[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Episode 03 || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:剧情03

9/01/2021 09:03:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Sariel's Birthday Event Episode 02 here!


*Disclaimers: Before anyone asked again, the reason why I have decided to translate 血族 (lit. translation: blood tribe) as 'the Strains' is because they act like vampires and is coming from a long family bloodline, also with a slight reference to the horror series 'The Strain'. As for 灵族 (lit. translation: spiritual tribe) that I've decided to translate into 'Erda', because it's actually a reference to a game I used to play (MapleStory), where you can consider Erda as powerful spiritual beings that comes in various forms, and in the main quest we actually collect emotions and memory pieces to a tree as well! Other translators might translate them differently though!


 




Passing through Greensand Town, we've arrived an unmanned dock.


On the sides of the narrow river are surrounded by mountains, and its distant is even shrouded by the white mists, looking very unreal.


You: Are we going to the island by taking the waterway? Then don't we need a boat?


Sariel: The boat is right here.


Confused, I looked towards where Sariel's gaze is at, there is a tiny boat simply tied onto the boat post, wobbling left and right as if it'll topple into the waves anytime soon.


You: Could this tiny boat be what you've mentioning?


Sariel: Mhm.


You: But...


Sariel stepped onto the boat, and I am still standing by the riverside, hesitating. Since no matter how I look at it, this boat doesn't look safe at all.




Sariel: Are you planning to be a river-looking stone over there?


You: I was thinking, don't we need an experienced oarsman, then wearing life jackets, carrying a lifebuoy... 


Sariel sighed lightly, and reached out an arm to me.



Sariel: Did you forget? This is not the ordinary world of the mortals. Hop on, even if we add ten more of you, this boat would never topple.


As it's the demons and gods at work, I placed my and onto Sariel's palm, allowing him to pull me on the boat, and this boat is indeed not wobbling at all. 


Until Sariel and I have sat down shoulder to shoulder, the tiny boat moves automatically along just like it's following the flows of waters, leaving the riverside, and drove into the depths of the river.



The narrow riverway before my eyes gradually widens, with the mists on the water surface gradually disperses, the view of the lush mountains have entered our view, just like the giant beasts quietly lying in the river, magnificent and majestic, very much unlike the mortal world.


You: It feels like I've entered the arcadia when we arrive this place, "traveling by the rivers, forgetting the journey's distance"... By the time we've returned to GuangQi City, will it be just like an illusionary dream, and 10 years will pass in a flash?


I turned over and exclaimed at Sariel, he gave it a thought, and he actually did not deny what I said.



Sariel: It has been a long time since humans have traveled here, who knows it might actually be just as you said. For ordinary humans to enter the Lightcloud Swamps, there's always a price that they have to pay.


He drooped his gaze, his calm tone have sent me into fear.


You: ... Can I still make it if I go back now?



Sariel: Too late.


Looking at my panicked expressions, Sariel suddenly let out a chuckle.


Sariel: Only you would believe in such ridiculous things. I was merely joking with you.


You: ......



Sariel: Why not talking anymore? Angry now?


You: Forget it, who asked you to be the birthday boy today. I forgave you.



Sariel: So this is the perks of birthday? Besides this, are there any other benefits?


You: No more! But you can take your time to anticipate properly later on.


After I've calmed down, the sounds of the boat rowing across the waters sounded like an invitation to the dreamlands. Having to wake up so early in the morning, I gradually began to be unable to hold back from dozing off.


Sariel: Going to an unfamiliar place of where the Erdas have reside, and you can still have the mood to doze off, looks like you aren't afraid even for a single bit?


I pushed myself to distinguish his voice, but my consciousness have gradually dispersed.



You: Although I'm a little afraid, but you're here, so it's okay.


Sariel pursed his lips, looking at the water surfaces in distant, and an imposing expression has showed between his brows.


Feeling the luck coming to me, I asked him quietly.


You: Are you worried about me? It's okay, even if it's really an illusionary dream, having to spend 10 years together with you, it isn't a bad deal too.


Sariel: What kind of strange logic is that?


You: Isn't this... uh... quite logical...?


A very soft sigh could be heard by my ear. When I'm half asleep, I can feel a hand gently supporting my head, and allowing me to lean onto his shoulder.



Sariel: Sleep well, I'll wake you up when we're there.


I let go of my consciousness, and fall into a deeper sleep.


In my dreams, there's always a faint floral scent lingering around.



Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.