Main Story Ch. 4-14 - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/07/2021 09:28:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on 4-12... (Read Here)


The spacious room is silent, and the pair of little ears straightened up. Stunned, I stared at it for a few seconds, and subconsciously reached out an arm and lightly touched it.


The snow white figure immediately got tinted with a layer of pink.


As if I've done something bad, I quickly retracted my hand, and my heart beats extremely fast. It's just that in my heart, this feels weirdly familiar, as if it wasn't my first time touching this pair of pointy ears.




Under the warm sun, Sariel donning in fully white outfit stood before me with a kind smile.




Sariel: Thank you for today. I've recovered this quickly thanks to your care. How about this, I'll not scold you from now on, and feel free to ask me anytime if there's anything that you don't understand in designing.


Weird, why is Sariel this gentle? Could I be dreaming?!


You: Really? Can I? I'll help myself then!


I immediately handed in my design draft to him, but I could feel something fluffy brushing past my nose, and it's a little itchy.


You: A-choo!


Staggering, I fell down to the floor on my face, and the cold touch immediately made me open my eyes.


Sariel: Did you sleep happily?



In my blurry vision, Sariel sat by his bedside, frowning, and is looking at me from above.


You: ?!


How did I ended up lying down on his bedroom floor? Did I fell asleep just now? The kind and gentle Sariel was really just a dream!


Sariel: Why were you calling my name while dreaming?


You: ! H- How would I know that I'd dream of you...


Sariel: You even smiled happily.



You (pouting): ... You even kicked your blanket while sleeping!


Sariel, who was drinking, choked out of surprise.


A ray of light passed through the slits of the curtains, his pair of eyes that are always cold now looks watery under the sunlight. It seems like his fever has receded, it's just that his face still looks a little pale.


You: Umm, are you feeling any better?


Sariel: Thanks to you messing things up, I'm a lot better.


You: That's good to know.


I let out a breath of relief, subconsciously looking at his soft hair, but the two tiny ears have long disappeared.


Sariel gave me a firm look, with a sliver of obviousness exuding from his gaze, and scoffed softly.


Sariel: Just say it out if you have any questions.


You: ... Is it alright?


I thought he'd be strictly ordering me to forget about it, but he didn't. He only looked at me calmly and quietly, waiting for my inquiry.


You: Guess it's better not to ask. Don't worry, I will not tell this matter to anyone else.


Sariel: Of course I'd know about that.


You: You knew?


Sariel nodded with a calm expression. Is this person never worried at all? Or could it be, that he trusts me?



Sariel: Even if you say it out, there aren't going to be anyone believing it. They will only think that something here isn't right with you.


He lifted his index finger and lightly tapped on his temple.


The mini heartthrob and joy turned into nothingness in an instant. I turned my head away, imitating Sariel's usual demeanor, and scoffed softly.


You: I won't let people think that I'm not normal here, so I won't say it out!


I felt something that isn't right after saying that, why do I feel like I was cheated to?


Sariel: Aren't you afraid? People have been in never-ending conflicts when they get along with each other, what more it is to the unknown?


You: If I wanted to say that I'm not afraid, actually I was a little scared at the beginning. But there are too much unknown in the world, if I'm so afraid of this and that, might as well as locking myself up in the room. Also I think that you look quite cute just now...


Sariel: What were you muttering about?



You: Nothing. I just wanted to say that you have been helping me out for all these while, why would you suddenly put me into danger?


Sariel stunned for a moment, lifting an arm up as if he wanted to cover something up, but there's an unobvious tint of redness brushing past his eat.


Sariel: Is your zodiac a bird? I've been listening to your non-stop chirping since you've woke up, so noisy.


You: You're the one that asked me...


Sariel: Are you done with your design draft?


I kept feeling that this switch of topic is a little awkward, but I didn't expose him, and nodded instead.


Sariel: Did you bring it?


You: Eh?


Sariel: I'll not entertain if the time has past.


You: I'll bring it over immediately!



Sariel: By the way, tidy up your hair too, it's so messy, like a bird's nest.


You (flustered): ... Alright, don't look anymore!


Looking at the girl holding onto her head as she ran out from his room angrily, Sariel lightly scoffed, and a smile gradually appeared from his lips. The tail that has originally disappeared suddenly came out from his back and started wagging.


A buzzing sound of vibration suddenly came out from the room. Sariel picked up the girl's phone and placed it on the desk, and accidentally glanced onto the words on the screen.


Li Manman's Message: There are so much that we've harvested from today's seminar, it's such a pity that you didn't come. But what are you so busy about that you're in such a hurry?


The smile froze at the corner of his lips, a helpless sigh echoed in the room.



Sariel: ... This idiot.


As I walk past the living room holding onto the design draft, I saw such a scene. Sariel sitting on the sofa, pinching between his brows, as if he's fallen into a deep thought.


Hearing my footsteps, he raised his head, seriously examining me.


You: Director Qi, is there something wrong?


Sariel moved his gaze away, and pointed towards the handphone on the table with his finger.


Sariel: I'm looking at a single-cell organism that always loses her things everywhere.


Only then I realized that my pockets are already empty, my phone probably fell onto the rug when I was asleep just now.


Sariel: Do you know that there's a famous shoe designer visiting Guangqi for a seminar?


You: Have you heard about it too? I was about to prepare to go there.


Hearing this, Sariel suddenly stood up and walked directly towards me. The way he stared at me gave me internal goosebumps that I kept moving backwards, until I've arrived the wall.



Sariel: Why didn't you go after obtaining a ticket? You clearly knew that you lack experience, but you're missing out such a rare opportunity. Who let you to decide on your own to come over my place? Is your brain merely decorative? 


Shouldn't I be the one that is feeling pity?


Sariel: Not paying attention to the things that you should be paying attention to, but remembering all sorts of nonsense instead.


Why does he say it in such a way as if he's the one that has missed out on the seminar?


You: But you're sick because I gave you the wrong lunchbox, I can't just sit there and do nothing...


Sariel: If you like to butt in to others' businesses, how about first managing your own competition?


I stared at him blankly, there's a single thought that I am now certain of.


You: Director, are you worrying about me?


Sariel (scoffs): ... How could I be worrying about you? Don't flatter yourself.


Sariel opened his mouth a little, as if he was about to reprimand me on something again, but ended up closing his mouth. He's still supporting himself with an arm on the wall, maintaining a posture to look downwards as he steadily looked at me. A strand of crimson gradually tints his ears.


Unsure if it was because of his bright eyes, or was it because of the overly-dazzling sun from outside of the windows, I suddenly feel a little dizzy, and my cheeks are starting to feel a little hot.


I can only lower my head to cover my internal panic.


You: Director, if there aren't anything else then I'll go back first--


Just when I finished my sentence, the design draft in my hand is taken away by Sariel.


Sariel: Is this your modified draft?


You: Yes... I wanted to make the most comfortable high heels...



Sariel: Designing a shoe without basing on a shoe tree, the foot arch's design is incompatible to human ergonomics, the color transition is as harsh as a QR code. What kind of humanitarian spirit did I hold onto, that I would actually be expecting something from you?


On the next second, he pulled my wrist without letting me to refute.



Sariel: Follow me.




Read Chapter 4-16 Here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.