Main Story Ch. 6-19 (LIGHT END) - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/07/2021 11:11:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 6-16... (read here)

Alternatively, Chapter 6-19 (NIGHT END) can be read here!


Osborn: From now on, leave me.


You: Why?!


Osborn: What's ahead is too dangerous, it's not something you can bear. I'll pass you to someone safe at the next intersection, understand?



You: If it's dangerous, then the more I shouldn't be letting you to face it on your own!


Osborn: Do you believe in me?


You: Of course!



Osborn: Then do as I say.


I bit my lower lip in hesitation, but I've finally nodded. If he didn't need to care about me, then it'll be easier for Osborn to get away from those people.


You: I understand now.


Osborn: I've arranged for someone to coordinate with you.


The car made a speedy turn in the intersection before us, another car of the exact same model stopped there, and half of it is covered by the trees.


You: Don't ever get yourself injured.



Osborn: I promise.


The speeding car have slowed down a little, and Osborn took that one split second where the two cars brushed past each other to shove me into that car.



The last thing in my sight was how Osborn have gazed towards me, smug, yet firm.


Wen Wan, who was sitting at the backseat have caught me firmly, and smiled at me.



Wen Wan: Big Bro Xiao asked you to stay in the car in relief, he'll fetch you when the time comes.


You: Okay, thank you.


Wen Wan moved towards the driver's seat, and the car is headed to another direction.


You: Where are we heading to?


Wen Wan: To somewhere safe. Don't worry, Big Bro Xiao has already made prior arrangements.


You: Okay...


Although it seems like I'm now far away from the dangers, but I still couldn't relax myself.



Wen Wan: Don't be nervous, how about I play a song for you? Right, this is something Big Bro Xiao prepared for you.


I took over the bright yellow candy box, peeled the candy paper and placed it into my mouth. The familiar sour-sweet taste has begun to spread in my mouth.


Osborn... I have to believe in him, he will be fine.


However, right on the next instant, a red car suddenly dashed out and blocked us horizontally,  Wen Wan immediately stepped on the brakes after seeing so!


The black curtains were open, with the lights from the sunset pouring in, and the world outside the windows seems otherworldly.



Has the group of people managed to catch up to us?!


The driver's seat got opened from outside, and Wen Wan was dragged out from the car. I could only only see him looking back in panic, and gesturing me to hide under the car seats.


The door is closed.


It's too quiet outside the car, there was not even a single bit of noise, but it's exactly because of this quietness that have made me even more panic. 


"Knock knock knock".


Right then, the car windows were being knocked on a few times.



??: Ms. Y/N, our master invites you to come out from the vehicle.


That is an old, elegant voice, but sounded cold and emotionless like a robot.


I covered my mouth, not allowing myself to let out a single bit of voice.


??: Ms. Y/N, don't pretend that you didn't hear me, I'm one of us.


... One of us?


??: Ms. Y/N, if you are still not coming out, your friend might lose his life soon.


You: ?!


??: Do it.


You: Wait! ... Who are you?


??: You'll know once you get out of the car.


If they wanted to capture me, they could obviously drag me from the car right away, why must they make me to walk out on my own?


But if it's just as he said, that he's one of us, then why does he have to keep someone as hostage to threaten me?


I really couldn't understand this at all, but I could really feel that if I keep this on, Wen Wan would really die.


After making a choice in my mind, I opened the car door.



An elder wearing a butler uniform smiled gracefully towards me, and Wen Wan is now lying beside his foot, completely losing his consciousness. The elder looked down as he followed my gaze, then let out an appropriate smile.


Elder: He was only knocked out, please rest assured he's fine.


... Only?


For such words to come out from his mouth so easily, it's as if he's talking about the fate of an ant.


Elder: Should I help you out of the car?


Right now, I know there's no room for me to resist any further, so I can only shake my head, and carefully walked out from the car.


Elder: Ms. Y/N, I look forward to your guidance in the future.



You: Who exactly are you guys? I don't know any of you.


Elder: You don't have to know us, all that you should see in your eyes is our Master Zha*.


*T/N: Charlie's surname.


You: ... Master Zha?


Only then, I've noticed a tall man standing among the row of bodyguards not far away from me. The wide sunglasses have covered up almost half of his face.



Compared to the scary looks from the others, his looked completely casual and relaxed, but exudes an even greater aura. Is this the Master Zha the elder has mentioned? But who exactly is Master Zha?


You: You guys got the wrong person, I have no impression of him, please let us go.


??: No impression?


The deep voice gradually wafted over, with a tint of mock and dissatisfaction. 


??: There's nobody that has no impression of me until this date.


You: ?


The man suddenly raised an arm, and curled his index finger. The elder immediately understood his gesture, and politely nodded in respect.



Elder: Take her.


Seeing that the group of people is about to capture me, in a panic, I grabbed onto the car door.


You: If- If you guys dare to capture me, then I'll crash my head right into it!


Osborn said that the guild's mission is to capture me alive, although I don't know who these people are, but they will probably be concerned of my safety.


A light chuckle could be heard in the air.



??: Go ahead.


You: ......


I paused my movements. It's obvious that this threat holds no effect on him.


??: Why not crashing?


You: You aren't the bounty hunter? Who exactly are you?



??: You're smart, but you're also opinionated. I wanted to let you suffer a little more. But, you should thank this dirty place, I'd suffocate if I stay for another second longer.


You: What...


My eyes are suddenly blindfolded with a layer of black cloth. I was led to walk forward, with loud rumbling sounds could be heart, and a sudden feeling of weightlessness, I fell into somewhere soft. After that, the black cloth is taken away.



Chapter 6-20 is now up! Read it here!

Alternatively, Chapter 6-19 (NIGHT END) is here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.