Main Story Ch. 7-01 - If It’s the Grand Finale (假如是终曲) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/08/2021 08:43:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this chapter, please check out the latest chapter of Chapter 6!


If It’s the Grand Finale (假如是终曲)


If someone asks me of my trouble, I dare not to say your name.






In the evening of the late boiling summer, where the sun has gradually hidden behind the high-rise buildings, the skies are gradually turning dark.



The orange-yellow streetlights are awakening one by one in the howling winds, like the solemn spotlights on the stage, making my room to look particularly dim.



Absentminded, I looked at the ceiling of my room, feeling dizzy, as if I've woke up from a long, yet deep slumber.




Very quickly, my thoughts are getting clearer, and my memories have all returned to me at once. A weird capsule, a game of dead-or-alive, and the man that proclaimed himself as my fiancé. 




I could finally see that person's face clearly. Distinct features, frivolous smile, yet incapable of hiding the coldness from his expressions.



Did he say he was my fiancé? But isn't that person supposed to be a flirtatious 50-year-old grumpy man? No matter how I see it, it has nothing to do with the man before me.



But this isn't the main point, I've already clearly rejected the engagement, so that doesn't even count.


After a few months have passed, he suddenly appeared, and even trap me here, what exactly is this for? I sat up from the bed, and looked at him warily. 



??: Zha Li Su* (Charlie).


*T/N: For some of you that might notice, Charlie's surname, 查 is usually read as Chá, but when it comes to a surname pronunciation, it is actually read differently as Zhā.


You: What?


??: My name. As the fiancée, you should remember it well.


What is with this weird name? I've only heard of Mary Sue and Jack Sue? Just when I was about to ask him how to write his name, I gave it another thought, forget it, we'll never meet again in the future anyway.


You: I'm sorry, Mr. Zha, I am not your fiancée, that engagement reception was not of my own will. I'm sorry for what happened back then.


After returning to this country, I've been feeling apologetic towards the "fiancé" that I've never met, since it might also be possible for him to be a sacrifice of marriage connections, just like me.


Although I did not regret running away, but I've indeed hurt his ego by doing so. Also, he has probably made a promise with that father of mine.


You; I apologize for whatever that I've done to hurt you.


Charlie stared into my face for quite a while, and his expressions are turning a little weird, with deep disbelieves in his gaze, as if he was completely clueless of what I was talking about.


Seeing so, I can't help but to feel confused. Was I not making myself clear enough? Just when I was about to explain, he has already voiced out to interrupt me.




Charlie: I've got to say, the way you attract someone's attention is very old-fashioned.


You: ?


Charlie: But I don't have a liking towards play hard to get. Change it to something else next time.


I stunned for a couple of seconds to finally realize what he said. Was he thinking that I told him that on purpose? Just to attract him? Why would he have this kind of weirdly-wired thoughts?!


I suppressed the anger coming out from my heart, and tried to take in deep breaths.


You: This mister right here, I am not playing hard to get with you, it wasn't of my will to be engaged. Please let me go.


I think I've expressed my thoughts very clearly, but Charlie is still putting on an expression as if he's heard something ridiculous.


Charlie: Who was the man with you earlier?


[Choice]

Light: Answer him

Night: Refuse to answer



[Light Choice: Answer him]


Earlier, did he mean Osborn?


Recalling the news that was abruptly cut off, I subconsciously raised my voice.



You: He's an important friend of mine! Do you know where he is? Is he alright?!


Charlie: You seemed to have mixed up with the roles. I am the one who's asking you questions right now. 



You: ... You! 





[Night Choice: Refuse to answer]



You: This does not concern you.


Charlie: But you looked pained. As a fiancé, I became curious.


He leaned by the sofa and smiled at me. But I don't see any bit of curiosity from that smile, only with a clear, obvious provocation.


Such straightforward gaze have made me, who originally had no intentions to answer him, to get even more unsatisfied. I turned my head over, refusing to answer.



Charlie: It's uninteresting to keep putting on the same act. I still prefer someone who's more direct.


He can't actually be thinking that I'm playing hard to get with him again, right? Who on earth actually fed him with such confidence?!




You: Let me off the plane!



Charlie: Then it'll see if you'd agree to my request. No, how would it possible for you to refuse?


He smiles as he shook his head, pulling the bed drawer open, a white veil flutters before me.



Charlie: My request is very simple. Marry me.


You: ???


I was completely stunned from shock, and for an instance it felt like he was sleep talking.


Charlie: Were you so excited that you can't say a thing anymore?


You: ......


Charlie: Although I didn't want to marry you, but since you're this excited, I'll consider for us to be married for three years. Not a single day more. 



Charlie: After three years, I'll announce that we'll divorce due to our broken relationship. But don't you worry, I will not give a single penny lesser when it comes to the alimony you deserve. You will definitely not have a second chance in life to have such a great deal offered to you. You're indeed at your greatest luck.


He casually sat on the sofa, both hands folded on his legs, acting as if he's talking about an absolutely ordinary business, with "I am completely uninterested in you" clearly written all over his face



Charlie: Besides this, there is also one more important thing. You, don't fall in love with me.


He actually shrugged helplessly as he spoke, as if it's mission impossible.


Charlie: I knew this would be too difficult for you, since there wouldn't be anyone in this world that wouldn't be moved when they are facing a perfect man. So I have to tell you clearly in advance, so you wouldn't lose your way. Do you understand now?


He's completely immersed in his train of thoughts, completely ignoring the dumbfounded expressions all over my face.


How in this world could such a self-boasting and pretentious person like this exist? It's wasting so much of my energy just to talk to him!



You: Do you not understand human language? I, do not, for a single bit, want to--


Charlie: The engagement ceremony will occur after the plane lands, prepare yourself well, my fiancée.



Chapter 7-03 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.