[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Episode 01 || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:剧情01

9/01/2021 04:16:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read Sariel's Birthday Event Story Prologue Here!




After the two of us have boarded the train, the train started moving without making a sound, and very quickly, the Lightcloud Station outside of the windows have disappeared into the white mists.



I followed Sariel into a segment of individual compartment, and within the train compartment, the decorations are just like how it looks from the outside, and each detail of them shows how retro it is.


The detailed carvings on the Nanmu* furnishings, the colorful glass window embedded onto the wooden window lattice, the retro horn phonograph... There are so much, that I am starting to get a little dizzy.


*T/N: Nanmu is also called Phoebe Zhennan. It does not react to humidity and temperature much, making it a superior material for furniture.


You: It's just like I've walked into a tunnel of time.



Sariel: This train journey will take an hour, don't get too excited.


Sariel sat on the sofa, and began to read an old book as he flips through the pages. It seems like he isn't planning to explain anything about this journey to me, so I can only ask him myself.


You: It'd be alright to tell me now, right? Who are we looking for?


Sariel: We're looking for Lizard.



You: Lizard? No wonder I didn't see it when I was at your place, but how did it happen to go to Lightcloud Swamps? Ah! Could it be, the little lizard too... is an Erda like you?


Sariel opened his mouth slightly, and only nodded after quite a while.


You: Then- Then does it know how to talk too?


Sariel, for once again, nodded quietly.


I got so shocked that my tongue felt like it's twisted into a knot. Recalling the times I saw the little lizard, I can't actually imagine what kind of a scenario it'd be for Lizard to actually talk.


You: Then have Lizard been living for a long time too?



Sariel: ... Yes. Why do you care so much about a lizard? Hm?


You: Because this is too out of the ordinary...


Sariel: Then it's my turn to ask you questions. Why must you tag along to look for someone with me?


You: That's because...



Sariel: Don't try to squeeze your brain juice to make an excuse that even a 3-year-old wouldn't be convinced.


You: Alright, actually...


Until I've finished telling him my motive, a sliver of surprise has appeared over Sariel's face.


Sariel: Birthday? Seems like there was indeed such a thing.


You: Could you actually not remember your own birthday?


Hearing my counter question, Sariel frowned slightly. Looking at his expressions, I knew I screwed up, so I quickly tried to save the situation.


You: Ahem, so I'm now the first one to wish you a happy birthday! I've prepared a present since long ago, it'd definitely be better than 10 presents!



Sariel: Are you hinting that I'm not not getting along with people?


You: I wasn't! Everyone have definitely prepared birthday presents for you, thee company even organized a birthday party for September babies.


Sariel: There's no need for presents.


Holding onto the book, Sariel leaned towards the back of the chair, and languidly squinted, just like a fox get caught into a soft seat. The dim light outside the train swayed as it pours through the stained glass window, veiling a colorful dazzle over his hair and lashes.


Sariel: I don't celebrate birthdays just because there was no need to do so. If there's one thing that you have experienced many times, it will become something ordinary. Furthermore, there's nothing worth celebrating today.


You: But, this is your first birthday after I've met you, so it's very special.


Sariel's movements of turning the pages have paused, and his tone has a hint of smile.



Sariel: It's very special indeed. Since there were never someone in the past that would be chirping around so much like how you did today.


You: Wait till the next year, and I'll make everyone to celebrate with you.


Sariel: No need, the bunch of you have already been noisy enough during ordinary days.


I no longer disturb the reading Sariel, and boringly tinkled with the phonograph on the table, but there were no response from it.


You: Is this phonograph even real...?


Sariel: It's a mission impossible to make you quiet for even a single moment.


Sariel complains as he closes the book. His slender fingers brushed over, and unsure what his fingertips have touched, the vinyl record have slowly began to spin around. A melodious tune slowly flows from it, and lingered around the entire compartment, it feels like the time have became slower too.


I raised my head, and coincidentally met Sariel's gaze. In the daylight that is half bright and half dim, the pair of beautiful golden pupils shows a rare-to-be-seen smile, and looking particularly bright.




Sariel: Are you satisfied now?




Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.