Main Story Ch. 6-08 - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/06/2021 04:10:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 6-05... (read here)


Lu Ting: Have the arrangements with LONGDAY been made?


??: We've arranged the top bounty hunter.


Lu Ting: Very well. If we can't get close to her... Then we can only allow her to look for us proactively.

.

.

.

Lu Ting: My good nephew, I wonder if you're part of this drama, or are you outside of it? I've placed such a great bet, you have to give me a brilliant ending.




Very quickly, the weekend has arrived.


Right on this night, I had a weird dream, and in that dream, I saw someone that I have never met before.



In the dream, my father has tied me up, and brought me to the live venue of a wedding ceremony. All of the guests are having the same face, they were saying something, yet I can't hear their voices.


At the end of the crowd, a tall man is standing against the light.


I struggled as I wanted to escape, but the bouquet in my hand suddenly began growing thorny veins, binding me tightly!



You: !


I awakened from the dram in shock, heart beating crazily. 


A ray of light pours through the slit in my window curtains. Just when I wanted to pick up my phone to look at the time, I've noticed a new email on the screen display instead.


Email: Ms. Y/N, due to the temporary waterproofing required for the magazine company building terrace, the plan will be halted for a week. The interview location today will be changed to the 13th floor of the Moonrise Building.


You: Why so sudden?


I looked for the invitation letter and gave the number a dial, but nobody picked up.


You: How odd.



Moonrise Building is quite a distance from my house, and it's almost the appointed time too, so I quickly departed after dressing up.


It seems like it has drizzled last night, the streets are wet, and the weather is a little cooling today. The leaves from the Chinese parasol tree rustled as the wind brushes over, seems like it's hinting the upcoming autumn.


I didn't step on the tree leaves, but I could hear a clear crackle from behind.


I turned over, but I did not see anyone.



You: ......


A strange feeling began to appear from my heart, so I hasten my steps.


A pair of black boots quietly stepped on the tree leaves, and the owner of the boots watched the direction the girl has headed to.



An hour later, I've arrived the Moonrise Building. This building seemed to have been newly constructed, with a smell that is still a little stinging, but there was not a single person in the hall.




I'm feeling a little confused, but I still pressed on the button to the 13th floor as according to the mail.


With a 'ding', the elevator doors are opened. A rich smell of rust gushed towards my nose.


Feeling scared, I looked outwards.


A man in black faced me with his back, with a few people that have lost their consciousness laying by his foot.


The man turned over, with scarlet pupils looking towards me.


You: !



??: Ms. Y/N, be careful!


The man was just about to pounce towards me, but another person rushed from the side have pushed him towards the tall walls behind him.



Zhou Yan: Please leave through the emergency exit! The faster the better!


I'm now fully drenched with cold sweat. Without hesitating, I quickly turned around and ran towards the emergency exit.



The development of the happenings have gone way beyond my imaginations, but even so, I can clearly feel that everything happened today is targeted towards me, and the only thing I can do is to leave this place.


The emergency exit is getting quieter and quieter, and the only thing I can hear is my hurried breathing sounds.


Suddenly, messy sounds of footsteps could be heard from above.


You: !


I used all my might to run, but I am feeling even more fear.


You: Faster, I have to go faster, I'm almost there...


The gray walls of the passage from both sides have been moving backwards quickly, looks like I'm getting closer to the emergency exit with a green signboard!


??: ......


Before I can even scream, a large hand has already covered my mouth.


A familiar smell lingered by my side, and I could feel someone carrying me horizontally.


That is the last piece of memory I have before I lost my consciousness.




Chapter 6-11 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.