Main Story Ch. 5-20 - His Boundaries (他的边界线) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/25/2021 04:04:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 5-18... (Read here)


-- That's Evan's ring!


For that one moment, there's only a clear voice echoing in my world.


I promised Evan to never take off the ring no matter what happens. I can't take my words back.


I closed my eyes, and leaped into the fountain.


.

.



Splash--! The fountain waters covered my entire body in an instant, the freezing sensation drills into every part of my body, even my bones are starting to ache.


You: It's so cold!


Isn't it summer right now? How could it be this cold?


I muttered internally as I struggle to move my arms like a clumsy fish.


You: Where exactly is it...?


Whatever I could see from the bottom of the waters are only plain blue. The flow of the waters are just like bandages tightly wrapping around me, giving me the illusion as if I'm now inside the depths of the seas.


I can't hold my breath for any longer, so I subconsciously gasped lightly for air, but the fountain waters choked me as soon as they entered my throat, and my body kept sinking downwards uncontrollably.


I can't help myself but to think about the boy who suddenly disappeared earlier. Did he also choked on so much of water earlier, so much that he can't do anything about it anymore?


I then remembered Evan, I wonder if it's because they have a pair of similar eyes? If Evan's here, he probably wouldn't allow me to jump in.


I suddenly got angry at myself, there were clearly better methods, why did I even decide to jump in?


My mind started to get dizzy from holding my breath, so I can only speed up my search. Just when I thought I couldn't make it anymore, a ray of light flashed before my eyes. Following the light, I can finally see the familiar ring laying on the stacked cobblestones.


You: ... Is it the ring?!


I swam over in joy and surprise, and just when I was about to reach an arm out, the cobblestones suddenly began scattering!


The calm flows of water suddenly made whooshing sounds, and only within a few seconds, they are circling around me just like the typhoons.


It feels like there's a pair of transparent hand is pressing me downwards, and pressing me downwards very hard.


You: ......



My breathing is getting difficult, and the waters continuously entered from my nostrils and mouth. I hold onto the ring that I once lost very tightly, and I never have imagined that I'd be leaving the world in such a manner.


Just when my consciousness was about to perish, Evan's face appeared before my mind once again.



Him cleaning my wounds seriously at the backstage of the show venue...



Him calmly helped me to avoid the drinking situation in the lively banquet...



Evan: As long as you believe in it, I will be your spell from now on.


I closed my eyes, and allowed my heart to make its choice.


You: Evan!


At that very moment, the giant waves crashes along with the shaking grounds. The blurs have covered the skies and the grounds, as if it's about to trap me in this world eternally.


I heard someone calling out for my name in a trance.


The world suddenly became quiet.



Evan: Fear not, I'm here.


I quickly opened my eyes, and saw Evan's eyes at the ends of the waves.


Gentle yet exuding his anger, calm yet hiding his panic.


You: ... Evan?


Is this a miracle? Or was I dreaming?


Evan frowned deeply, and the seas in his eyes looks like a storm is about to arrive, appearing with so much of emotions that I couldn't comprehend.



Evan: Why did you jump in? Why did you want to save him? It's very dangerous, don't you know that?


I was stunned, and it's actually my first time seeing him this angry.


Why did he ask the same question as the boy? What with all the whys? I obviously have to do it.


You: Evan, look at the ring, I promised you to not take it off. If I lost it I will never be able to pay it back, it's too expensive...


I no longer have the strength to understand his intense gaze, and tiredly lied into his chest.


You: Evan, why is your heartbeat so slow...


The fountain waters howled over once again and hit onto Evan's body, but there were not a single bit of splash on him.


An even stronger scarlet flowed past Evan's eyes compared to the past. The fountain waters, the lawn, the long corridor... Everything vanished into thin air in an instant.




It's still the castle's backyard, and it has always been this backyard.


Evan is holding onto the girl in deep sleep, the loss in his face is illuminated by the afterglows of the setting sun, so clear, yet so cruel. In those long years of hibernation, he has already been numbed from all the happenings in his surroundings, but why did he make an exception earlier?


Was it the wine for her that was spiked? Or was it... something else?


He knew it well that this is the illusion that Lu Ting has specially targeted to him, and he also knew it well, that the ring can protect the one who wears it. So there's no need to save her. He shouldn't be.


A sharp fang gradually stuck out from the insides of Evan's lips, reflecting a ray of dangerous light. Evan's expression changed slightly as he places the girl down, and closes up to her.



Evan: I'm sorry...


Before he could even finish his sentence, a black whirlpool appeared by his side, disappearing into the air along with the anomalies that even his body almost couldn't conceal.





Unsure how long it has passed, and I have finally woke up from the faint tingling pains in my head. How did I ended up sleeping in Evan's car? Wasn't I...


The more surprising thing was, me, who have drowned earlier, is still wearing the dress that is not even wet at all.


You: What is actually going on?


Various questions and weird memories have surrounded me, and I can't help myself but to doubt if I've traveled to a certain mysterious world. The car door is pulled open, and Zhou Yan has taken the drivers' seat.


You: Zhou Yan? Where's E- President Lu?



Zhou Yan: President Lu has to leave in advance to settle some matters, so he allowed me to send you to the show venue, miss.


My phone suddenly rang, and the large word has appeared on the display -- Sariel.



You: Hello?


Sariel: Where are you now?


You: I'm at... I'm at Silverlion Castle, where the Lu Family banquet is holding.


Sariel: Why are you there?


You: I received an invitation letter, so I came here.


Sariel: You--


A long breathing sound could be heard from the other end of the phone. Sariel sounded like he was about to ask something, but he ended up staying silent.


You: What's wrong, director?


Sariel: Nothing. Come to the show venue, right now.


You: Now? But isn't the show starting from 7pm?


Sariel: How about you take a look at the time right now?


I lowered my phone down in confusion, but I could now see the shocking numbers.


You: It's 7PM!


I got so surprised I couldn't utter a single word, but the banquet didn't start for long.



Sariel: Alright, don't panic. Come to the backstage of the show venue now.


You: Okay... Okay...


Sariel: There's still half an hour left, move quickly, understand?


Sariel's words are just like a dose of sobering medication, allowing my confused mind to finally calm down.


You: Understood! I'll make it on time!



Sariel: Are you alright by yourself?


You: I'll be fine! Don't worry, director!




Chapter 5-23 To Be Continued...


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.