[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Episode 02 || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:剧情02

9/01/2021 08:08:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Sariel's Birthday Event Episode 01 here!




The time sways along with the long and calming tune, and the train has stopped at the station called "Greensand Town".


Exiting the station, the bustling sounds of the people could gradually be heard, it's as if we have returned to the world of mortals.



The ancient town lies is close to mountains and waters, buildings of green tiles with white walls and the quaint bluestone steps that curves into its depths, with various shops lined up in rows by the roadside, seemingly very lively.



You: Is this Lightcloud Swamp? It doesn't look any different from an ordinary ancient town.


Sariel: Originally, this place was indeed a normal town.


Sariel is looking at the scenery of the ancient town, with a faint tint of yearning seeming appearing in his eyes.


Sariel: But it's located between the Lightcloud swamp and the mortal world. In the world of Erdas, part of the Erdas will choose to be close to people, yet there are also many that will distance from, or even despise humans. The Erdas in this Greensand Town is close with humans and are coexisting with them. As for the Rain Island in the depths, there are almost only Erdas that are existing there.


You: So to put it this way...  You're the type that are close to humans, right?


Sariel threw a glance at me, and refused to comment on my judgment.


You: Although your temper isn't that great, and your feedback have always been very harsh, and sometimes very unfriendly...


I dissed him as I counted with my fingers, and Sariel's expressions have gradually worse.


You: But you have always been amending design drafts for me, and is willing to teach me selflessly. If it weren't for you, I will definitely never have such a groundbreaking improvement! If you really despise humans, you will definitely not help me this much.


Who would've knew that Sariel would actually curve the corner of his lips so lightly and let out a chuckle.



Sariel: Because you're a clumsy bird. You are not considered the same species with other humans.


You: ......


My melancholy expression has obviously made Sariel's mood better, and you can even see a smile rippling from his eyes.



Sariel: Let's go, it's still quite some distance from our destination.


We walked among the bustling wanderers, and merely from the appearances, I am completely unable to differentiate who among them are the Erdas and humans. Recalling Sariel's pair of white, fluffy fox ears, I can't hold back from imagining the way Erdas will appear.


You: It'd be great if Erdas could show their ears and tail out...


I exclaimed lightly, but it was coincidentally captured by Sariel's sharp ears.


Sariel: Impossible.


You: Why not?


Sariel: ... There's no why.


Sariel doesn't seem to wish to talk more about it, so I can't help myself but to feel a little regret.


You: Ah, then there's no hope... It'd be nice if you can show me your fox ears again...


As I sprout nonsense from my lips, my gaze noticed a sugar figure stall by the roadside. The stall owner skillfully held onto a scoop, and within a few moves, a pattern of a fox is drawn.



Sariel: Wanting to bump into a pillar?


A large hand suddenly covered my forehead, and pulled me a few steps backwards. I turned over, and only then I noticed that there's a stone pillar that is about 20cm away from me.


Sariel: Look in front of you properly when you walk.


You: I usually look to the front, but aren't you here now?


Sariel: Hm?



You: No matter what dangers I face, you'll always pull me. Right?


Sariel: ......



Sariel: I really should've let you bump into it, so you can suffer a little and learn your lesson.


You: I'll remember now.


You: I saw something fun just now... Wait for me a little.


Without waiting for Sariel's reply, I trotted towards the stall that was selling the sugar figure earlier. Just when I was about to purchase that fox sugar drawing, a child has bought it before I could do so.


You: ......


Owner: Young lady, I'll draw another one for you.


You: Okay! Oh right, can you draw the fox ear a little bigger? And let its hair a little more flowy, the kind that looks majestic!


Owner: This-- Young lady, you're going to put me in a difficult situation with that request, how about you draw it yourself? I'll only charge you the ingredient's price.


He called me to stand by his side, took a scoop of sugar syrup, and gestured me to take the scoop over. Although I was a little nervous, but I am feeling more eagerness to give it a try. I imitated the owner to pick up the scoop, and carefully draw the look of the fox in my mind.


You: First draw a body... The tail can be a little bigger, and fluffier... How do you draw hair?! Oh no I've poured too much syrup!


I stared at the pool of syrup that have hardened in an instant into an unknown shape, and letting out internal cries. On the next second, the hand that is holding onto the scoop is lightly being enveloped.


From behind, a warm breath crawled to my neck bit by bit, and I can even feel there's hair brushing across my ear, it feels a little itchy.


I turned over, and I saw Sariel's side profile.



We are standing so close, so close that I can seem to hear his heartbeat clearly. Ba-dump, ba-dump.


It seems like it could be my heartbeat, disturbing my train of thoughts, and disturbing the rhythm of my breathing.


Sariel: What are your hands trembling for?


You: That... Why are you here...?



Sariel: You're my student, so I'm here to supervise and see if you've gave me shame. Focus.


It feels like he has magical powers, the scoop that was originally disobedient became light and flowy in his hand, and fixed the part that I drew previously.


Not long after, a majestic giant fox appeared before my eyes.


You: It's really saved!!


I can't hold back from my joyous surprise, turning over, and held onto the sugar figure to show it to him. The fox drawn using the amber-colored sugar syrup seemed to became transparent under the sunlight, and looks particularly lively.



You: Look, this is probably the king of the foxes.


Sariel: So? Only children will like things like this.


You: Then why did you draw just now?



You: Don't you think this fox is a little like...


Sariel: Not alike at all. Hurry up. 


Seeing Sariel making a move to leave, I quickly tugged onto his sleeve.


You: Don't you want to give it a taste? Then I'll eat it myself~


Who would've thought? Just when I finished my sentence, Sariel acted as if he has made a decision, and swiftly snatched the sugar figure from me.



Sariel: Dream on, I drew half of it.


You: You don't even eat these kind of stuff!


Sariel: Who said that I don't?


As if he is doing it to prove what he just said, he took a bite on one of its ears and chewed on it, then slowly locked the sugar crumbs with the tip of his tongue with a calm expression.


Unwilling to admit defeat, I popped over to bite the other ear, and made loud crunching sounds.


However, just looking at the other's face like this, as I chewed on the candy, the image of eating the same piece of candy just now suddenly appeared before my eyes, and the bitten parts of the fox candy figure became more obvious in sight.


The sugar that has yet to melt is still lying at my throat, it's so sweet.



Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.