Main Story Ch. 7-06 - If It’s the Grand Finale (假如是终曲) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/10/2021 07:41:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 7-03... (read here)


Charlie: Heard of Russian Roulette?

.

.

Charlie: The rule is simple, one is poisonous, and the other isn't. Take your pick.

.

.

You: No matter what the result is, I'm willing to take on the consequences of the bet.


It's gradually becoming difficult to breath, and the surroundings have became gradually blurry. At the last moment, only Charlie's face is left in the last moments.

.

.

.

Butler: Master, since you've decided to let her go, why do you have to take out two non-poisonous capsules to scare her?

.

.

.

Two non-poisonous capsules... The faint words appeared before my mind.

.

.

.



The piercing sounds of the car horns have awakened me.


After sitting on the bed for quite a long time, the fragments of my memories have finally been pieced together.



You: Russian Roulette!


I finally remembered it! In order to not be engaged with Charlie, I played a game of madness with him with my life on bet.


I'm still alive.


"Two non-poisonous capsules"... were the only words I could hear before I lose consciousness actually not my hallucination?


I repetitively confirmed if there weren't any abnormalities in my body, the sense of prostration from an aftermath has shrouded me, and at the same time, the anger in my heart is burning more and more violently.



You: What a sicko!


That bastard looked at me condescendingly like a god, led me into the script he wrote, making me to play the role he set, manipulated my emotions, and waited for me to make the choices he expected.



You: Complete psycho! Do you even have to play me out to such extents?!


The blowing winds lifted my hair, brushing past my cheeks that are burning from anger.


You: So does it mean the troubles related to the engagement is over once and for all?


I looked out from the window, feeling puzzled, unsure if I should feel thankful or unlucky.


A face flashed past my mind.


You: Osborn!!


I recalled the news I saw on the plane, and my breathing paused.


Got to hurry up to confirm how Osborn is right now!


I grabbed onto my phone, and searched for Osborn's number. But my fingers have been trembling, and I almost couldn't tap on the dial button.



You: Osborn you've got to pick up...


Right then, the handphone in my hand rang before I could dial out. The flickering name on the screen made me felt like centuries have passed, and my tears have all poured out right at this instant.



I picked up the call in panic, being afraid that the name will slip away from my world if I am not careful enough. 


You: Osborn, Osborn...


The person over the other end of the call seemed to have stunned for a moment, not uttering a word. The sounds of howling winds passed from the phone speakers into my ears, chasing the panic in my heart away.


Osborn: You're crying?


I shook my head aggressively, but I forgot that he couldn't even see it. My unstoppable tears didn't allow me to utter even a single proper sentence, only allowing me to let out hurried sobbing voices.



You: I- I'm not crying, just- I'm just excited.


Osborn: Tell slowly, I'm listening to them all.


You: You- Are you really Osborn?


Osborn: Can't even recognize my voice anymore?


You: I saw the news, I almost thought--


Osborn: That's just a deceptive trick, don't worry. Also, do I die that easily? Do you have that little confidence in me?


You: Touch wood, you can't simply say things like that!


Osborn: Alright, I won't say it.


You: I'm sorry, if it weren't because of me, you wouldn't--


Osborn: Don't blame it on yourself, this isn't related to you.


You: Are you consoling me?


You: I'm not consoling you. Someone installed bombs in my car, looks like there's someone that's interested in me.


You: Bomb? Where are you now? Are you hurt? Do you need me to lodge a police report for you?


Osborn: Just a small injury, no need to lodge a report. On the contrary, don't tell anyone that I'm still alive.


You: Don't worry, I won't say it. But you have to promise me to take care of your safety.


Osborn: Ok. How are you doing?


You: I--


I almost wanted to tell him the nightmarish experience earlier, but hearing Osborn's concerned voice, I swallowed them back. If I tell him this right now, it'll only pile onto his current worries.



You: Nothing, I'm not injured, don't worry.


I held onto my phone tightly, trying my best to not make myself sound different, with another hand subconsciously grabbing onto the brooch on my left chest to console myself, but my fingers could only grab onto the air.



You: !


Osborn: What's wrong?


You: The brooch you gifted me is gone. How could it be, did I lose it? I thought I was--



Osborn: If it's lost then it's lost, I'll make another one for you.


You: I'm sorry...


Osborn: Crying and saying sorry, if you're really feeling sorry, then make something for me too.


You: What kind of things do you want?


Osborn: As for this you gotta think about it yourself, and gift it to me the next time we meet.


You: Okay!


Osborn: When the brooch is done, I'll let someone to send it to your place. The reason I called you, is just because I wanted to make sure that you're safe. During this period when I'm not here, you can go to work as usual, don't worry. I'll settle the troubles. Also I wanted to let you know that I'm safe, so that a certain person wouldn't be crying and sobbing non-stop.


He paused, and the familiar chuckle could be heard from the phone.


Osborn: You are really helpless when you cry. 



You: Well that was because I was excited, I'm okay now.


Osborn: Alright, that'll do for now, leave the other talks until the day we meet.


Finally confirmed Osborn's safety, I let out a breath in relief, placing the handphone on the bedside table, but I've noticed the Spirit Ring lying on it instead.


You: Why is it here? Wasn't it stuck before?


Also, it turned into light pink when I ate the capsule.


You: How weird...


I quickly sent a message to Evan to tell him these abnormalities, and very quickly, he sent me a reply.


Evan's message: Understood, please bring the Spirit Ring to the office tomorrow and pass it to Zhou Yan.


Yet another troublesome matter solved. I should be feeling relaxed, but I'm still unsure why I'm still feeling so worried. It feels like troubles will knock on my door as soon as I try to take a breather.


Right then, the numbers on the phone has caught my sight, making my arm to hang in the air.


You: Tuesday? But I remembered it was Sunday on the day when Osborn and I were chased! Then I was brought away by the arrogant maniac, and it was only 2 to 3 hours on the plane. How could it be Tuesday?!


But no matter if it's on my phone's calendar or the search engine, both of them are clearly telling me that it is Tuesday today. Then the only possibility left would be me sleeping for two straight days.


I nervously looked at the phone, with numerous whys spinning in my head.


If Osborn didn't die, then whose corpse was in the news? How did the Spirit Ring suddenly come off?


Fate only used two days to throw various ridiculous questions to me, and it's far more than those I've encountered in these twenty over years, but I am completely clueless.


The joy of aftermath has been thinned out by these troubles, I collapse into the blankets tiredly and hopelessly.



You: I can't understand this at all!


The phone suddenly vibrated again. Opening it, I noticed there are more than 30 unread messages.



An An's Message: Y/N, why didn't you respond to me? Were you too busy? Or were you in a bad mood? Don't shoulder it all on your own if you face any difficulty, although I am having a business trip overseas right now, but I can think of ideas for you!


I blinked, tears flowing past my temples, and began spreading on my blanket.



You: This fella.



Mao Ge's Message: Calling for Y/N,  why didn't you come to the office? Were you sick? Do you need us to apply leave for you?



Manman's Message: Mao Ge and I have split your tasks, don't forget to look for us if there are any difficulties!



Hao Shuai: When are you back to work? Come and have a look at my new jacket, it's really cool!


You (teary): ......


The tingling sensation have once again surfaced in my nasal cavity. These guys are purposely making me to cry.


The cold night breezes outside the window have suddenly became gentle, brushing over my cheeks, and they feel so cooling. A weird feeling of certainty has gradually overtook the tiredness.


I turned my head and looked into the skies, how I look from my reflection in glass window -- messy hair, sluggish face.


You: This isn't me at all.


Things at the worst will mend, there will be good happenings as long as I'm alive! As I think this way, I walked to the balcony, and pulled the curtains open.


You: To hell that arrogant person and ridiculous happenings go!


I pushed the window open, and took a deep breath of fresh air, stretching my arms and shouted to the distance.


Plop-- A muffled sound could be heard in the midnight, I startled as I looked towards the emptied, and still swaying clothes rail.



You: Ah! My clothes hanger and socks!


Joy begets sorrow, that is what exactly happening right now.



When I sprinted downstairs and pushed open the door, the sounds of cicadas could be heard. The leaves are rustling in the night breezes, making one to feel this summer is still having a long way to go, and it's still not over yet.


Someone is standing under the orange-yellow light from the lamppost. The tall figure looks a little familiar.


I rubbed my eyes and hesitated. I don't know if I should call him out, yet the person has already turned over.





Sariel: Do you actually feel extreme discomfort if you don't cause trouble for even a single day?



You: Director Qi!




Chapter 7-08 can now be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.