[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Prologue || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:序章

9/01/2021 07:48:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read the Pre-Quest Story here!


*Disclaimers: 


1. Before anyone asked again, the reason why I have decided to translate 血族 (lit. translation: blood tribe) as 'the Strains' is because they act like vampires and is coming from a long family bloodline, also with a slight reference to the horror series 'The Strain'. As for 灵族 (lit. translation: spiritual tribe) that I've decided to translate into 'Erda', because it's actually a reference to a game I used to play (MapleStory), where you can consider Erda as powerful spiritual beings that comes in various forms, and in the main quest we actually collect emotions and memory pieces to a tree as well! Other translators might translate them differently though! 

2. It'd be great if you can at least read Chapter 3 and Chapter 4's translations to get a better idea about this too!








Very quickly, it's already the 1st of September. I've rushed to the place Sariel and I have agreed to meet very early in the morning.


The station before my eyes is not of a small scale, but due to its old history, it looks like it has been through a lot throughout the times, and the shaky signboard has "Lightcloud Station" written on it, looking like it's about to fall.


You: How long ago since the last time somebody has been here?


I curiously looked around the insides of the station, don't even mention about ticket inspectors or travelers, even the railway tracks are full of traces of rust, and even weeds are growing along it.


You: Didn't Sariel say that we're going to Lightcloud Swamps by the train...? Why doesn't this place seem like there'd be trains coming here?


Just when I finished my sentence, I immediately saw a familiar silhouette appearing on the opposite side on the road, and quickly waved to him.


You: Sariel! Here!


Sariel paused his steps and let out a sigh, then quickly stride towards me. Just when he was about to say something, his gaze stopped over my puffy backpack.



Sariel: Those who don't know would think you're going out for an autumn trip.


You: That's not it, everything in here are my secrets. Don't you try to open it!


Sariel: You've been thinking too much, I'm not interested in your secrets.


You: Why did you only bring a small bag?



Sariel: Daily necessities, change of clothes, I have those over there. If it weren't because there's a certain someone that wanted to tag along, I think I wouldn't even be needing to carry a bag.


I quietly popped my head over, wanting to see what he is carrying in his bag. Just when I could only manage to have a glance over a back of chips, Sariel have switch to another hand to carry his bag.


Sariel will never eat snacks, so, is that because of me?


You: Thank you, Sariel.


Sariel: I don't understand what you're saying.


A sound of whistle seemed to be heard from afar, I stunned slightly, and tiptoeing to look into the distant of the railway track.



Sariel: It's just to head out for errands, why do you seem so happy?


You: I didn't expect there are actually trains in such a worn-out station!


In just a moment, the empty lobby suddenly got windy, and is shrouded with white mist. Within the mist, a silhouette of a train seemed to have appeared, and quietly drove into the station.


Sariel: Our ride is here.


He handed a hard paper ticket, the name of the destination seemed to have been hidden along with the aged paper, blurred over time.


This retro train quietly stopped at the platform that only the two of us are standing at, and the crow grey color seemed a little mysterious. The sentence from the ancient books I've read has flashed before my mind--


"Lightcloud Swamps is separated from the mortal world, there is no usual path to go between this place. Here lies the ancient trees and spiritual beasts, living happily in forms of human."


Sariel took the first step onto the staircase of the entrance. Looking at his back view, my heart suddenly throbbed.


Could the ancient trees and spiritual beasts in the ancient books... are the Erdas just like Sariel? Then who is Sariel going to look for in the Lightcloud swamps?



Sariel: Why spacing out?


You: I just wanted to ask... In this Lightcloud swamp, is it a living place for the Erdas?


Sariel: Yes. Why, do you regret it now?


You: ... Not at all!


Right at the moment I stepped into the train, I suddenly have a feeling, this journey in search of somebody will be very unusual.



Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.