[Light and Night Event] Sariel's Birthday Event: Part 1: Pre-Quest Story || 光与夜之恋 活动05 齐司礼生日・ 轻云寻隐・山水与图志:前置剧情

8/29/2021 03:05:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Disclaimer(s) as of 29 Aug:

- This event for Sariel's birthday is basically about the same as Charlie's in terms of event mechanics.

- After completing Part 1 of the event by unlocking all 5 locations for the travel itinerary, you get to continue on part 2 of the event by painting memory notes.

- Birthday story will be unlocked on 1 Sept (Sariel's birthday). Expected to require battling just like Charlie's birthday.



I stood in front of the main entrance of Sariel's house, took a deep breath, raised an arm--


As for the reason why I'm here today, we'll have to go back to a week ago.



Zheng Lin: Y/N, I'll need your help to sort the documents over there.


Just when I was drowning in the stash of materials in boredom, a special document immediately gave me a boost of energy.


You: Birthday party for staff born in September...


Sariel's birthday, 1st of September!


I widened my eyes in surprise, and read the document all over again in a serious manner to ensure I did not read it wrongly.


I didn't expect to know his birthday through such a manner...



You: Although Sariel didn't tell me his birthday in person, but since I've already got to know about this, then I should celebrate it for him, right?


I set a reminder on my phone, and began to seriously think about how I can prepare a special birthday for him.



You: I'll have to first know the flavor he likes in order to prepare a cake for him... I can't show that I'm coming here for intel later, I must act like I've passed by to scrounge food.


After putting on a desperate expression to look like I had no choice but to ask for help, I pressed on the doorbell.


The mid-mountain winds are not gentle, and the winds blowing to my face are even a little cold, but it has added some courage and excitement onto my nervous heart.


"Ding Dong--" 


The doorbell just rang, and the door has been opened in an impatient manner, along Sariel's cold voice that could be heard.



Sariel: You actually knew how to come back?


Seeing that it was actually me who was standing at his entrance, he stunned slightly, then rubbed between his brows with a trouble look, and the tightened frown he originally had has soothed out a little.


Sariel: It's you?



You: Uh, it's me.


Why is the situation so different from what I've imagined? Is Sariel waiting for someone?


You: About that, director, I coincidentally passed by this place, but I couldn't find the path to descend the mountains...



Sariel: Coincidentally passing by? Passing by somewhere halfway up in the mountains?


You: Actually I was... Hiking.


Sariel: Why didn't I know you'd have hiking as a hobby?


You: Well I'm an office worker, so I needed to exercise more.



Sariel: So you've coincidentally hiked this mountain, coincidentally lost your way, but coincidentally found my house?


He blinked very slowly, smiling a little teasingly, but he didn't seem angry at all.


You: It's just the same as the time you coincidentally passed by my house after you went to the vet on the other day*.


*T/N: Chapter 7 reference. MC disappeared for days after being 'kidnapped' and missed work for days. Sariel kept going to her residential area in hopes to at lease see what happened to her. I'll translate them after Chapter 6 is done so please enjoy the context here for now!



Sariel: ......


Sariel's smile immediately disappeared without a trace, and slightly turned his face away.



Sariel: It was really a coincidence at that time.


You: Yes, yes, yes, what a coincidence. So Director Qi, can you temporarily take me in for a while? I didn't bring any food, I'm not only hungry now, and I'm even a little dizzy.


Sariel: ...... Come in then.



Sariel: Wait. Wash your hands at the entrance first.


We haven't seen each other for a few days, but Sariel's mysophobia* seemed to have became more serious. 


*T/N: Extreme or irrational fear of dirt or contamination.


You: Right, who were you expecting to come just now?


Sariel: Noone.


Sariel denied it, but it seems like he realized his tone earlier was harsh, and explained a little further.



Sariel: I thought it's the takeout deliveryman.


You: You actually eat takeout?!*


*T/N: Sariel is extremely picky on food so yes, this is very surprising.


Sariel: ... Occasionally.


You: Then what kind of takeout do you usually eat? Are there anything else besides salad? Are there anything that you can't eat? For example, are you allergic to tropical fruits? Or do you like chocolates? What kind of sweetness level is acceptable for you in sweets? Would you like things that are a little bitter like matcha?


I followed behind Sariel as I asked him questions endlessly, and completely didn't notice him to have stopped his footsteps. By the time I'm finally able to react to the situation, my face has already crashed into his back.



You: Sss... Why did you suddenly stop walking?



Sariel: I'm thinking if I was fooled by you. You don't look like someone who's so weak that you're about to faint, and instead looking very much alive and kicking.


You: ......


Although he's been saying that, but he still opened the refrigerator, picking a few boxes of vegetables and another box of pork ribs from it. 


By the time he has put on the apron, I've consciously stood by his side and rolled up my sleeves.



Sariel: Just sit still by the dining table. I don't wish to see my kitchen getting bombed.


You: ... Okay.


After waiting for about half an hour, two dishes and a soup are served on the table. I gave it a sip, and quietly remembered in my heart, that Sariel likes his ribs a little sweet. He also likes to drink tea, so how about I make a matcha cake that has slight bitterness with its sweetness? 


Sariel: I'll send you off the mountains after you finished eating, I'm just about travel to somewhere far too.


You: You're traveling somewhere far?!


Thinking of the celebration plan for his birthday, I suddenly panicked. Sariel glanced at me suspiciously.


You: Where are you going to? When will you be back?



Sariel: I'm looking for somebody. Not sure when I'll be back.


Then what happens if it's past 1st of September? Then won't my plans all go in vain?!



Sariel: What kind of weird thoughts are you having with that expression of yours?


You: Sariel, can I tag along? I'm saying, I haven't been traveling somewhere far too, so I wanted to go out and look at the scenery!


Sariel: ......



Sariel: I'm going to the Lightcloud Swamps, that place doesn't suit you.


Lightcloud Swamps? I tried my best to search for this unfamiliar name in my mind, then happened to glance at the opened ancient book on the reading table, and immediately recalled it.



Lightcloud Swamps is the name of a place in old times, located in the southern suburbs of Guangqi city, relying on the waters to form a large forest. 



It's a pity that as the time have came into the modern times, most of the trees have been felled, and the waters have also dried unknowingly. Right now, what's probably left there is the abandoned "Lightcloud Station". 



About Lightcloud Swamp, there is also an ancient legend about this place.


According to the legend, Lightcloud Swamp has a mysterious island that is like the arcadia. 



I can't help but to look at the ancient Guangqi map drawn on the yellowing pages of the ancient book lying on the table.


Is Sariel really going to Lightcloud swamp, a mysterious place that has long disappeared? What kind of people can he find there?


Although there are full of questions in my head, but I still proactively raised my hand.


You: Then you HAVE to bring me with you! If it's to search for someone, then I might be able to help you, there's strength in numbers after all.



Sariel: Are you hiding something from me?


You (awkward): So you've seen through me, actually... I have been looking forward to see Lightcloud Swamp for a long time, also it's inherently human to help those in need. This is the one and only time in my life to...


As if he's already having a headache from my mumblings, Sariel gestured me to stop talking by raising an arm.



Sariel: Alright. But I'll tell you in advance, there's no room for regrets once you've arrived there.



Check out other parts of event story below!

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.