Main Story Ch. 6-20 - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/08/2021 05:06:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

For Chapter 6-19, you may check LIGHT END here, and NIGHT END here.



Opening my eyes, what first comes into sight is the white ceiling, the green and white walls, and the golden window frames. 


The blurry, purple-pinkish lights from the skies are all I could see from the windows, with pure white clouds looking reachable within an arm's distance.



You: This is...?


I closed my eyes, and opened them again.


The scene before me still hasn't changed, only the soft touch lingering at my fingertips.


I struggled as I try to help myself up, only to notice that I've sunk into a bed, and a set of pure white wedding dress is laying by my side!


You: !


Goosebumps immediately appeared all over me. I forced myself to calm down and examine the surroundings.


I can see the layers of clouds through the window, and the size of this entire space looks like I'm in an airplane compartment. This closed space and the scenery outside of the windows have brought out a sense of unescapable fear within.


You: Is anyone there?


I tried asking, but there wasn't a response from anyone.


Just when I was about to carefully examine the arrangements in the room, the TV facing to the bed suddenly lit up, with a voice of the female news anchor could be heard.



News Anchor: Right before this, an accident of a car explosion has happened in Erre Bay in our city. There's a male corpse found in the live venue, and badges of a racing club is scattered around the body...


I stunned, and I trembled all over uncontrollably.


Is that... Osborn?


No, impossible! It can't be Osborn!


I struggled as I curled my body, trying to have a better look on the footage, but with a popping sound, the screen is turned off.


The room's door is opened, and footsteps could be heard.



??: Are you sad?


A man faced me with his back, standing before the bed.


You: Who are you?


Acting as if he didn't hear me, he slowly took a couple of steps in the room.


??: Not anyone could lie on this bed.


You: What are you going to do?!


??: I'm only here to redeem what was mine.


Just when he finished his sentence, the curtains are closed in an instant. The lights in the room have became dim.


The man turned over, gaze meeting with mine, eyes shimmering like a sharp sheen from a sword.



??: I've been waiting for you, fiancée. 



This is it, the destiny that I've paved from each and every decision that I've ever made.


I've now lived the way that I wanted, but I still couldn't escape the determined ending.


If I knew this ending from the very beginning, will I be regretting it?


Or will I still have the courage to make the same decision?


What a pity, there's never 'ifs' in life.


Being hurt all over, each of them are the prices that I was willing to pay for.


Perhaps the other me in the parallel universe that have made the other decision will be living stably and properly, but no matter how prettier the moonlight over there could me, I'll never turn back.


Despite the fact that right now, I am way beyond redemption--


- END of Chapter 6 -



Chapter 7-01 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.