration and good wish for a good health and long life.


You: What do you mean by making longevity noodles for you? I was just...


Wait a second. I stunned, and realized the situation is seemingly bad--



You: Longevity noodles? It can't be your birthday today... right?



Charlie: Don't need to act anymore, fiancée. You already knew my birthday long ago, right? he fact triumphs over all languages. You quietly sneaked into the kitchen, getting busy here and there, if it weren't to prepare for my birthday, I really can't find a second reason for this.


Charlie reached out an arm to smooth the corner of my lips that have stiffened. 


Charlie: Did I guess it right? I knew it. Such surprised look from you can't deceive anyone.


Looking at the overflowing enthusiasm from Charlie, I suddenly feel unwilling to cut him off -- since I didn't know about it, might as well as making use of this mistake and try my best to make up for it. I took the ladle from Charlie's hand, and blocked right in front of the pot.


You: Let me do it! If you're helping, then my blessing will be incomplete.


Charlie's eyes started to sparkle, as if he has received a confirmation on something.



Charlie: I didn't guess wrongly indeed. Fiancée, you've finally started to care about me.


As I am cooking the noodles, I could constantly feel a passionate gaze from behind.


You: Charlie, if you stare at me like this, you'll make me really nervous.



Charlie: I'm admiring you.


You: I- What's there to admire about me--


I flustered and immediately turned over to hide my embarrassment. But I moved too hard that I bumped the tray on the table, that the condiment bottles are starting to shake as if they are going to topple.


You: I'm done for--



Charlie rushed over to bend and catch them, that the two bottles were barely rescued.


Charlie: Focus a bit more.


I lowered my head, looking at the two shadows on the tray that were so close to each other as if they were in an embrace, that it felt so unreal.



Charlie: This is my first time.


You: Huh??


Charlie: The first time someone would make longevity noodles for me.


You (pouting): ... Can you say things in a complete sentence? Have you never eaten longevity noodles in the past?


Charlie: I've eaten the best specialized longevity noodles throughout the country, but they all charge me money. You're the first person that cooks noodles with love. 


You: I still can't afford to do so...


The noodles are now ready, that I scooped it into the most luxurious ceramic bowl in the kitchen that has the pattern of lotus leaf inlaid with gold. The soup noodle's shining bright in the oil, the plain noodles exudes a fragrant, sweet scent of meat, yet also smelling freshly fragrant like vegetarian food.


You: Come, try it while it's hot.


Charlie: You've worked hard, fiancée. 


Charlie really gave all the respect, picking the largest amount of noodles possible with his chopsticks in the most elegant posture, and can't wait to put them into his mouth.


You: How is it?


Charlie: This noodle is really-- sweet.


You: What happened-- Oh no! I just collided with the condiment bottles, that must be when I mixed up the salt and sugar.



Charlie: My throat is now lingering with cloying sweetness.


You: I'm sorry... But, aren't you a sweet tooth?  How is it cloying?


Charlie: I don't care, it's sweet.


Charlie supported himself on the table with his arms as he leaned down, threatening in a low voice.



Charlie: What should I do? This is my first time, how will you compensate me?


You (flustered): I-- I can wish you happy birthday.


Charlie: That won't do, besides this, there's mental damage fee, time cost--


You: How about I remake another bowl?



Charlie: No need for this year. Let me think, on top of the mental damage fee, multiplied with the factor of time, how many bowls of noodles will you need to compensate me...


As he was calculating, I opened the pot, wanting to try how sweet the noodles really are.


Charlie: Then calculating on the interest, you'll have to make a total of-- Eh wait a minute!


The noodles entered my mouth. I chewed a couple of times, but the taste wasn't sweet, but it's salty, fragrant and delicious.


You: I don't think I have placed the wrong condiments. Could it be that Charlie... ...? CHARLIE! How can you lie to people?


However, the culprit has long disappeared. The thing that disappeared along with him, is also the bowl of "longevity noodles" that I've just made.


You: Wait a minute--


I still owe him a "happy birthday"...






Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.