Main Story Ch. 6-19 (NIGHT END) - The Cage and the Soaring Bird (囚笼与飞鸟) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/08/2021 12:08:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 6-16... (read here)

Alternatively, you can also read the LIGHT END here!


Osborn: From now on, leave me.


You: Why?!


Osborn: What's ahead is too dangerous, it's not something you can bear. I'll pass you to someone safe at the next intersection, understand?



You: If it's dangerous, then the more I shouldn't be letting you to face it on your own!



You: Moreover--



Osborn: There's no moreover.


You: Also if I'm not on the car, they wouldn't let you off easily, it'll be very dangerous for you!


This time, I no longer care about him trying to stop me, and complete my sentence firmly.


Osborn: I won't, hurry up and go.


The car made a speedy turn in the intersection before us, another car of the exact same model stopped there, and half of it is covered by the trees.


Osborn: There will be someone to coordinate with you in that car.


Osborn slowed down, preparing to push me into that car. Right at the instant when the two cars crossed each other, I immediately closed the car door.



You: It's too late. If there are anything happening to you, at least I'm by your side.


Osborn stopped talking, and the atmosphere in the car has returned to the nervous and suppressing state.



What lies before us is an endless road, with the endless sea on a side, and the never-stopping chase coming from behind.



Osborn: It's too late for you to regret later.


You: I won't regret it.


Just when I finished my sentence, the engine cap has let out a sound, and a burning smell began to linger in the car.


Osborn: Not regretting even now?


You: I won't regret it, it's always better to face it as two person than facing it alone.


Osborn threw a glance towards me and smiled.


Osborn: You've gotten a lot braver.


The car accelerated, and the sounds of the engines are exciting and thrilling.


I grabbed onto the seat belt nervously, looking towards Osborn, only to notice him smirking, looking as if he's holding onto a ticket towards victory.


You: ... Did you try to lie to me so I can get off the car? You're actually confident enough to escape, right?



Osborn: When have I ever lied to you? I never said that it isn't dangerous now.


Bang-- The car suddenly leaned towards the right side, and the sounds of friction between the tire and the road is sounding even sharper!


You: !


An arm held me just in time.


You: Just now... What happened?


Osborn: The tire exploded from a bullet.


You: ... Bullet?!


Osborn: Scared by only this?



You: I'm not scared!


Bang bang bang, the sounds of the bullets are getting more dense, the continuous sounds of gunshots have cut through the skies.


Osborn: I'll throw them off from the curve in front, sit still! 


The blue flames appeared right in that instant, surrounding us like a reassuring shield.


The bullets have melted quietly, as if they are the greatest weapons, bunches of swaying blue flames have began to assault the chasers.


The sounds of cars toppling behind us are loud as horns, announcing the arrival of victory.


If and only if-- That smudge of red light didn't appear again.


Unsure what have caused it, but the blue flames suddenly reached on top of my head. It has disturbed Osborn, and the speeding car suddenly began skidding.


I instinctively wanted to grab onto the handle, but was suddenly bounced off from the exploding flames!



Osborn: Y/N!


Osborn grabbed onto my arm, but his gaze have completely stunned.


Osborn: ... Ring?!


I looked downwards along with his gaze, the white gemstone has completely returned to its original form, shining rhythmically, just like some sort of signal of danger.


Didn't Evan have already made it to change its shape? Why did it suddenly changed to its original form?


Osborn: Be careful!


The blue flames have completely swallowed us uncontrollably.


I looked towards Osborn in fear. Right now, he's clenching on his teeth, with a panicked expression that I've never seen before.


I tried my best to reach out an arm as I resist the flame's blockage, and grabbed onto his sleeves tightly.


The faster the ring flashes, Osborn's expressions have turned even more tense.


We're almost arriving the curve, and the flames are gradually getting more violent, what is exactly waiting for us in the future?


Osborn turned the steering wheel violently, and stepped onto the brakes.


But the expected brake was unsuccessful, the car leaped into the air, crashing straight into the ocean--


You: ...!


Ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump...


It seems like someone has pressed onto a mute button in the world, only the loud sounds of heartbeat has shrouded me.



What I can see now is the flaming sunset, it's the fearsome, ridiculous colors that looked almost as if it's the end of the world.


I saw the waves beating in slow-motion.


I saw the dazzling colors of the sunset.


I also saw the calm and loneliness flashing in Osborn's eyes.



Osborn: If, I'm only saying if, if this is the last moment of your life, are there things that you are regretting of?


You: The thing that I regret the most?


The images of the past have flashed before my eyes, and finally stopped at the fearsome engagement reception and my father's face.


You: I have yet to prove to that person that I will live my life well. How about you?


I looked towards Osborn, his face blends into the dazzling lights of sunset, looking particularly good.



Osborn: When I was still a monster at the age of 13, I was locked in a storeroom. A girl came in by accident. She told me, my flames are warm, and it's not weird at all. I owe her a 'thank you'. I wish to return it to her.



You: It's warmer than the sun, so why would I feel afraid*?


*T/N: Important part for Chapter 9-03.


It seems like there's a memory that have hidden deep in my heart for a long time, leading me to speak naturally.


In a click, the cogs of the time and space that have been misaligned suddenly connected in my ears, leading the wheel of fate to begin spinning.


Could we have already, since long ago--


Splash--


The glass of the car shattered, with its blurry edges reflecting various tiny rainbows in the air.


CG attainable at member level 8


On the very last second after we leaped out, the car behind us have been shrouded by raging fires with smokes, and bombed into shatters.


I closed my eyes.


The endless seawaters have swallowed us.




Chapter 6-20 can be read here!


You can also read the LIGHT END here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.