Main Story Ch. 4-12 - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/06/2021 12:10:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on 4-09... (Read Here)


What's wrong?!


You: Director Qi?


I knocked onto the door, but there was no response.


You: Director Qi, are you alright? ... It can't be possible that he's collapsed from sickness?


The more I think, the more plausible I think it is, I can't care much of his warning, and stubbornly pressed onto the door handle--




Opening the door, there are only bits of light pouring through the thick curtains, the entire room is dim.


On the floor it lies a pure white blanket, and the one curling himself within it is Sariel himself!


Face pale, eyes shut.



You: Director Qi! Are you alright?!


I quickly dragged Sariel's arm, wanting to bring him to the bed, but sadly, due to our difference in weight, I can't even drag him at all.


You: Director Qi?


I lightly patted his face.


You: Hurry and wake up, Director Qi, you have to get to the bed.


Sariel's eyelashes twitched as his brows turned into a frown, I could almost feel that a line of "so noisy" would come out from his mouth on the next second.


He's sick now, it can't do if he kept lying on the ground. I pulled up my sleeves, and pulled away the blanket that is getting in the way, but something lightly held onto my wrist.


The pair of eyes suddenly opened a little. He lowered his head and glanced towards the blanket that rolled towards the side of his legs, and raised his head, completely stunned.



Sariel: You... what are you doing?


You: ... It isn't what you think!


My palms turned boiling hot, but as I struggle to take my hand back, he held onto my wrist with greater strength.


You: You fell down, I was about to bring you back to the bed! This blanket is getting in the way... I was absolutely not thinking about anything else!


A light tint of blush gradually climbed up to Sariel's cheeks, he massaged his temples, and let out a couple of coughs.


Sariel: Can you be more stupid?



You: I, I--


I could feel myself almost exploding from embarrassment and distress, and I can't wait to bury myself into the grounds, but a sliver of strangeness has surfaced from my heart. The air suddenly becomes a little dense, almost like I could smell a faint scent of flowers.


I gazed upwards, and noticing that Sariel is also looking at me.


In his golden pupils contains the tenderness that is different from usual times, like the rays of the sun have all being grinded into powder, pouring into his eyes.


"Drip--" 


The sounds of the water drop has broke this silence.


I turned over, and he loosened the hand that was holding tightly onto my wrist.


Borrowing my strength, Sariel supported his body, and strenuously lied onto the bed, and fall into deep sleep once again. Unlike the languid way of sleeping position that I've imagined, he sleeps straightly, with his feet lightly curling up, and his brows still maintaining the frown.


You: Frowning even when asleep, are there anything that's causing his uneasiness?


I leaned towards the bedside, quietly looking at him.


Sariel: Mm...


Sariel let out a balderdash with a low voice, with a flushed face, and his hair is a little messy, and he actually looks a little pitiful.


I reached out an arm to touch his forehead.


You: It's a fever...


I then noticed the glass of water on the cabinet, and the antipyretics by the glass, and a few more pills scattered on the ground. 


The sound just now... he probably fell down by accident when he wanted to get up and take his medication.


I lightly held his head, holding the glass of water and placed the medicine to his lips.


You: Director Qi, wake up, how about sleeping after taking your medicine, is that alright?


Sariel: .....


You: Director Qi? Hurry and wake up, you're having a fever, you have to eat your medication.


Sariel: So noisy-- Mm!


The moment when he opened his mouth, I quickly took the opportunity to send all of the medicine into his mouth.


You: That's a good boy.


I then looked for a small towel, wetting it and covered it onto his forehead.


Drip.


The Sariel now in his dreams frowned, and gave his blanket a kick.


Drip.


He fumbled for the quilt, and strenuously covered it onto his face.


You: ?


Drip.


Sariel turned around here and there, if he weren't asleep, I'd think that he would be jumping up and start scolding.


You: Sigh...


I walked towards the French window, preparing to close the windows, but suddenly noticing that the was no water accumulated over the beams, then this sound of water drop--



I gazed around the courtyard, and suddenly I understood the why there was a wrench on the living room's table, so it's the pipe that is broken.


Carefully carrying the tool to the courtyard, and made a brief research, I noticed that there isn't a major problem with the pipe, all I needed to do is to screw up the loose part.


You: This should do!



I nodded in satisfaction. Just when I was about to return indoors, a snow-white fur ball attracted my attention, there's also a clothespin by its side.


Did it get blown off by the wind?


I picked up the fur ball, the smooth and soft touch made me feel like I was touching a tame kitten.


You: Since I've already fixed the pipes, might as well as washing this too.


By the time I finished everything and returned indoors, Sariel is already deep asleep. Perhaps the medication has started to take effect, his breathing has gradually calmed down, and his knitted brows have also soothed quite a bit.


You: I'm really sorry for this time, for making you to have fever... However, it'd be nice if you can be this obedient after waking up.


I helped him to tuck his blanket, suddenly, there's something that brushed past my palm. It's just like the touch of the fur ball, and it even brings some warmth.


You: ?


A strand of white, fluffy thing came out from the thick blanket.


You: ...!


My mind suddenly turned blank.


That's... a tail?


When this ridiculous word came into my mind, I can almost feel that I was daydreaming. But no matter how I've blinked, the sight before my eyes are still unchanged. It's too real.


Could it be some new fabric? Or a doll that Sariel placed on his bed? Or could it be--


I squeezed my brain juices to think of the various possibilities, and a couple of words came out from my messy thoughts: talent, Strains, Erdas...


You: ... No way!


The snow white tail suddenly twitched and curled up.


It moved! Could it really be Sariel's--


I took a deep breath, and keep telling myself to calm down. On the next second, it seems to have heard what I've said internally, lightly curling up, and wagged a little. As if it's telling me, to not be afraid.


You: ......


Perhaps it's because I didn't feel any threat from it, or perhaps it's because that is Sariel, my panicking heart has started to gradually calm down a little.



Unknowingly, a pair of sharp ears popped out from the short, silvery hair. Snow white and small, with a bit of pink tinted on the tip of the ears. As if I've already accepted the existence of the tail, I am no longer feeling overly surprised with this pair of small ears.


You: It isn't really scary... At least not as scary as how he is in the office. It's even a little cute...


The spacious room is silent, and the pair of little ears straightened up. Stunned, I stared at it for a few seconds, and subconsciously reached out an arm and lightly touched it.


The snow white figure immediately got tinted with a layer of pink.


As if I've done something bad, I quickly retracted my hand, and my heart beats extremely fast. It's just that in my heart, this feels weirdly familiar, as if it wasn't my first time touching this pair of pointy ears.




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.