Main Story Ch. 7-13 - If It’s the Grand Finale (假如是终曲) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/14/2021 10:34:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 7-11... (read here)


Seeing that the distance between us was only one fist away, he suddenly took a step sideways. A smooth marble floor immediately appeared right in front of my eyes, and it's gradually being magnified in my view.


Bang-- I fell right onto the floor.


Charlie: This lady right here, were you trying to throw yourself into my embrace earlier?



Only ghosts would want to throw themselves into your embrace! You narcissist!


I angrily raised my head to glare at him, wanting to get up, but my elbow hurts so much by merely moving a little. There are many people walking past and noticed me. Those probing or gazes of anticipation of a potential drama unfolding has made me so embarrassed, but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't stand up.


Charlie leans against the wall, both hands in his pockets, only smiling ever so slightly when faced with my angry glares.


Go away, narcissist, just go away already. Standing so ostentatiously on the side like this will only attract more and more people to see this.


But he seemed to be doing this against me, and not leaving on purpose.


[Choice (this choice doesn't affect your night/light ratio)] 


Ask for his help / Climb up yourself



[Choice 1: Ask for his help]


Should I ask him for help?


No no no! My pride doesn't allow me to do so.


Two minutes later--



You (very muffled voice): Can you help me up for a bit?



Charlie: What did you say?


You (very muffled voice): Can you help me up for a bit?


Charlie: Did you guys hear what she said clearly?


The surrounding crowd shook their heads. Charlie squatted down, tilting his head as he looks at me, putting on a pretentious expression that puts me in a difficult situation.



Charlie: Did you say to kiss you for a bit, or to hug you for a bit?


You: ???


Charlie: Miss, it isn't quite suitable for you to make such requests to a stranger, you know? I know I'm good-looking, but you can't play around with your own safety. What happens if you really fell and broke yourself?


You: ?


He's doing this on purpose, he is DEFINITELY doing this on purpose!


I'm so angry that I could almost puke blood, and just when I was about to open my mouth to scold him, he has already pulled me up from the floor.



Charlie: Just as you wished, are you happy?



You: You narcissist! Get away from me! It's the best for me to never see you again in my life!



Charlie: Are you sure?



You: I'm more than certain! All I want right now is to make you disappear right away!



[Choice 2: Climb up yourself]



Charlie: Aren't you tired from raising your head to look at me?


You: ?


Charlie shook his head, squatted down, and looked at me helplessly.


Charlie: If admiring my face would allow you to gain strength to stand up, then I'd be glad to offer my help. But if I didn't see wrongly, were you planning to pounce yourself into my embrace?


I could already feel a blood clot in my heart, if he says anything further, it'd be quite likely for me to vomit it out.



You: Stop talking! It was just an accident!


I stubbornly forced myself to stand up slowly, with only the thought of not wanting to get humiliated by him any further.


You: It's the best for me to never see you for the rest of my life!



Charlie: Are you sure?



You: I'm more than certain! All I want right now is to make you disappear right away!



Charlie: What a hypocrite, saying one but thinking another. I'm only seeing that you're obviously regretting your decision, so you came all the way here to look for me on purpose, no? And you actually managed to find me.


You: Me? Looking for you? Can you stop being such a narcissist? Meeting you is the greatest misfortune of mine. 


Charlie: Really?


He took a few steps closer to me, suddenly grabbing onto my elbow, and twisted it lightly.


You: What are you doing?! Let go of me!


I walked a few steps backwards, but I suddenly noticed my elbow doesn't hurt as much as just now anymore.



Charlie: You'll receive punishments from the gods if you say things against your heart. Why do I only see myself all over your eyes? 


He lifted his hand, and pointed on the corner of his lips.


Charlie: Your lipstick smudged.


Just when I was stunned, he has already disappeared into the corners.


You: What a scary man! Got to bring the rest of the squad away from here, the further from this man, the better!



I limped back towards the deck, but when I was close enough I saw the deck being surrounded by a group of strange men, and judging from their attire, they don't look like the employees in this bar.



An An: Y/N, don't come over!


An An yelled at me, and I stopped my footsteps in alert, but only to see her being violently pressed back to the sofa after she stood up. Mao Ge and Manman have already passed out on the side since long ago, and not sobering up at the moment.


You: !


A man pinching on his cigarette with his half-unbuttoned shirt walked towards me.



??: Yo, quite the beauty aren't you?


You: Who are you?


??: Who am I? How eye-opening for yours truly today, there are actually people entering a night club without knowing MY name?


Another man in a floral-patterned shirt flatteringly lit up his cigarette, and glared at me angrily.



Man in Floral Shirt: This is our Young Boss Chen, who hanging around here wouldn't know him? I'm telling you, this place belongs to him.


You: We don't know you.


Young Boss Chen: Well won't we know each other if we have a chat?


Before he even finish his sentence, I was already dragged towards An An's side by two men, and pressed onto the sofa together.



Young Boss Chen: Which one of you spilled the Sprite on yours truly? Ruining my birthday.


He lifted a leg, kicking a chair nearby to the ground. The metal back of the chair made a loud sound as it collapses, and An An was so scared her voice began to sound like she's about to cry.



An An: It's me who spilled it, I'll compensate you anything you want, don't trouble my friend!


Young Boss Chen: Eh? Alright, drink this.


With a banging sound, a glass* of brandy is placed before us, and I could feel An An's entire body have began to tremble.


*T/N: Brandy has 35% alcohol content. That's... super high.



Young Boss Chen: Drink it yourself, finish every drop of it.


He dragged his tone, placing his emphasis on 'every drop'.


An An: I, I--


I pressed onto An An's arm that is reaching towards the glass, and shook my head towards her. Her lips are already pale, looking at me with traces of tears along her face, with a fully apologetic look.


You: Did you forget that you're allergic to alcohol? Don't drink it.


Young Boss Chen: What are you dilly dallying at?


You: I'll drink it for her.


I threw a reassuring look to her, lifting the glass, closing my eyes, and forced myself to down the entire glass. The burning liquid is cutting through my throat just like a blade, burning and hurting my stomach.


Young Boss Chen: Yo, not bad! One more!


The man in floral shirt understood what he meant, turning around and threw a glance, and in an instant, an entire row of brandy is lined up on the table.



An An: You broke your promise! You promised to let us go after we finished drinking!


Man in Floral Shirt: Did our Young Boss Chen said to only drink a glass? Letting you guys to drink is just because he found you worthy! To be able to drink with our Young Boss Chen, it's the blessing of three lifetimes!


Young Boss Chen: Knowing how to use idioms too? Not bad, huh. It's either you continue drinking until I'm satisfied, or paying the bills for every single person here.


After he finished saying, the group of men behind him began cachinnating. 



An An: You guys- You guys are threatening people, it's illegal!


Young Boss Chen: Shut the hell up!


He violently kicked onto the sofa, and the people surrounding us are all carrying cruel expressions. I held onto An An's freezing hand tightly.


It's pointless to talk sense to these bunch of people, if we kept going along with them, they will only try to play us like puppets even more.


Hearing that this bar belong to him earlier, the idea of asking the bouncers for help is also no longer a viable option.


My handphone is inside my bag, so I can't lodge a police report.


Young Boss Chen: Have you think it through already? I am losing my patience.


The leading man looked at us coldly.


The dazzling and blurry lights are swinging all around the venue, brightening energetic faces one by one, but not brightening the dead atmosphere shrouding us. But I can't fall apart here, I can't.


In the moment of a crisis, a familiar side profile crashed right into my view.


It's him.


Charlie turned over and gazed towards my direction. However, he only stayed for a few seconds, and very quickly kept his gaze back, and began chattering with his companions in low voice.


I immediately stood up from the sofa.


Man in Floral Shirt: Hey, what are you doing? Sit down obediently!



You: I'll look for someone that can pay the bill--



You: Excuse me--


Hearing my voice, the few men surrounding him looked towards me at the same time, one of them even placed his phone down, and blew a whistle.



??: *whistles* Who are you looking for?


I looked directly towards Charlie.


??: Young Master Zha, someone of yours?


Charlie have instead reacted uncharacteristically, pinching a macaroon in a hand, not even lifting his eyelids for a single bit. It's a completely different look from his usual arrogant look.


I settled my feelings down, and walked to his side, lowering my tone.



You: Can you do me a favor?


Charlie slowly bit onto the macaroon, then slowly placed it down. Only then he has slowly opened his eyes, and looked at me coldly.



Charlie: This lady right here, do we know each other?


You: ...... We even met each other at the washroom!


Charlie: Please behave yourself.


You: ???


He actually pretended to not recognize me!


You: I'm--- I'm the one on the plane--


Charlie absentmindedly replied with an 'Oh', pinching between his brows and acted as if it's difficult for him to think for quite a while. Only then, he has finally nodded, as if he has finally found his lost memories.



Charlie: Which plane of mine?


You: How am I supposed to know? You even made me to take medicine on the plane!


??: Young Master Zha, you've only been in GuangQi city for a few days, awesome!


A commotion started in the crowd.



Charlie: You can simply eat your meals, but you can't simply sprout words. Asking for my help is one thing, but what's with slandering me?


As he speaks, he took two steps away from me, as if I was the one that has been stalking him.


Charlie: Why staring at me? There is no such thing as a free lunch in this world.


If it weren't for the sliver of tease from the end of eye that have betrayed him, I could almost doubt if there were memory issues in my head!


He is definitely doing this on purpose, does he want me to submit to him?!


[Choice]



Light: Obey and flatter him

Night: Make fun of him




[Light Choice: Obey and flatter him]


It's very difficult to understand how this narcissist's brains are wired, I'll just give it a try.


I took a deep breath, changing into a smiling face with full of sincerity, widening my eyes as I looked at him pitifully.



You: Young Master Zha, you've only been in GuangQi city for a few days, how great of you!


Charlie stunned for two seconds.


You: You're really full of suave, one in a million, so cool and unruly! Indeed the most perfect creation of the Gods! How could the world have an existence like you, how eye-opening for me!


Pfft-- Charlie, who was drinking immediately spat the water out.


You: I was ignorant to see your greatness in the past, please forgive this humble person's mistake.


I blinked my eyes, trying my best to look really sincere. 


Charlie wiped the corners of his lips in panic, looking at me with a weird expression for quite a while, suddenly leaning to my ear, and spoke softly.



Charlie: Are you begging me? Quite a flexible person yourself, huh.


You: How could you say I was begging? I've never begged someone before, only telling the truth.



Charlie: So you're like this when you aren't fiery.


You: Was I that fiery back then? Haha, I was probably subdued by your charms, and sprouted nonsense for a moment.


Charlie: Oh~ Sprouting nonsense? Then back when you were at the washroom--


You: Well wasn't that because we haven't met for days, and I was once again subdued by your charms, that I can't even walk properly!


I have completely refreshed my view to myself, I've actually been able to sprout such nonsense to this extent with my eyes open.


You: How's that, are you happy?


Charlie: It's alright, since I've heard it too often, it's just an ordinary kind of happiness.


You: ......



Charlie: But I remembered someone said she didn't want to see me forever? Also wanting me to disappear quickly? You're really the embodiment of hypocrisy. 


I suppressed the urge to scold him, and gave him a friendly smile.


You: I was immature back then, and was sprouting childish nonsense. Please, just do me a favor.



Charlie: A favor? Too bad, I'm no philanthropist. 


The way he smiles made me wanted to punch him.


Charlie: A paid favor. I'll give you three seconds to consider.


You: What's the condition?


Charlie: I haven't think it through.


You: You're taking advantage of--


Charlie: 3, 2--



You: I'll agree to it! I'll agree to it!


Facing this extremely unfair condition, I almost growled.




[Night Choice: Make fun of him]


Wanted me to submit to him? No way. 


I take a look of the surroundings, and I could catch the obvious gazes from the people around me, awaiting for a good show to unveil itself.


Since this narcissist pretended to not know me, then I can only make my dazzling debut--


I took a deep breath, simply wiped the makeup on my face, and ruffled my own hair into a mess.


I definitely look terrible right now. That's great!


I raised an eyebrow at Charlie, turned over, and smiled to the crowd.



You: You guys are his friend right? Then you definitely have heard that he has been ditched by someone in the engagement banquet.



Charlie stunned, and immediately widened his eyes, looking at me unbelievably.


??: Didn't Young Master Zha said it took him great efforts to ditch--


A red-haired youngster got his mouth covered by the people by his side just after he spoke.


I've indeed guessed it right, this narcissist would dare to say anything for his own pride.


You: Me claiming that I have to marry him? Why do I remember that it was a certain someone that was begging for me to marry him?


Crowd: ...... 


You: Looks like you guys didn't know anything about this, huh? To be frank, I am the one that ditched him.


Looking at my ghostlike messy look, the crowd have gasped, in so much of surprise that their eyeballs are about to pop out.


Right now, Charlie is looking extremely dissatisfied, just like a cat with someone stepping on its tail.


Excellent, Y/N, go off!



You: Even the all mighty Young Master Zha has a day like this too~ I originally thought our fate has ended. But I didn't expect him to fly all the way here in person, begging for me to go back with him--


Before I can even finish my sentence, Charlie has angrily dragged me to him. With our gazes met, there's a certain something that is quietly fighting in this dizzy glare, tugging each other. After crossing glances for quite a while, he suddenly smiled lightly.



Charlie: Since you've already said so, if I still can't take you with me today, then I'm really not a man anymore.*


*T/N: Nothing additional but... his voice line here is... 👀 It's like a tone where he was talking normally, and suddenly he'll lower his tone and had a hoarse growl at the end? 


Just when he finished saying, he pulled me by my wrist.



Charlie: Let's go. I'll see which blind one that dared to bully my fiancée. 





Chapter 7-16 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.