Main Story Ch. 4-09 - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/04/2021 05:35:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on 4-07 (Read here)


HR: I forgot to inform you, Director Qi can't take spicy food, so please don't mix them up.


I looked at the box of lunchbox in my hand, it's the same Kung Po chicken rice, but I didn't smell anything spicy.


You: So this is his lunchbox?!



Mao Ge: Manman, I'll go to the seminar in this afternoon too!


Mao Ge pants as he rushed in, and downed the water in big gulps.



Manman: ... Aren't you on a business trip?


Mao Ge: I purposely changed my flight ticket, I'd be regretting for the rest of my life if I were to miss out on such a rare seminar!


Manman: Sure sure, let's go together! Also with Y/N, and Hao Shuai!


I lied onto the desk, and absent-mindedly drew my design draft.



Zheng Lin: Y/N, why are looking absent-minded? Is this the shoe you've designed? It's a lot more delicate than the past.


You: Thank you, sis Zheng Lin.


I returned to my senses, and looked at the page of design draft in front of me. A smooth shoe shape, an improvised retro heels in a grey gradient that sparkles with tiny bits of light... everything here are having a great difference from my first draft. I was about to let Sariel to have a look after finishing it... but since I've accidentally made him ate chili from 2 days ago, he hasn't been coming to the office.


The sense of guilt has already filled my entire chest.


No matter how it is, I should really apologize and thank him in person. With a strong impulse, I used the fastest speed to pack my things.


You: I'm sorry, I have something on that I need to take leave!


Manman: Ah? But aren't we going to attend the seminar after work--



Mao Ge: Yeah, that's a world-famous shoe designer in the industry, even the entrance ticket prices are sky-high now!


You: But I really have something more important to do, sorry! Please help me to record the seminar contents with a recording pen.


I purchased some medication at the pharmacy nearby the office, and boarded a cab to head to Sariel's workshop. Even though I don't know if the address of his workshop that I've heard from Mao Ge was correct or not, and even though I'm not sure if Sariel is over there, but at least, my heart will only be at ease if I head over to have a look.


[Location: In Evan's Office]



Evan stood before the French windows, looking at the girl's tiny figure as she runs in a hurry.



Zhou Yan: According to the investigation results, HCP18407's abnormality is indeed related to Y/N.


Zhou Yan placed a report onto the table, but Evan have only simply glanced towards the direction, and turned his gaze back downstairs.



Evan: Investigate all information about her.


The girl that was standing by the roadside waiting for the cab is already gone.


He didn't say a thing, only drooping his gaze, and fall into a deep thought.


As soon as I got off the cab, only that I've realized how far it is from the city center. Rather than calling it quiet, I'd rather call it a desolated wilderness. Weeds are growing everywhere on both sides, and there's only a meandering small path before me.


You: Would Sariel really be in such a place?


I'm a little doubtful, but still walked forward head on. However, just when I've taken a couple steps, the sky is suddenly pouring.



You: What's wrong, wasn't it sunny earlier?


The sky looked like it's been sliced into two halves, the sunny skies from distant and the dark clouds above me have shown a great contrast, it's just like the special effects that'd only appear in a movie.


I didn't bring an umbrella, so I can only pick up my bag and run forward under the rain.


You: 300 meters to the south, then turn left and go uphill... There's no more road here?


A giant tree blocked in the middle of the road, and behind it is a muddy slope. The rain falls heavily, and all I can hear are the rustling sounds of the leaves.


After hesitating for a few seconds, I turned around and walked towards another road. However, the same situation appeared again. There's another tall poplar tree standing right in the middle of the road, with a glance, I can only see the forest.



You: Are there really humans living here?



I examined the tall tree in front of me with full of doubt, but suddenly noticed a sign on the extended tree trunk with a  wild-cursive "Qi" written on it.


You: !



Following the direction of where the tree trunk has extended to, there's actually a trail appearing within the originally messy forest. At its end, there's a house in wood color.


You: Why did I not notice this path earlier?


The louder and louder sounds of rain made me to have no time for thinking. I walked along the trail, and indeed, I can see the symbol of Sariel's workshop. Until I've hid under the eaves, the rain suddenly stopped, as if someone has pressed the pause button, and it's as if it has immediately disappeared.


You: The weather today is too weird.


I tidied up my half-drenched hair, and nervously pressed on the doorbell.


You: What should I say when I see him later... Let's send him a gift and apologize, since I'm the one that made him sick. Then wish him for a speedy recovery to return to the office.


However, 5 minutes have passed, but the door is still tightly shut.


You: Did he not hear it?


I pressed the doorbell again, but there's still nobody that opened the door.


You: Could it be that he isn't here? ... That's true too, I should've at least told him before I come over. What should I do, do I go back first?


But I don't know how Sariel's condition is like now, I kept feeling uneasy. There's no sound from behind the door. I stood under the eaves, unsure of what to do.


You: How about I--


"Click".



Sariel: If I don't open the door, are you going to just keep waiting?


You: Director Qi!


Perhaps it was because I got caught in the rain, I can't help myself but to sneeze. After Sariel got stunned for a few seconds, he reached out an arm and held onto the door frame. The slightly disdained look on his face is a little pale, and exuding a sliver of tiredness.


Sariel: Come in.


You: Thank you.



As soon as I entered the door, a wafting sandalwood scent could be smelled. Sariel pulled out a pair of brand new men's cotton slippers, and threw it onto the floor.


Sariel: Change your shoes.


The men's slippers are big, I dragged my steps as I trot to follow his footsteps.



The entire building looks a whole lot larger from the outside, the two floors are connected by a spiral staircase. It's just that his furniture are so little as if he's just moved in, with each and every item are placed neatly, that even the wrench and screwdriver placed right in the middle of the table are placed on the same horizon.


Is he fixing something?


There's a giant tropical glass jar at the corner, with a tiny lizard sleeping backwards with its limbs all in the air. Is this Sariel's pet?


The lizard gave me a glance, calmly flipped over, and continued sleeping. The defiant demeanor is exactly the same as Sariel!



Sariel: Done looking around? 


I quickly stood properly, nodding, then shook my head, and dared not to look around anymore.


Sariel: Why are you here?


You: I've heard that you've fallen sick, so I brought some medicine. Also, I wanted to apologize to you... I'm sorry, Director Qi, I didn't know you can't take spicy food. But now I'll remember, and I'll never make similar mistakes again!



Sariel: Enough, I can hear you, don't need to be so loud.


Sariel held onto his forehead, immediately voiced out to stop me.


You: Alright, then I'll be quieter.


Sariel: You're here only for this?


You: Yeah.


Unsure why, Sariel's mood seems to look a little better.


Sariel: If I chose not to open the door, do you plan to keep waiting just now?


You: Well not really, I was about to leave a note for you and place the medicine on the door, but you opened the door just in time.



Sariel's lips immediately drooped, showing a "just as expected" expression on his face.


You: Since I've invited myself here, it's pretty much disturbing.


Sariel: You're still here even you knew it's disturbing me?


You: I'm worried about you.


Sariel: Thank you for your useless concern, but I'm doing well.


You: Yeah! It's great to know you're alright, then I'll head back first.


Just when I pulled out a big bag of medicine from my bag, a soft towel suddenly covered my head.



Sariel: Take it. Don't come near my room, dry yourself and leave on your own.


I have yet to even responded, and the door before me has closed shut.


You: ... Thank you!


??: This Lao Qi is really like a piece of wood, not knowing how to take a hint.


You: What sound was that?


I startled, looked around, but I didn't see anyone around.


You: ... Did I have a hallucination?


"Crash!"


A crisp sound could be heard from the bedroom, then followed by a crash-- This is a solid and dull sound.


What's wrong?!


You: Director Qi?


I knocked onto the door, but there was no response.


You: Director Qi, are you alright? ... It can't be possible that he's collapsed from sickness?


The more I think, the more plausible I think it is, I can't care much of his warning, and stubbornly pressed onto the door handle--





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.