[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Episode 04 || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・遥迢同游:剧情04

9/01/2021 10:57:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Sariel's Birthday Event Episode 03 here!


*Disclaimers: Before anyone asked again, the reason why I have decided to translate 血族 (lit. translation: blood tribe) as 'the Strains' is because they act like vampires and is coming from a long family bloodline, also with a slight reference to the horror series 'The Strain'. As for 灵族 (lit. translation: spiritual tribe) that I've decided to translate into 'Erda', because it's actually a reference to a game I used to play (MapleStory), where you can consider Erda as powerful spiritual beings that comes in various forms, and in the main quest we actually collect emotions and memory pieces to a tree as well! Other translators might translate them differently though!

 



I've been sleeping so soundly, it was so pleasant, until a light shake woke me up from the beautiful dreamland.



Sariel: Wake up, we're almost there.



I opened my eyes in a blur, and faced Sariel's side profile that is very close to me. It feels like his a faint smile has flashed past his lowered gaze.



Sariel (gentle tone): Wipe off the saliva at the corner of your mouth.


I quickly raised an arm, but I've only touched on a patch of dryness.


You: There wasn't even any saliva.


I tidied my hair, and suddenly noticed the wrinkles on Sariel's shoulder that I pillowed on from a glance.


You: It's all because I couldn't sleep well due to excitement last night...



Sariel: It's indeed something you'd do. It's just heading out, what is there to be excited about?


You: We're talking about this place that has been long gone! Is that the Rain Island in front of us?


A lush green island stands in the middle of a lake not far away from us, it's so quiet that it seems like it has merged as one with the reflections in the water.




The boat passed under the bridge of the island and stopped at the shore. After boarding the island, I noticed there's almost no signs of habitat here.


Sariel: I didn't say this is the Rain Island. The real "Rain Island" is on the mountain.


I blinked in confusion, and looked at the sky-high mountain, then looked at Sariel standing by my side.


Sariel: It's useless to look at me like that, the stairs are there. If we can't arrive the mountaintop before night, then we'll have to stay overnight in the winds with hunger.


I then noticed the bluestone staircase covered by the lush forest, the staircase goes straight up the mountains, it's just like the staircase to heaven, looking endless.



You: Can we really make it before nighttime with this?



Sariel: Well you can also wait for my return right here.


You: That can't do! I've already come all the way here, how can I give up halfway?


The more important thing is, I still have to give Sariel a proper birthday celebration at night!


In the quiet forests, there are one or two Erdas that will pop out from time to time. Most of them only threw a glance to us from afar, and left.


I lifted my right leg that is a little sore and swollen, panting as I walk a step higher.


You: How many steps are there on this staircase...?


Sariel: I don't know, nobody has ever counted it.


In contrast to my embarrassing look, Sariel seemed to be at complete ease, and not even breaking a single drop of sweat. It seems like his condition has improved a lot after arriving this island.


You: Could it be possible that you have to walk through this each time you arrive this island? This is too tiring.


Sariel: Erdas have a simpler way to arrive Rain Island, it's just that the method can't bring you along.


You: Then I've hold you back... I'm sorry.



Sariel: It's too late to say sorry now, I've already brought you along. Isn't it because of you mumbling your "once in a lifetime plea" for an unknown number of times?


Recalling how I've pestered him, my cheeks began to feel hot...


Sariel: Can you continue?


You: ... I can!


I clenched my teeth, and planned to increase my pace, but Sariel reached out an arm before me.



Sariel: Give me your hand.


He grabbed my wrist without letting me to refuse, and held me as we continued walking up the staircase.


It was just him pulling me to go forward, but I felt like there's a strength of support, and my footsteps have became more nimble.


The colors of the sunset has poured through the leaves, and onto the back view of the person in front of me, and his features seemed like it's brightened by the lights. My heart throbbed slightly, as if this scene has appeared many, many times.




Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05



Sariel's Birthday 6☆ is now translated, click here to read it!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here! 





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.