[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Episode 05 || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:剧情05

9/01/2021 11:57:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read Sariel's Birthday Event Episode 04 here!


*Disclaimers: Before anyone asked again, the reason why I have decided to translate 血族 (lit. translation: blood tribe) as 'the Strains' is because they act like vampires and is coming from a long family bloodline, also with a slight reference to the horror series 'The Strain'. As for 灵族 (lit. translation: spiritual tribe) that I've decided to translate into 'Erda', because it's actually a reference to a game I used to play (MapleStory), where you can consider Erda as powerful spiritual beings that comes in various forms, and in the main quest we actually collect emotions and memory pieces to a tree as well! Other translators might translate them differently though!

 



By the time we've finally arrived the real Rain Island, the skies has turned completely dark.


"Rain Island" is indeed on the mountaintop, with the ancient pavilion build on the mountain, the lights lit up like a long dragon, circling around the lake in its middle.



Sariel: It's the best for you to not wander around on your own. There are many Erdas that dislikes outsiders, it is very easy for you to be seen as an enemy to them.


Hearing that, I subconsciously grabbed onto Sariel's hem, and walked closer to him.


You: Then should we look for little Lizard right now?


Sariel looked around his surroundings, and shook his head straight away.


Sariel: Rest up for tonight, we'll pick him up and go home tomorrow.


You: Where are we resting at?


Sariel led me to a deserted old residence, it seems like there's only the two of us in this spacious courtyard.




Sariel: You can rest here. If there aren't anything else at night, don't simply head out.


He was about to leave after leaving his message, so I quickly tugged onto his sleeves.


You: Then where will you be staying at?


Sariel: Scared now?


Under my pitiful gaze, he let out a sigh helplessly.



Sariel: Right at that room beside yours. If anything happens, just shout loudly and I'll be able to hear you.


Knowing that we're only separated by a wall, I am finally able to feel relieved.



Entering the room, just when I was about to lie down after washing up, I suddenly remembered the birthday gift that I have yet to give him.


You: I almost forgot about this!


I immediately stood up to take out the present, and pushed the doors to walk to the courtyard.



It's quiet outside, only the cold and quiet moonlight pouring onto the gravel path. The windows and doors of Sariel's room have already been tightly shut, and the lights are off.


You: I wonder if he has fallen asleep...


??: What are you looking for?


The voice from behind suddenly startled me, and I was so close from dropping the bag in my hand onto the floor.


I carefully turned around, only to see Sariel standing under the shades of the bamboo trees, with a veil of moonlight shrouding over his silvery white hair.



You: You scared me to death...


Sariel: What are you planning to do for not sleeping and sneaking around in the middle of the night?


You: I just remembered that I haven't gave you your birthday present.


Sariel: It's so okay to gift it tomorrow.


You: How can that be okay? It'll be late if it's past 12AM.


I took out a paper box from the bag in a mysterious manner, and lightly opened it in front of Sariel.


You: Ta-da--


Rather than looking surprised as I have expected, he was first stunned, then couldn't hold himself back for letting out a laughter.


What's wrong? 


I quickly looked into the box--


You: The words have inverted!


A specially customized Princess of the Night flowers are printed on the row of cupcakes, and each of them had words written with icing. It was supposed to read "Wishing Sariel a Happy Birthday, May Happiness Be With You Always" when it's connected together, but now it has became something completely unreadable. It must've been messed up from the long journey while carrying the backpack.


You: No, that doesn't count, I'll redo this. Let me place it properly and show you again.


However, Sariel have gently pressed on my hand.



Sariel: No need, I can understand it.


Sariel picked up the cake with 'Happy' written on it, took a bite, and his gaze have turned a lot more gentle.


You: How's it?



Sariel: It's more delicious than the sugar figure.


You: Can't you just praise me more directly? I've gave it a try after baking it, it's really delicious.


Sariel: So I'm not the first one to eat the cake?


You: ......



Sariel: Making such a confident promise saying that she wanted to celebrate my birthday, and be the first to wish me a happy birthday, but she ended up eating my birthday cake first?


You: Aiya, you're already one year older, you can't think of the old things anymore, let go of this kind of resentment!


Sariel: Saying things however you like.


You: It'd be enough as long as it's pleasant to your ears.


Sariel: ......


You: Don't say depressing things when you're celebrating your birthday, words like 'boring', 'wordy', 'noisy'... you aren't allowed to say any of those.


Sariel: ......


You: Right, there's also a small gift from me to you.


I took out a top hat that I've secretly made for a few days from the bag, on the black fabric on the brim, there's a Princess of the Night embroidered in layers on it.


You: This is something I made myself, isn't it quite the improvement since the very beginning?


Sariel took the black top hat over, fingertips caressing that embroidered Princess of the Night, with his gaze very much softened.



Sariel: It's considered that there are bits of improvement.


You: Only "bits"? 


Sariel: Do you want me to point out some of the problems right now?


You: No need... How can I let you work on such a rare occasion? 


I looked at my watch, and noticed that it's almost midnight, and quickly let out a light cough, and sat upright.


You: Sariel, happy birthday! Before midnight strikes, it's still your birthday.


Sariel: You don't have to get so attached to this date. This day has no special meaning to me.



You: But to me, 1st of September is very special.


Sariel: What's so special about it?


You: Because of you, that's what makes it special.


Sariel gazed away a little unnaturally, in the dark, it seems like there's a tint of faint crimson over his cheeks.


You: What's wrong? Are there anything that you wanted to say?


Sariel: ......


He still didn't answer me, only stubbornly stared to the front. I followed his gaze and looked over, there's a few buds of Princess of the Night in the corner of the courtyard that looked like they are about to bloom.


The Princess of the Night seemed to have felt something, and the white petals gradually open up, until they are completely in bloom. It's as if they are using all their might to dedicate their entire life's beauty to the moonlight tonight.


I turned over to look at Sariel, but only to realize that his gaze has long returned to me.


It feels like the gentle moonlight is also contained in his eyes.



Sariel: Y/N. I'll remember today well.



- END -


Event Phone Call is here:







Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.