Main Story Ch. 7-11 - If It’s the Grand Finale (假如是终曲) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

9/13/2021 11:43:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 7-08... (read here)


Codonopsis, White Atractylodes, Poria, Angelica... they are all traditional medicine. There's also a paper that is fully written with cooking and consumption methods.


You: Why is Sariel giving me all these?




On the following day, I woke up super early. I've never been looking forward to work up till this very day.


The early autumn breezes have chased the hotness and stickiness of the heat, making me to have the urge to hasten my footsteps to welcome the brand new season, and I can't wait to embrace the ordinary yet trivial bits of life in future.



Lottery Store Owner: Brand new Scratch-Off is now in the markets, highest prize is 100,000 Yuan. Young lady, do you want to give one a try?


I slowed down my steps, and I actually felt eager to give it a try. Although I've faced quite some unexpected dangers for the past few days, but each time the bad luck will turn well, so I suppose that's still considered as good luck.


You: Well then, how about I'll buy one and give it a try!


I grabbed onto the coin and sincerely scratches the coating, anticipating for the gods to give me a jackpot.


Lottery Store Owner: Ayo! Young lady, you are indeed really lucky, you won 200 Yuan!



You: You flatter me!


I smiled so much my eyes have squinted together, receiving the cash prize from the store owner as I carefully placed it in my bag.


Lottery Store Owner: It has been quite a while since someone scratched out a 200 Yuan. Look at the person over the front, coming here for three continuously, and has never won a single penny.


My gaze followed where he pointed to, and there's a tall figure standing on the edge of the main road not far away from me, with a khaki windbreaker that looks particularly conspicuous among the crowd.



You: Why does it feel a little familiar...


*T/N: Just in case if you didn't know, that person is Charlie. 


As the green traffic light lights up, the crowd have flooded towards the other end of the zebra crossing, and the person has disappeared from my vision very quickly.




Pushing the Group A office door open, the familiar sounds of discussion have welcomed me. Mao Ge is laying on his workstation, and if I didn't guess wrongly he's probably slacking.


Manman who's carrying a glass stunned right where she's at in surprise as soon as she saw me. Sis Zheng Lin has already walked towards me with full of smiles.



Zheng Lin: Y/N, you're here?


I nodded, and just when I was about to greet everyone, Mao Ge has already dashed over to hug me.



Mao Ge: Y/N!!! You've finally appeared! You worried us to death! You didn't know, but An An has found us, and hearing that you didn't come for two days, she almost lodged a police report in panic!



Manman: Yeah, you didn't pick up the phone no matter how we've tried, so we can only help you to apply for leave.



Hao Shuai: We were originally planning to look for you at your place, but we're worried that you might be attending to some personal matters, and it'd be inconvenient for you to see us.


All of them had their fair share of saying, the scorching expressions are sincere and also heartwarming. It feels like we aren't just mere colleagues, but also very important friends to each other.


You: I made all of you worry, thank you for the concern, thank you.


Mao Ge: What have you been caught up within the past two days? Didn't you even have the time to pick up a single call?


I have expected to be questioned in such a way, in order not to let everyone worry, I've already thought of an excuse at home.


You: I just had food poisoning by accident, vomiting and diarrhea for so long, so I've been laying in the hospital for two days. I left my phone at home, so I didn't manage to contact everyone.


Zheng Lin: Are you alright?


You: Yeah, I'm fine now! I also made all of you to split my workload for the past two days, in order to show my gratitude, everyone's milk tea are on me!



Mao Ge: Then I wanted double milk frost! Oh, I need to hurry up and inform An An, she told us to immediately inform her if we have heard anything from you.


I suddenly remembered, just when I was about to reply to An An's text, Sariel has appeared. I didn't even tell her that I'm safe, she must've been so anxious.



An An: Woman! Where the heck have you been to in the past two days?!


Mao Ge has already dialed her number, and An An's loud voice came right out from the speaker, as if it'll climb on my face along with the soundwaves.


You: I'm sorry, I really wasn't doing it on purpose, please spare me some mercy, my queen!


An An: Making me to be so restless for two days, thankfully you're fine. If you disappear, who will feed my cat for me, and who will show support to my mom's terrible cooking?


You: How dare you, so I'm merely a tool man to you?


An An: Of course not! You still owe me three hotpot meals!


You: I'll order it as soon as you're back! With milk tea and ice cream as bonus~


Mao Ge: An Zai*, when will you be back?


*T/N: An Zai (安仔) is Mao Ge's nickname to An An. Basically calling her little An.



You: Wait, An Zai? Didn't the two of you just knew each other? Why are the two of you this close?


An An: Y/N you definitely wouldn't have guessed that Mao Ge and I are actually having the same idol! From now on, he's my brother of different parents!


You: Huh?


Mao Ge: That's right! I saw An Zai's timeline and immediately noticed we have the same idol. Also, we are actually in the same idol support group chat! Although he has always been overseas and we can't see him in person, but it doesn't affect how much we like him at all!


An An: Right Mao Ge, I queued overnight and finally purchased the newest album! I've bought a copy for you too! I'll be flying back in the afternoon, so I'll form a party tonight, and let's get high together tonight! It's on me! I received a great sum of bonus from the project this time! Alright alright, it's boarding time for me, see you tonight!



After working hours, we've hurried towards the appointed bar.



An An has already been waiting at the deck, and dashed over to hug me so quickly as soon as she saw me.


No matter when it was during high school or right now, the An An that will always appear at the first moment whenever I'm facing troubles will forever be an existence like a family member to me.


You: Alright now, am I not being well here?



An An: From now on if you miss a call from me, you'll owe me a hotpot meal, see if I'd eat until you go bankrupt!


You: Okay okay okay, we'll eat hotpot tomorrow.


An An nodded vigorously, and finally let go of me. I could see her reddened eyes under the dim lights.


You: Your makeup will be messy if you continue to cry.



An An: I've spent more than an hour to put it on!


She immediately began to blink, trying her best to hold her tears back.


Mao Ge: This bar is really expensive, heard that the brandy and the cherry cheesecake here are really awesome too!


Mao Ge looked at his surroundings curiously, carefully brushing over his fully waxed fringe.



An An: Feel free to order as you like, it's my treat!


An An opened the Sprite on the table, and took a bold sip.


Mao Ge: An Zai, aren't you going to drink alcohol?


An An: Alcohol allergy, I am not blessed to enjoy it.


An An sighed, and as we converse, a cheesecake is pushed over by a waiter, the cherry embellished on it is red and plump.



Mao Ge: How lavish! As expected from the boss!


An An: May I gain prosperity, and also may Ms. Y/N to stay healthy as always!


Mao Ge and Manman: May An An gain prosperity, and may Ms. Y/N to stay healthy as always!


Four glasses collided into each other, may our friendship last eternally with this clang.


After downing a few glasses of alcohol, Mao Ge has already been slumping left and right on the deck, completely flushed, looking completely like an eel.


An An: never drunk, you say? Mao Ge, you're too embarrassing.


Mao Ge: Is that my problem? It's the alcohol's problem, it's too easy to get drunk from it. Hehe, *hiccup*, I can still drink a lot in my dreams...


Manman on the other side has already hugged with An An, complaining about her unromantic boyfriend so loudly.


You: Unbelievable, I'm actually the best drinker among us?!



But the so-called best-drinker is actually just having a slightly better alcohol tolerance than the rest, and I do feel a little drunk. I could barely recognize the washroom's location, and turned the water faucet in blur as I washed my face.


Yet just when I stepped out from the washroom, the door behind me that was just close was suddenly pushed open, and pushed me outwards!


I stumbled and missed two steps on the stairs, and I can't even manage to break my movements!


The more fearsome thing is, I noticed that I'm facing right at a certain someone standing at the  male washroom entrance. It's somebody that I do not wish to see in my entire life.


Yet right now, I am falling right towards his direction with an unstoppable force.


This isn't even the worst. My fate is planning to tell me that bad things come in threes.



Charlie: *scoffs* ......


Seeing that the distance between us were only one fist away, he suddenly took a step sideways. A smooth marble floor immediately appeared right in front of my eyes, and it's gradually being magnified in my view.


Bang-- I fell right onto the floor.



Charlie: This lady right here, were you trying to throw yourself into my embrace earlier?





Chapter 7-13 can be read here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.