Main Story Ch. 5-08 - His Boundaries (他的边界线) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/21/2021 05:43:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Previously on 5-03...(Read here)

 

Bob: Jiang Lai, let's go.


They glanced at me with a complicated look, then turned over, and disappeared from my view.



Until I stood before the sink, Bob's words are still wrapping around my mind, and I'm unsure of what I am currently feeling. I have never placed too much care about how opponents look down on me, and I also believe in the fairness among the jury. So those words didn't affect me.


It's just-- What makes me feel heavy is the reprimands related to Warson's future. It's my official and meaningful debut as a designer, will people love my works when they see it? Or will they find it out of Warson's usual standards?


A blister has already appeared on the spot I was burned earlier, but I have no intentions to care about it, only simply let the sink waters to run over it for a bit. Just when I was about to turn off the faucet, somebody gently held onto my wrist.


??: If you don't take care of your burn injury, it'll leave a scar.



You: ... President Lu?


Why is he here...



You: I'm fine--


Evan, however, immediately pulled my wrist and placed it under the flowing waters once again.



Evan: Be a good girl.


His slightly commanding tone made unable to help myself but to startle a little, so I quietly turned my face away. Because we're standing too close to each other, his side profile appears a little blurry in my view, only the pair of focused and gentle eyes that looks gradually clearer.


At the next moment, Evan faced over and met my gaze. A smile gradually appears from his eyes.


Evan: Tell me if it hurts.


You: Okay...


Until the sounds of the flowing waters stopped, Evan's still holding onto my wrist without letting it go.


He took a portable alcohol swab from his pocket with another hand, tears it open, and applied it over the blister.



Evan: I'll be gentle, bear with me for a little.


You: Okay. But how are you even carrying this with you?


Evan blinked, and his smile is even more apparent now.


Evan: Because... I'm Doraemon. How's that? Do you want to reward me with a dorayaki?


You: Pfft...


After seeing me laughing, Evan laughed too.


Evan: I was joking, I took it from the first-aid kit from the lounge.


You: It's my first time hearing a CEO saying he's Doraemon.


Evan: Is that a bad thing?


You: No, I was just a little surprised to hear that coming out from your lips.


Evan: Then what will the me in your eyes say?


I gave it a thought, and spoke seriously--


You: I feel like what you say will be words that are deep and meaningful, on topics like finance, life, destiny or the sort. I did not expect it to be a cartoon, and I can't even imagine a scene of you watching cartoons.


Evan focused on what I've said, and by the time he finishes listening, he can't help himself but to raise an eyebrow.



You: Did I say something wrong?



Evan: No, you aren't wrong at all. However, if anything I say or do must have a meaning, life would be very tiring. There's still a need to empty the mind from time to time. Actually, before you say that I'm like Doraemon, I have never watched this cartoon before. I got very curious, and I also wanted to see how this person that seems very similar to me would look like. In the end--


Evan paused for a bit, and a sliver of faked anger flashed past his eyes.



Evan: In the end it's actually a robot cat. This naïve young lady is actually comparing me to a robot cat, but each time she sees me, she's looking all respectful yet timid.


You: I was just simply saying it... No no, you're way smarter than it!


What am I saying, why does it get weirder as I say more...


Evan: Do you like Doraemon?


You: I like it.



Hearing that, Evan started smiling, and seemed to be in a great mood. Why are my cheeks getting hotter when he stopped talking?


The atmosphere is quiet, only the sounds of our breaths crossing with each other.


*stomach rumbling noises*


My stomach suddenly rumbled, making me to feel even more awkward.



You: Uh, I--


Evan: It's lunchtime, follow me, I'll bring you out for lunch.



Chapter 5-10 can be read here



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.