Main Story Ch. 6-14 - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/07/2021 04:05:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Previously on Chapter 6-14... (read here)


Merodach? Who is this?


Osborn let out a cold chuckle, with his gaze slowly turned towards me. 



Osborn: He said I am rescuing you, what do you think?


He leaned down, staring at me with an evil and fierce gaze, with a strong aura along with the scent of black cedar wafting towards me.


I moved backwards in reflex, but was stunned right at the next moment.


I saw Osborn cushioning a hand behind be very quickly, and if I moved just a little more I'd be knocking the back of my head against the car windows.


You: Osborn, you...


Before I could finish talking, he has already kept his hand behind my head, acting as if nothing has happened earlier.


I'd like to think that I didn't place the wrong bet, I think I roughly understood what he wanted to do.



Osborn: Why, so scared you started stuttering?


Osborn's gaze turned dark as he looked firmly towards me. He raised an arm, and opened the first button of the shirt.


I mustered up my courage, and leaned closer to his ear as I lowered my voice.


You: ... Are you acting?


Osborn paused, suddenly encircling my waist, and made me stick right into his chest.


Ba-dump, ba-dump, heartbeats are in complete mess, and it's the same for both of us.


Osborn: What act?


With a very, very low voice, falling back into my ears.


You: An act, an act to kidnap me...


The atmosphere turned quiet for a second. I couldn't see his face, but I think he probably smiled.


Osborn: Then aren't you going to cooperate with me?


[Choice]

Light: Nod

Night: Doubt



[Light: Nod]



You: Okay...


Just when the first word came out from my throat, Osborn has already grabbed onto my wrists, and leaned forward completely.


The second button have also been unbuttoned unknowingly.


You: You don't have to continue, I can act with you...



Osborn: Not acting till the end, what happens if all of the efforts go in vain?


The scorching breath lingers by my ear, making me almost losing my capability to think, and I can only simply nod.




[Night: Doubt]



You: Haven't you already kidnapped me? How else could I cooperate?


Osborn did not say a word, only to suddenly raise an arm, grabbing both of my arms, and leaned himself forward completely.


The second button have unknowingly been opened too.


The strong and scorching breath could be felt over my face, almost making me to lose my ability to think.


You: You- You--



Osborn: Cooperate with me just like this, understand?


I stunned for a moment, and finally realized what he's saying.


You: Okay...



Osborn: Do you really understand?


You: Probably...


Osborn: Don't act too fake, otherwise I'll have to do it for real.


I quickly nodded. He finally let out a smile and let go of me, and buttoned the buttons again.



You: Get away from me, go away--! Osborn, you- you aren't even a good person or the sort, I shouldn't have believed in you from the very beginning! You- You asshole!



Osborn smiled, and gently nodded.


This is him praising me, right? Then should I go even harder?


You: I knew you were up to something from the very beginning... Then you kept allowing me to hitchhike, I knew you're up to no good!


Stunned after hearing this, he raised an eyebrow, and he almost couldn't hold back from his bursting into a laughter.



You (pouting): In order to earn my trust, you even sent me presents. I won't let you have it your way! I'd rather die!



Merodach: Osborn, don't act abruptly, the commissioner wants her alive.


Another stern voice that I've never heard before came out from the device.


Osborn: But I'm now in a terrible mood, acting abruptly is just what I want.


Just when he finished his sentence, a parabola is drawn from the silver box, and very quickly disappeared from the windows.


You: ... Is it done now?


I've now finally able to let out a sigh in relief, I could almost feel my brain running out of oxygen.


Osborn languidly leaned towards his seat, and looked towards me playfully.



Osborn: I know you're actually quite the actress.


My cheeks burned a little more, but after recalling his pranks earlier, I put on a straight face and glared at him.


Osborn: Angry now?


You: Yeah, who asked you to not tell me a single thing?!


Osborn: Why didn't I see it earlier, didn't a certain somebody acted pretty happily just now?


He squinted his eyes, and I'm unsure if he's actually smiling or not.



Osborn: Not looking like a good person from the start? Up to no good, and purposely approaching you? Why didn't I know I was this bad? Also, I'm this bad, yet you're still hanging out with me?


You: I was acting for you! Also, you indeed have bullied me in the past!



You (pouting): Your gaze just now almost scared me to death!


I turned my face over, expressing my dissatisfaction.


Osborn leaned closer, and I subconsciously pushed him away.


He immediately frowned and looked like he's pain, rolling up his sleeves as if he did it unintentionally, and there's actually many red marks of light and dark colors.



Osborn: Tsk, then consider myself to have rescued a heartless porcupine. 


You: These are...


Osborn: Scratches from you when I was capturing you.


You: Ah... I'm sorry, do they hurt?


Osborn: Of course.


You: Then what should we do? Do you have iodine or the sort in the car?


I felt a little guilty, and also a little panicked as I quickly opened the storage box in the car, but there were absolutely nothing inside.


You: Are there any convenience stores nearby? It's better for us to buy some--


Osborn: Alright, I was just kidding, you really have believed it.


You: Are you really alright?


Osborn: I'm fine.


The car suddenly accelerated, and drifted into a beautiful turn. Osborn looked at me with an eyebrow raised, as if he's using this method to prove that his condition is no different from his usual days.


There are some winds blowing into the car from the slit of the car windows, raising some strands of his hair, making me to subconsciously recall the photos of Osborn on the racing tracks that I've seen before.


You: Osborn, You-- what exactly are you?


My long-hidden doubts have finally came out from my mouth.



Osborn: Do you really want to know?



Chapter 6-16 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.