6☆ Date with Sariel - A Misty Trip (氤氲之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/01/2021 10:54:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

DISCLAIMER!!! VERY IMPORTANT: This card is quite... spicy. Read at your own risk 👀



In a blink of an eye, the bitterly cold winter has already quietly parted from us. Opening the windows, the warm sun poured in, along with the breeze carrying a faint flowery fragrance.


You: Sariel, look, the weather today is really great~


Sariel: Mm.


Sitting on the sofa, Sariel flipped a page in his book.



You: I was originally planning to find some time to soak in the hot springs, but who would've thought that the winter is almost over.


Sariel: ... Mm.


Seeing his disinterested expressions, I sighed internally, and erased "ask Sariel out to soak in the hot springs" from my mind.



But on the coming Friday night, as I was wondering where I should be spending my weekends at, I met Sariel at the corridor. When he called out to me, I thought he was about to stuff a pile of design drafts to me again, but instead of his usual behavior, he took out a thin envelope -- it's an invitation?


You: Yamanoumi Hot Springs! It's that super famous hot spring resort nearby!


Opening the invitation, I gasped in surprise as I read the silver-embossed content in it. Does this mean he wanted me to go with him?



Seeing my surprised expressions, even the corners of Sariel's lips have curved up slightly. His smile is faint, just like the Princess of the night* that blooms quietly in the night breeze. I stared for quite a while before I return back to my senses.


You: Wait, something isn't right... Weren't you not interested in hot springs?


Sariel immediately crossed his arms and gazed elsewhere.



Sariel: I do not recall myself saying anything of this sort, I'll pick you up at 1PM tomorrow.


You: Sure.



On the next afternoon, Sariel and I have arrived at the Yamanoumi hot spring resort. As soon as the staff pulled the room doors open for us, my eyes sparkled instantly.




This is a very spacious Japanese-styled room, simple, yet delicately decorated with Zen-like arrangements and ornaments, showing a different sense in terms of luxury.


The other side of the room directly connects to the outdoors, where there's a small circled courtyard, with the hot spring that I have been thinking about for days and nights in it. Each room comes with their own private open-aired hot spring, with a faint smell of warm sulfur wafting over. 


Sariel: Would you stop darting around the room?


You: But I really like it! Thank you for bringing me here.


As soon as I finished talking, Sariel pinched my cheek .



Sariel: This happy from just a hot springs resort? You're really easily satisfied.



You: Hehe.



After we're tidied our luggage, it's already dinnertime. Yamanoumi's dishes were all very authentic Japanese cuisine, with the madai* sashimi delivered on the same day by air from Seto Inland Sea**, and the taste was unforgettable.


*T/N: Fun fact! Madai (真鯛): Red Sea Bream. The Japanese pronunciation of sea bream "たい (rom: tai, kanji: 鯛)" and is similar to "めでたい (rom: medetai; en: wanting to congratulate)" , so it is naturally regarded as a fish that can bring good luck.


**T/N: Seto Inland Sea is part of the Setouchi Region in Japan, they are quite popular with seafood, though most would mention Hiroshima, but many good seafood can be found across Setouchi!



Though it's already early spring, the sky has still darkened very quickly like the past. It only took us the time to eat dinner, and the night has already descended. There are many little lanterns already lit in the courtyard, with the twinkling lights decorating the courtyard into a dreamlike fantasy.


Sariel: Just go if you wanted to soak in the hot springs, the way you look into the courtyard like that is really silly.



You (pouting): It's not silly! Then I'll get changed~


When I walked out after finished changing, Sariel has also changed into the yukata that have been arranged in the room. He seemed to have froze for a bit when he saw me, but very quickly returned to his usual lazy expression, and gestured towards me



Sariel: Come here.


Unsure of what's going on, I quickly walked up to him, only to see Sariel pointing to his somewhat loose belt.


Sariel: Tie it for me.


You: Why don't you tie it yourself...



It's so clear that his hands are so nimble that I have no hopes to catch up to him, but Sariel languorously glanced at me, carrying a faint smile on his lips.


Sariel: That's so troublesome. Also, it seems like the butterfly knot on your waist was quite well-tied. 


You: ... Oh.


With no mental preparations made to receive a praise, I happily helped him to tidy the loose belt. There are two types of yukatas in this hot spring. One is the typical yukata you put on after soaking in the hot springs or after showers, and the other type is the ones we are currently wearing, which are thinner, and could be worn straight into the hot springs. Its seemed like these were prepared for those who're not used to the traditional bathing methods*.


*T/N: Referencing from Japanese hot spring baths, it's traditionally required you to be completely naked (you shower and clean yourself properly before entering the waters) before entering the hot springs. If you have long hair, it is a common courtesy to tie up your hair before entering the hot springs too. 


Sariel looked on languidly with his eyes now half-closed, lifted both of his arms slightly, and spread them towards me. His hands lifted slightly, and opened his arms towards me.


You: ......


I could only let out a helpless sigh internally, and get close to Sariel while holding onto both sides of the belt, winding the belt around his thin waist to tie it carefully.


Perhaps it's because I am extremely close to Sariel, by the time I've realized it, the faint scent of sandalwood had gradually enveloped me. For a moment, my mind turned foggy. It seemed like it has been a very long time since I've spent an intimate and quiet moment with him.


My hands unconsciously stroked along the edges of his belt, slowly, slowly moving... and finally crossed them over Sariel's wide back.


Sariel: Is it still not tied yet?



You: !! Almost done!


This is so embarrassing that I could die...


I lowered my head, and quickly tied the final knot for Sariel with a flustered face.


You: It's done!


I let out a breath, and was about to let go. But the pair of strong arms suddenly reached behind me, blocking my leaving movements.


In the blink of an eye, I have already fell into a warm embrace completely. My heartbeat that has yet to calm down has now turned even more chaotic from the change of incident.



You: Y-y-your hand... w-why...


Sariel: Due to a certain someone's unbearable speed, my arms are already so sore that I can't lift them up.



You: Eh? Then... How about I massage them for you?


Sariel: No need, they might turn worse after you massaged them.


You: As if they would!


I struggled a little, but he only tightened the embrace. Sariel gently placed his head on top of my head.



Sariel: Don't move around.


It was clearly a commanding tone, yet the movements of him holding me are very gentle. He seemed to have been really busy in the past, he's probably really tired, right?


My heart softened, so I too, have quietly reached out my arms, and hugged Sariel back. His embrace, his scent, his warmth... at this very moment, they have surrounded me all over. I gave up resisting, and only wanting to immerse myself into it.


Unsure how long we've been in each others' embrace, I suddenly remembered the main point of this trip, so I spoke to Sariel that showed zero intentions of letting me go.


You: Let's have a soak in the hot springs, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.


Only then that Sariel have gradually let go of his arms. I took out the thing I've prepared in advance from my bag, and tugged him outdoors.



The lanterns on the side of the hot spring are reflecting on the clear waters, accompanied by the ever-misty steams, flickering yet gentle. However, I froze as soon as I saw the actual size of the hot spring.


Due to the viewing perspective, when I was indoors, I thought the outdoor hot spring is a very large bath. However, I realized that it can only fit two or three person when I got a closer look. In a bath of this size, it'd be easy to bump into the other person even if it's just by a simple arm stretch...


The warmth on my face that was already receded has now gradually crawled up, but the Sariel by my side have walked towards the pool as if nothing matters him.



Sariel: Why aren't you coming over? Weren't you the one who rambled about soaking in it?


You: But this bath is really small...


Sariel gave me a cold glance, then stepped into the hot spring on his own. With this indifferent behavior of his, it definitely made me look like I'm making a big deal out of it. It's just two people soaking somewhat closely in a hot spring right? There's nothing to be nervous about it!


After placing the thing I've been holding in my arms onto a tray by the side of the bath, I stuck my foot into the hot springs to test the temperature. Then, without bumping into Sariel, I slowly, and carefully soaked myself into the bath.


The warm waters have surrounded my entire body, in a night of early spring that is still somewhat cooling, this feeling made me so comfortable that I can't help myself but to sigh.


You: So comfy...


I wonder if Sariel likes it?



I snuck a glance to the side. Sariel's quietly leaning against the edge of the bath, resting with his eyes closed while putting on an expression that refuses disruption.


It's such a rare opportunity to soak in the hot springs with Sariel, are we really going to stay silent together until the very end?


[Choice: It's so rare to soak in the hot springs with Sariel, how about I...]


[Choice: Do nothing]


Various interaction scenes that could break the current situation has flashed before my mind, but I still ended up having no courage to do so. I lightly turned my face over, and carefully pried on Sariel by my side. In this misty hot springs, he seemed to look even better. Let's think of some topics and chat with him when we soak in the hot springs tomorrow.


I've secretly made  decision on my own, so I am no longer troubled, and started to relax my body as I enjoy the hot springs.


[Choice: Calling: Call him to eat some tangerines]


Update: Depending on the way you call him (in Mandarin), he will respond differently!


I picked a tangerine from the bunch of them that I've brought, and started peeling it.


You: It's so delicious, sweet and sour. Since it's so delicious, might as well as give some to Sariel~


I holding onto the tangerine that I just peeled, I turned around. Sariel is still leaning on the edge of the bath with his eyes closed. It seems like he has yet to notice my movements.


[Let's call his name and let him eat the tangerine.]




[Say nothing to your mic/ gibberish]

Sariel turned around, seeming a somewhat unhappy.


Sariel: Does it make you happy for simply yelling?


You: No, I just wanted to let you have a tangerine...


He gave a glance to the tangerine in my hand, then reached out an arm, took it away, and ate it on his own. Although Sariel didn't get angry at me this round, perhaps I should call his name normally next round?



[If you call him by his full name 'Qi Sili' (齐司礼)]


After frowning, Sariel opened his eyes, and turned his face towards me.


Sariel: What? .... Mm!


When he opened his mouth, I took the opportunity to quickly shove a carpel of the tangerine into his mouth. Sariel didn't respond immediately as he puffs his face while blinked at me, looking completely stunned.


I tried to hold back from wanting to laugh and explained to Sariel.


You: Hot springs and tangerines are a better match~ So I brought some tangerines over, they are really delicious, give it a try.


Sariel (hmph): ...


Sariel threw an angry glance at me, but still obediently ate the tangerine I gave him.


The way he puffs his cheeks in anger, is actually pretty cute too.



[If you call him by a nickname: I used 'Hubby' (老公)]


Hearing my call, Sariel opened his eyes and looked at me, asking me what's wrong without a sound.


I grinned as I split the tangerine that I've peeled into half, then held it up and handed it to him.


You: This is the tangerine that I've brought over, it's really tasty, give it a try.


Just when I've finished my words, Sariel held onto my wrist, lowered his head, with eyes slightly closed, and ate the tangerine directly from my hand.


You (flustered): ...!


For one moment, although it was just one moment, Sariel's lips seemed to have touched my fingertips. The subtle tingling feelings are traversing like tiny currents, making me almost losing my hold on the other half of the tangerine.


Sariel: The taste is passable.


You: A- As long as you like it...


My face now is probably really red now, but the mists from the hot springs should be able to cover them up by a little, right?



[Choice: Intimacy: Massage his shoulders]


I snuck a glance at Sariel, only to see him moving his shoulders in small movements, with his brows turning into a slight frown. It seems like he isn't feeling very comfortable.


You: How about I give you a shoulder massage?


Sariel: Hm?


You: It seems like your shoulders aren't feeling comfortable, and you can say that I have some experience in shoulder massages...


Sariel raised an eyebrow.


Sariel: Then give it a try.


You: Okay!


Sariel turned around, and faced his back to me.


Sariel: Only massage the shoulders. Don't massage the wrong place.


You: Okay.


[Try to massage on his shoulder!]



[Intended end: Tap onto his shoulder a few times]


[Tap on his shoulder] Mmm... The massage isn't bad, the strength is just nice.


After massaging for a while, Sariel's expressions have relaxed. And at the later part of the massage, he simply just shut his eyes and started enjoying.


You: How is it? I said my skills aren't bad right~


Sariel: Mm, barely arrived the passing line. 


You: Yes yes yes, I'll continue to further study this skill from now on, and strive for your satisfaction.


Sariel looked at me with great interest, and chuckled lightly.


Sariel: Then I shall look forward to it.


You: Then dear customer, please pay me this round, even not being regarded as a great service, the hard work itself deserves certain credit~


I opened my palm to him, and sung it a little.


Sariel raised an eyebrow, held onto my palm, lowering his head as he leans towards my ear.


Sariel: How unfortunate, I left my wallet in the room. Follow me in later, I'll definitely not mistreat you...*


*T/N: The way Zhao Lu (Sariel's CN VA) whisper here... oh my god....


You: ... ...!


Although I've clearly understood in my heart that he's joking with me, but my face unwillingly became boiling hot. 



[Alternate: Tap onto anywhere but his shoulder]



[Tap on his head] Hmm, next time when I have a headache, I'll leave it to you too.

[Tap on his chest] Do you need me to remind you on your hand's position?

[Tap on his abdomen] Hm? Don't go too far.

[Touch his legs] (flustered) Mmh! Take your hands off!


Sariel suddenly turned over, locking my wrist, within his eyes lies some emotions that I don't understand.


Sariel: You're really brave today, huh?


You: ... I'm sorry.


Sariel: No need to apologize. If you aren't afraid of any consequences that comes after that, you can continue the movements you made just now.


You (flustered): ......


After seeing me obediently lowering my head, Sariel no longer said anything. We continued to soak in the hot springs quietly on our own just like how it started, pretending that nothing has happened at all.


[Choice: Heartthrob (1): Chat with him]


It's so awkward for two person to stay quiet like this, might as well as look for a topic to chat with him, and break this silence.


You: Sariel, are you asleep?


Sariel: No.


You: Oh, then that's good to know...


Sariel: Mm...


The topic that ended so immediately made the atmosphere even more awkward, and the bath's temperature that is seemingly heating up too, have made me even more anxious. Especially over my neck, so hot and sticky.


You: Ah, my hair!


I was entering the bath semi-consciously, and I've forgotten to tie my hair up. I took the hairband off from my wrist, and carefully raised my arm to tie my hair. But even after a couple of tries, there are always a few strands that are left untied.


You: Ugh!!


Sariel: I can't bear to look at this anymore.


You: !!



I raised my head to see Sariel that has opened his eyes at who-knows-when, giving me a slightly disdained look.


Sariel: You've already attempted tying for six times altogether but none of them were successful, are your hands already clumsy to such extents?


You: That's not it! It's just because... because...


It's because you're so close to me, that I'm so nervous that my fingertips are trembling! 


The wafting mist seemed to have covered my demure justification, so Sariel didn't continue to ask further, but to open his palm before me.


Sariel: Give me the hairband.


You: Eh? Are you going to help me?


Sariel: A return of favor for tying my belt, even though you weren't tying it particularly well.



You: Okay.


I took off the hairband and carefully placed it onto Sariel's palm, and faced him with my back, somewhat feeling a little nervous.


The waters in the hot spring rippled slightly.


Within the sounds of my heartbeat that is gradually louder, I felt Sariel's body warmth closing to my back. I can also clearly feel the slender and strong fingers of his, gently drawing lines on the back of my neck. His fingers carefully held all of the hairs that were stuck on my cheeks, but the skin that he touched gradually warmed up.


For many times I've seen that pair of slender and beautiful hands nimbly gliding over various clothing, creating miracles one after another. But I've never thought for once, that this pair of hands that I admire so much would be tying my hair so gently and meticulously. 


Sariel: It's done.


You: ...! Ah! Oh.


I responded as if I just woke up from a dream, then reached out an arm, and tentatively touched behind my head. It seemed like Sariel has tied a refreshing round bun for me, while also sneakily weaved a small three-stranded braids and hid in it.


I shyly asked him a somewhat silly question.


You: Does this... Look good?


Sariel: Hm. Pretty unsophisticated. 


You: ... Oh.


Somewhat dejected from his retort, a pair of hands suddenly held onto my shoulders, and turned the somewhat dispirited me around.


Startled, I looked up, and immediately meet Sariel's pair of beautiful, smiling eyes.



Sariel: But, it's unsophisticated in a really cute way.


You: ......!


Sariel was clearly saying those out of mischief, yet the sweetness still overflowed from the bottom of my heart. I can't help myself but to gaze away with the warmth that has been rising in my cheeks.


Suddenly, a dark, round being came into my sight along with the water surface. It seems like... a spider.


You: !!!


My face immediately turned pale. Right before screaming, my body had already instinctively stood up, wanting to escape from this area. However, my panicked action made me slipped, and uncontrollably fell towards Sariel.


You: Aaaah!!



Sariel: !?


I was so scared that my mind went into complete blank, only knowing to hold tightly onto the only person that could give me a sense of safety right now.


Sariel, who I've suddenly held so tightly onto, has his body stiffened for a moment, but very quickly, he embraced me tightly, as if he's responding to me.


But because I've leaned forward with such a momentum, along with Sariel, we both fell heavily into the hot spring.


A loud splash of water could be heard across the entire courtyard. The splash very quickly calmed down, and just when I returned to my senses from the sounds of heartbeat, a hoarse, breathy voice could be heard by my ear.


Sariel: Whoa, who would've thought, that you have such ab ability to trip in a bath this small.


When I remembered the scene just now, I couldn't help myself but to mumble as I hold onto him tightly.


You: Spider...


Sariel: Spider?


You: I saw a spider in the hot spring...


Sariel did not respond to me immediately, only gently stroking my trembling back.


Sariel: There's no spider, that's just a weirdly-shaped leaf.


I loosened my grip slightly, lifting my head as I looked at him dubiously. 


You: ... Really?


Sariel: When did I ever lie to you?


With a voice even gentler than the past, he gradually soothed my overly fast heartbeat miraculously. Only then I've gradually relaxed, and having the spare energy to observe the surroundings, however--



You: !?!?


W-why am I clinging onto Sariel's body like a sloth!?


The collar of Sariel's 

has already opened messily down to his waist, with his fair, well-proportioned and firm upper body now in full display, along with a faint tint of pink flushed over his cheeks.


Oh my god, what have I just done to Sariel!


As I froze, a water droplet dripped from Sariel's beautiful chin, tracing along his graceful neckline, his firm chest, and the distinct abdomen, and finally slipping into his waist. Although I've knew beforehand that the Sariel with his beautiful and slim appearance has an excellent figure, but seeing it this close has left an even stronger impact.


I don't know how it happened, my cheeks have now turned hotter than before, despite not soaking in the hot spring.


Sariel: Are you hurt anywhere from the fall?


I was about to answer "no" instinctively, but as soon as I raised my head and saw his face, I completely forgot what I originally wanted to say. Because of the "chaos" in the hot spring, Sariel's bangs are now drenched by the waters. The water droplets continuously fell onto his face, making his handsome, beautiful face to look even more gentle.


Those golden pair of eyes that have always looked so distant in the past, has now looked shinier in the misty hot spring. And this pair of eyes right now is full of worriedness,  staring deeply at me. This unconcealed concern made me wanting to play coy with the Sariel like this.


With this thought, I held onto Sariel again,burying my head into his warm and broad shoulders, and making up a script as I mumbled.



You: I'm... not too sure, it seems to hurt a little, but I don't know where it hurts...


Sariel: It's actually possible for someone to be injured but not knowing where it hurts?


You: Mm...


Actually, Sariel has been protecting me tightly just now, so I didn't bump into anything, but for now... let me continue to play dumb.


Suddenly, a warm palm held my ankle.


Sariel: Does it hurt here?


The sudden hoarse yet gentle questioning voice sounded by my ear, each syllable seemed like a tiny flame, gently lighting up my ear.


You: No...


A sense of numbing warmth envelopes my soft calves.


Sariel: Then... how about here?


You: Th-that doesn't hurt too...


Sariel diligently searched for my injury, so meticulously that it's as if he has no intentions to leave out a single part of my body. Yet the skin that have been brushed over by that large palm have left a lingering warmth, corroding into my senses.


You: Uuu...


I can't help but to press myself closer against the man holding me as I quietly gasped for breath. The arm that had been holding onto my waist suddenly tightened. The temperature of his palm suddenly rose, the heat passed through the wet yukata, spreading on my waist. That damp, hot and tingling feeling made me unable to help myself but to move my body a little.


Sariel: ... Don't move.


The hoarse voice sounded again, carrying a tint of emotions that I couldn't understand. Spacing out in confusion as I looked at Sariel, only to see the refined, good-looking face slowly leaning towards me.


Ba-dump ba-dump, ba-dump--


I don't know what kind of reaction I should be making right now, only knowing that my heartbeat has gotten so loud that it could resound across this entire quiet area. Then, looking at Sariel's face that's getting closer and closer, I subconsciously-- closed my eyes.


Sariel: You're actually... not hurt anywhere, are you?


You: !!


Have I been seen through?


I opened my eyes in surprise, causing Sariel to let out a chuckle in amusement. Soon after, I felt my body became weightless, and Sariel held me up by my waist steadily.


You: Sorry, I was just... just...



Sariel: I will not dispute with you this time, since... I don't dislike it either.


You: ?


I looked at Sariel with full of doubts, being quite unsure of what he meant by this. But this doubt has gradually drowned under my embarrassment as he carried me back to the room.



[Choice: Heartthrob (2): Drink for some Dutch courage]


The bath is really too small, and the distance between the two of us... is really too close. Despite we've been soaking in the bath for quite a while, I still couldn't calm down due to nervousness.


... Perhaps that thing I brought can be put into a good use. 


Pushing myself out from the hot spring, I opened the bag I placed on top of the wooden tray, and carefully took out an alcohol bottle and cups. They say that alcohol can make you bolder, so how about giving it a try? It has to be better than how it current is.


Actually, I secretly bought this bottle of wine, wanting to take this opportunity to gift it to Sariel. But judging from the current situation we are having right now, I'll just make it up by buying him a new one next time.


I took the wine bottle and filled my cup with it, and downed the entire cup in a single shot. But because I've drunk it too quickly, I ended up choking.


You: *coughing sounds*


Sariel: Hm?


I immediately poured another cup and downed it again to sooth the cough. The cool yet sweet taste spreads in my mouth, and just as I've expected, it has already chased off the nervousness in my heart within an instant. I can't help to pour another cup for myself.


Sariel: What are you doing?



You: Drinking wine~


I turned around and smiled, waving the wine bottle towards the Sariel that is frowning in doubts.


Sariel: Where did the wine come from?



You: One shall not question the source of the wine, as long as it tastes good~


The steams rose from the hot springs, and a heat gradually rose from my already dizzying body, making me starting to wobble. Sariel immediately reach out an arm to hold me, and frowned even more.


He took over the wine bottle from my hand, opening the cap and gave it a sniff. A hint of surprise could be seen from his face. 


Sariel: How many cups of this wine have you been drinking?



You: Hmm... Two cups? Three cups? Don't worry, I'm not drunk yet, this cup is very small, so you don't have to worry~


Sariel: I'm not worried about you, but I just really wanted to look for a mirror, and let you see how you look like when you're drunk.


You: You're taunting me again!


I puffed my cheeks as I tossed the cup aside, wobbling as I walked towards Sariel, and cupped my hands onto his cheeks.



You: You're so good-looking, why can't you just say nicer things at usual times?


Sariel (startled): !?


Sariel's expressions suddenly froze.


You: Your expressions are so weird, do you not believe in my compliments? Then I'll prove it to you! I like your eyebrows, it's beautifully shaped and clean, though each time you raise an eyebrow as you look at me, there's nothing good that will ever happen... I also like your eyes, it's as if there are stars hiding in them, clear and bright...


You (pouting): The same goes to your nose, I've been thinking, how could there be someone who has such delicate and straight node! It's so frustrating!


Sariel: ......


Sariel's skin under my palms are slowly warming up. He did not say anything, but his gaze have turned more and more gentle as he looked at me.


You: Also... also...


My fingertips brushed towards Sariel's slightly pursed lips.


You: I also like thi...


The indescribable softness that is a little moist under my touch suddenly lit my fingertips, burning along my shoulders, all the way to my cheeks.


You: !!


I immediately wanted to take my hand away as I flustered, but a stronger hand held onto it tightly. I raised my head, and my gaze collided into a pair of deep golden eyes.


Sariel: Why aren't you continuing?



You: I don't want to say anymore...


The fingertips that were originally intending to escape are now held by Sariel, and once again placed onto his lips. With the movements as he spoke, I can feel the slight trembling even more clearly from his lips. My fingertips can't help themselves but to tremble a little, and pressed on the spot that is way softer than I've ever imagined.



Sariel's gaze shifted, and a faint, yet captivating blush appeared from his fair face in this misty atmosphere, and he too, have tightened his grip onto my hand.


My heartbeat has gotten so fast that I couldn't bear it in my chest anymore, my head too, have gotten dizzier and dizzier.


Then, everything before my eyes darkened, and I fell into someone's warm and firm embrace.


... ...


... ... Hmm? Did I fall asleep?


I opened my eyes semi-consciously and saw a wooden ceiling.


Eh? I'm already back in the room?


You: Ugh...


Sariel: Finally awake?


You: Sa...riel?



Following the voice, I turned over and met Sariel's teasing eyes. He has already changed into a clean, elegant yukata, draping a haori* over his shoulders as he reclined languidly towards the cushions as his fingertips hold onto a delicate cup. Perhaps it's because of his sitting posture, his bathrobe had loosely opened, and revealing a tight, fair chest.


*T/N: You can consider haori as an outer jacket for a kimono.


Because I've only just woken, my mind is still somehow groggy that I couldn't think about anything but to stare at him blankly.


Sariel: You’re actually quite a good sleeper. Still remember what you did to me in the hot spring?


You: What I've did to you... In the hot spring?


As Sariel’s corners of his lips curves up, my memories that were originally foggy memories suddenly cleared up.


You: !!! I'm sorry!!!


My face instantly flushed in redness as I immediately sat up, but right after, the world started spinning. A large hand caught my waist just in time, that didn't allow my head to hit straight to the floor. Until the moment my head was cushioned once again on the softness that I've finally realized that I've been lying on Sariel's legs.


Sariel: Whoa, sitting up in such a rush, are you planning to avoid responsibility?


You: What responsibility?


Sariel gave me a light, relaxed gaze, remaining silent, and instead poured a cup of wine to himself, and slowly sipping it down.


Sariel: Earlier in the hot spring, there was a certain person took the wine that was supposed to be a gift for me, drank the wine on her own, and even got drunk.


You: I...


Sariel: Out of good will, I reached out to her with concern, but I didn’t expect for her to do something like that to me...


You: I was... that was...


Sariel: What's was?


Sariel lowered his body, raising his eyebrow as he held his chin. Under this gaze, my face continued to heat up further and further, but I stuttered so much that I couldn't say a thing. Because even though I was drunk in the hot spring, but those actions were actually the things that I have been wanting to do from the depths of my heart. So right now there are nothing that I can say to defend myself.



Sariel: Since you can't give any sort of explanation, then I'll take that as you're "pleading guilty".


You: Pleading guilty... then, will there be a punishment?


Sariel: Well, "Punishment"...


With a playful tone, Sariel picked out the keyword from my words, with his slender fingers playing with the emptied wine cup.



Sariel: I've always been a fair person, so I shall "give somebody a dose of their own medicine".


You: What?


Could he actually mean--!


As my heart is now in complete chaos, Sariel's slightly cold fingertips have already stroked over my eyebrows.


Sariel: Hmm... Eyebrows that are as typical as it can get.


Right after, those nearly-touching fingertips brushed over my eyelashes that were trembling due to nervousness.


Sariel: Eyes that are neither large nor small.


When it came to my nose, that hand mischievously pinched it lightly.


You: Uk--!



Sariel: A passable nose.


Following this order, then the next part that his fingers will be touching would be...


Sariel’s fingertips gently tapped onto my cheeks, slowly gliding downwards, and as my heart beats like a drum, it stopped at the corner of my lips.


I can't help myself but to close my eyes tightly.


For a moment, the entire room turned extraordinarily quiet, so quiet that I could hear the sounds of his breath from our close proximity.


Um, this is too closer...


Suddenly, a feather-like softness bloomed on my lips. After I've finally realized what happened, my entire body was flooded with a surge of heat.


You: ......!!!



Trembling as I opened my eyes, Sariel was already smiling amusedly, looking at me with a gaze full of smiles.



Sariel: It'll end here for this time, but next time, I will not let you off so easily.





-- Ending --



The happy and comfortable two-day trip to Yamanoumi Hot Spring Resort has ended very quickly. Before we leave, I looked into the room, reminiscing the incidents that happened in these two days, and I felt a bit of faint unwillingness to leave.


Suddenly, the bag in my hand was taken, and my hand is also held by another large, warm hand.


Sariel: The driver's already waiting outside the resort. Let's go.


You: Ok...


Sariel: It's just a hot spring, there's no need to be this unwilling to leave.


You: It's not that I'm unwilling to leave the hot spring, it's just that I am not willing to leave behind the moments I've spent with you...


I quietly mumbled with a little regret, but only to see Sariel who was walking in front of me to pause his steps.


Sariel: This won't be the last time.


You: Then can I take that as there'll be many, many more times?



Sariel did not answer immediately, but continued to walk forward instead.


I pursed my lips as I held onto Sariel's hand that's holding onto mine, and swung it coyly.


You: Can we? Please?*


*T/N: Please imagine something like you're talking with puppy eyes, a little playfully with your s/o! 


The Sariel now by my side lightly sighed, tightening his warm hand onto mine.



Sariel: Whether it's day or night, or from spring to winter, as long as you wanted to, I will take you here. Until you're tired of it.


The faint words held onto the tip of my heart like a gentle hand. Startled, I raised my head, and saw the faint, warm smile that he couldn't hide in time.


-- The End --




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.