Main Story Ch. 6-11 - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/06/2021 06:38:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 6-08...


Before I can even scream, a large hand has already covered my mouth.


A familiar smell lingered by my side, and I could feel someone carrying me horizontally.


That is the last piece of memory I have before I lost my consciousness.



My head hurts so much it could split open anytime soon...


The tingling feelings have spread all the way from my brain to my limbs, gradually awakening my consciousness. 


The feelings of bumping across all my body have made me realize that I'm now in a moving car.


Wasn't I being captured just now...?


I tried my best to open my heavy eyelids, a blurry, choppy voice too, can be heard.



??: Tell them the bounty is now mine, if they dare to snitch it away, then come at me.


??: You can't always act as you wish, there are rules... in LONGDAY...


??: I don't give a shit.


The two seemed to be arguing over something, but why is one of the voices sounding so familiar...?


??: Aren't you afraid of exposing your weakness by doing this?


??: I'd actually be quite interested to know, what is my weakness?


??: I advise you to not get yourself involved on this matter, it's for the best.


??: I'm already involved.


??: ... Forget it, bear the consequences yourself.


After a beeping sound, the conversation has ended. I finally remembered who is the one that has this familiar voice.


You: ... Osborn?




Osborn: You're awake.


The familiar gaze have entered my gaze, ruthless and undisciplined, just like the first time we met.


You: Why are you here?


I'm puzzled all of a sudden, and I couldn't understand what exactly has happened, and how did I end up on Osborn's passenger seat.


Despite full of questions, but after seeing Osborn, my hanging heart is still feeling a sense of relief.


You: That's great... Looks like I'm saved. Someone covered my mouth just now, he--


I paused, because I noticed my arms are still tied to my back.


Yet Osborn is just looking at me calmly, with a very cold gaze, and no intentions to let go of me.


Being stared by him like this, a sliver of fear began to surface from my heart.


The faint aura encircling him, and allowed me to recall the memories before I fainted.


Osborn: Why not continue talking? A stranger covered your mouth, then what happened?


He stubbornly curved his lips, with some coldness could be seen from his smile. Those eyes that are usually sly is now tinted with a ruthless color.


It's a side of Osborn that I am completely unfamiliar with.


You: Then, then--


Osborn: After that I've tied you up, and threw you inside the car.


You: !


My brain buzzed for a moment, and I could feel my blood completely frozen all over my body.


Osborn: Why, don't you believe it was me who did this to you?


[Choice]



Night: Test him out

Light: Not believing in what he said



[Night Choice: Test him out]


You: Are you kidding me?


Osborn: You think I'm kidding? You can't actually be thinking that there's some sort of hidden story behind this, right?


You: ......


The car is so quiet, scarily quiet.


But why did he deny my guesses? I still couldn't completely believe in this. Am I afraid that I'll no longer capable of running away if I've believe in it? Or was it purely based on instincts?



[Light Choice: Not believing in what he said]


After a short silence, I shook my head.


You: ... I don't believe it.


No matter if it's from my instinct, or from the times I've been with Osborn, all of them are telling me this answer.



So I stubbornly looked into his eyes, trying to find some evidence that he's lying to me from his gaze.


Osborn: It's the best for you to not be in disbelief.


Osborn threw a glance at me, and his gaze is gradually turning dangerous. His face closes up little by little, and I leaned backwards in my reflexes, but he has grabbed onto my shoulder.


Osborn: Thinking of escaping? Should I also tie your legs up?


You: ......


Osborn: Then stay still.


Only then he has finally let go of me, but pulled the seatbelt, and gently put it on for me. The image I'm now seeing before me overlaps with his images in my memories, it seems like I could smell the familiar aura that belongs to the Osborn in the past.


I've decided to trust my instincts, and place a bet.


You: Osborn, I'm feeling a little unwell, my head hurts...


I turned my body over, squinting my eyes, trying my best to make myself look sick. But Osborn didn't even look at me, and was completely indifferent.



You: Ahem ahem ahem, I think I'm sick...


I kept trying to cough as I looked at him from the corner of my eyes, but unsure why, I actually can't stop coughing anymore, and the cough has gotten worse.


I really shouldn't have jinxed myself...


Just when I am in complete regret, Osborn has finally looked towards me. On the next second, he took off his jacket, and threw it on me, and opened the binding on my hands.



Osborn: Cover up.


You: ...... Thank you.


After getting the expected answer, I no longer spoke. Although I still have no idea on what he isis planning to do.


The car continues to drift in high speeds, there's only our car on this rugged and narrow road, with only the messy jungles on both sides. The winds are howling, with only decadent green fully in sight.


Only by now I've realized that we are now very, very far from the city. Where exactly is Osborn bringing me to?


*buzzing sound*



There's a silver, cubic-shaped item that suddenly vibrated over the dashboard, there's even a red-colored signal light flickering on it, and it looks like some sort of telecommunication device.


Osborn gave it a glance, and stepped onto the brakes very unwillingly. My head immediately crashed towards the dashboard, and immediately could see sparks fly before my eyes.


You: Ouch!


??: Yo, being so untender towards a lady, why have I heard that you and that girl knew each other?


A sharp male voice came from that device. There's only one girl here, am I the 'girl' he mentioned?


??: Snitching my mission, don't you have anything that you wanted to tell me?


Osborn: There's never anything for me to tell to those I've defeated.


... Mission?


I suddenly remembered that I seemed to have heard such a word when I just woke up, also the "LONGDAY" I've heard earlier too, could Osborn be some sort of member of a mysterious organization?


??: You've been going against me everywhere ever since you joined LONGDAY, what exactly do you want to do?


Osborn: Going against you? How uninteresting.



??: Then let's say something interesting. I heard that you snitched this mission just to save that girl. I wonder how Merodach* would think?


*T/N: Merodach's identity will be revealed next.


Merodach? Who is this?


Osborn let out a cold chuckle, with his gaze slowly turned towards me.



Chapter 6-14 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.