[Light and Night Event Reward] 5☆ Date with Osborn - Restless Starry Seas (星海无眠) || Light and Night Azure Daydream Reward 光与夜之恋 蔚蓝白日梦・活动奖励

8/23/2021 10:21:00 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

 


Read the event prologue here




Despite hearing a lot of stories related to 'ocean', but I have never truly understood the ocean. Just when I was worrying about my ocean-themed design, Osborn brought me to the aquarium without letting me to refuse him.


Only when I've stood before the long corridor, that I've finally noticed-- right at this moment, the ocean is already slowly revealing itself before us. The clear and translucent blue of the waters have covered the entire space, with large fishes swimming above us as their scales reflects weak lights, leaving colorful spots on us. 


As for what lies below us, is a deep and dark sea-- I subconsciously allowed my deepest fears in memories to get a hold of me, and suddenly panicked in that moment.



Osborn: Why not moving forward?


You: Ah... It's because the corridor is too beautiful, I wanted to have a look for a longer time, so I walked a little slower.


Osborn's lips curved up knowingly, and walked towards me.


Osborn: I'm sorry, but we can't afford to wait any longer.


Just when he finished his sentence, he immediately held onto my hand that have long clenched into a fist from nervousness. He slightly tugged me, and I am now pulled as I follow him, and walked through that deep area of the ocean.


You: Thank you.


Osborn: Mm.


On the next second, his slender fingers forcefully slide into the gaps between my fingers in a domineering manner, allowing our fingers to be interlocked.


Osborn: I prefer this kind of method of showing gratitude.


You (blushing): ......


I grabbed his hand back and received an even warmer response from his palm.


As we walked through the transparent long corridor, we've officially begun our 'stroll in the seas'.



What's in my sight now turns bright, with colorful tropical fishes swimming past us without stopping, it feels like it has pulled us into a wonderful, fairytale-like ocean view.


You: The 'usage of color' of these tropical fishes are so bold. Looks like I will not go home with empty hands!


A sliver of smile appeared over Osborn's lips as he turns over and ruffled my hair.



Osborn: I hope for the same too.


Without waiting for me to respond to what he meant, Osborn continued holding my hand and walked into the depths of the aquarium. Not long after, we've walked towards a bright, wide open area. The ceiling here are embedded with a giant transparent glass, allowing the afternoon sun to pour down directly into the water surfaces. There are a few giant fishes casually 'lies' in the waters as they basked in the sun.


You: Do fishes actually bask in the sun? Also this fish is so huge, and it looks quite weird too, what kind of fish is this?


In confusion, I suddenly noticed the display board with the description written in a dark corner.


You: Let me have a look, this fish is called topple...


The large words of "toppled wheel fish*" entered my view, and I immediately stood on the ground, and subconsciously let go of Osborn's hand, and blocked the display board with my body.


You: Topple... Topple game**! These type of fish can actually play Topple! Wow, so impressive!


*T/N: It's actually Sunfish's name in Chinese (翻车鱼). In case if you didn't know or have missed the prologue, Osborn is a car racer and the word 翻车 means 'toppled car/wheel' and to MC, it's extremely inauspicious because Osborn will be competing on the following day after their date and MC is trying her best not to let him notice such inauspicious words.


**The actual words used is 翻花绳 (string figure), but I am unable to translate this part directly. Though there's a game called Topple so I went with it. 


Osborn raises his now empty hand, raising an eyebrow, and looked towards me playfully.


Osborn: It's pretty impressive indeed.


You: Haha there's nothing much worth seeing here, let's go somewhere else?



Osborn: Aren't we waiting for these fishes to perform their topple game for us?


You: No need, what's so nice to see about a game of Topple? If you wanted to see I can play it for you next time!


I laugh awkwardly as I tugged Osborn to walk into the other direction, but I can't help but to feel troubled.


You: Why of all names, this fish just had to be named as 'topple wheel'?!  Osborn's competing tomorrow, this name is too inauspicious!


In order to not let Osborn sense any forms of anomaly, I can only continuously move his focus away through a series of self-sacrificing acts -- purposely stepping on my shoelace, telling him there are fishes flying above us, pretending to be dizzy as I hold onto the display board...


My acting skills are exaggerated yet looking forced, but it seems that Osborn doesn't have much interest towards that giant 'Topple" fish, so my journey has been smooth all the way.


Just when we were about to finally get away from this area, a loud voice of a boy sounded behind us.


Boy: Mommy, that fish's name is so weird! It's actually called to...


You: Wait!


The alarm in my heart rang loudly! I quickly dashed before Osborn, jumped up and cling onto his neck.



Osborn was caught off guard and bent down, and I took the opportunity to cover his reddened ears with both of my hands, and held them tightly.


Osborn: --!?


Only until after the loud boy has finally walked far away with his mother, I finally let go of my hands slowly.


Osborn: You...


I raised my gaze, and immediately met his clear pupils. He stared at me without blinking, with his warm breath spreads before the tip of my nose, then brushes past my cheeks.


I flustered as I wanted to keep my hands from his ears, but he has pressed on them instead.


Osborn: So, are you covering my ears this time because there's thunder in the exhibition hall?


You: Y-yes! You're really smart! The PA system malfunctioned, the sound is way scarier than thunders! It was so scary ahem ahem ahem...


I was too excited, and accidentally choked myself.


Osborn chuckled a little, and patted along my back, then took out a bottle of mineral water, opened the cap and handed it over.


Osborn: Drink some water, no need to hurry. Trying your best efforts to cover up, it's pretty exhausting isn't it?


You: ... Eh?!


Under my surprised gaze, Osborn held onto my shoulder, and turned me towards the other side.


Osborn: Look.


I looked towards the direction Osborn has pointed to. In the display box of the exhibition area, a lazy topple wheel fish is casually basking itself under the sun.


You: Ah! It's top--


Osborn: Yeah, topple wheel fish. But if you don't like its name on the display board, you can also call it 'sunfish'.


You: You...


Osborn: Are you thinking that I am very similar to that silly fish?


You: That's not it!


Osborn: Then what were you so nervous about?


Osborn curved his finger and knocked onto my head lightly.


Osborn: No need to overthink things, the one who's standing by your side right now, is Osborn.


I rubbed on my head, and stunned as I look at Osborn who's smirking in his usual demeanor.



You: Did you know that it's called "topple wheel fish" since long ago?


Looking at his calm smile, I've only realized that I must've been looking really stupid in his eyes for all of my try-hard actions to cover it up...


You: Why didn't you tell me when you knew about it earlier?



Osborn: Because... It feels pretty good to see you care about me so much.


The magnetic voice that was purposely toned down have gushed into my ears, and my heart can't help itself but to beat faster.


Osborn: Let's keep moving?


Osborn immediately held onto my hand once again, and the feelings of sweetness has appeared from the bottom of my heart, gradually replacing the embarrassment I had earlier.


Then, where should we go next?


[Choice: Where should I go with Osborn...?]

Intimacy: Souvenir shop

Listen: American Exhibition Hall

Heartthrob: Mysterious Exhibition Hall


[Do Nothing]


We simply surfed around as we followed the crowd, then the closing announcement sounded across the exhibition hall.


You: Eh? It's already this late?


Osborn: Have you found your inspiration?


You: Mhm, maybe... I think I probably found it.


I recalled the Osborn that was staring into the azure sea waters, and can't help myself but to blush.


I was here to look at fishes, but why do I only recall Osborn's face when I try to remember things?


Osborn: Alright, then let's go.


You: Okay.


When I'm about to arrive the exit, I suddenly feel a little unwilling to leave.


I hope there's a chance to visit the aquarium with Osborn next time.


[Intimacy: Souvenir shop]


Osborn and I have kept walking, and arrived the souvenir shop. The entire space in the shopping area is painted into a golden bronze, even the little cart on the side is of no exception. Schools of fishes swam past these water tanks, and the colorful patterns on their bodies are like the shining jewels.


You: Whoa, Osborn, look at that fish! It's just like a transparent butterfly!


I turned over, and noticed that Osborn is also seriously looking at the school of swimming fishes over the other side.


I looked at his face, and suddenly found something weird on it. Is there an extra light-colored mark on his face?


You: Did he bumped into something by accident? How about wiping it off for him?


[Try to wipe the mark from his face]



[Tap anywhere other than his face]



Tap on his legs: In such a public area, this isn't that good isn't it...

Tap on his abdomen: If you wanted to look at abs*, there are some in the tanks too.

Tap on his shoulder: Tapping me all of a sudden, did you find some sort of funny fish?

Tap on his chest: What's wrong? Wanted to watch them with me?


*T/N: Osborn used the word '人鱼线' that literally translates to 'mermaid line' but it actually means abdomen (or generally referred as six-pack).


I reached out an arm, wanting to poke Osborn as a reminder, but just when I was about to reach my arm over, he immediately turned over and held onto it.


Following Osborn's movements, the mark have disappeared from his face.



Osborn: So sneaky, where did you want to touch, hmm?


You (flustered): I- I saw something on your face earlier, but I didn't thought it's just a mark from the light...


Osborn: But it's not good to simply touch around, isn't it? There are so many fishes watching us.


Osborn speaks as he gesture me to look sideways.


In the tank not far away, two seahorses snuggled into a heart shape, and it looks like they are... kissing.


Wait! Jewel, seahorse, heart shape...



You: When seahorses are separated they are just a seahorse, but when they are snuggling intimately-- It'll form into a heart shape that resembles love! Wow, I have inspiration now! Thank you, Osborn!


Osborn stunned for a moment, and a warm smile appeared from his gaze.


Osborn: Then I'll wait for your final product.


[Tap on the intended area: His face]



Tap on his face: So there's something on my face.


I reached an arm to touch Osborn's face, and the light-colored mark appeared on the back of my hand. So it's just a light-colored mark from the lights...


I let out a sigh in relief, and by the time I raised my gaze, I've met Osborn's teasing gaze.


You (flustered): Whoa... You- Your skin is really good!


I quickly kept my hand as if I was electrocuted, and Osborn raised an eyebrow, smiling even more intently from his gaze.


Osborn: Only my skin is good? Aren't there other thoughts?


Osborn slightly leaned closer to me, his tall and firm figure has shrouded me within the shadows glowing at the edge of the waters.



Osborn: For example, handsome?


I got so shocked from him suddenly leaning over, and spoke without thinking.


You: You're handsome!


I quickly covered my mouth, but it's too late, the corner of Osborn's lips have already curved up into a smirk that clearly says 'plan succeeded'. 


I quickly glanced towards the stall by my side, and picked up a weirdly-shaped fish hat and forcefully put it on Osborn's head to block his view.


The unknown species of fish on the hat has an adorably silly face with a short tail, and it actually made the Osborn, who usually has distinct features, to look a little silly.


You: Pfft, haha! After putting on this hat, you look even more handsome now!


Osborn raised an eyebrow, and picked up another hat from the stall and put it on my head.


A weird face, a short tail... It's the same fish as the one Osborn's wearing, the only difference is the color itself.


Osborn: Mhm, it's just nice.


You: What's just nice?


Osborn: Oh? Didn't you know? The one you're wearing on your head is called 'horseshoe crab*', although it has a weird appearance, but it's one of the oldest creatures in the world, and it's extraordinarily loyal.


*T/N: Fun fact: Horseshoe crab (鲎) are also called 夫妻鱼, which literally translates to 'husband and wife fish'!


You: Loyal?


Osborn nodded.


Osborn: As soon as they have considered their partner as the one, they will never separate for the rest of their lives. They are the most loyal, and the most long-lasting couples in the ocean. To purposely pick such a hat for me, you have a pretty good sense, huh.


Osborn languidly smiled, and looked at me calmly, yet with a tint of seriousness, but my thoughts have long flown out into the skies.


You: Are what you said true?!


I excitedly took down the hat and walked a step towards Osborn.


You: Are they really the most long-lasting and the most loyal couple?!


Osborn paused for a moment, and only to nod after a while.


Osborn: You...


You: Whoa! That's great! Thank you, Osborn!


I happily hugged Osborn that's still a little stunned.



You: There are still such ancient yet loyal couple in the mysterious seas. This is probably the most romantic blessings from the seas to couples! Thank you so much! I've found inspiration!



Osborn: Oh, you...


Followed by the almost inaudible sigh, Osborn's firm shoulders have tightened from my back.


Osborn: Then I'll congratulate you in advance.



[Listen: American Exhibition Hall]


Not far away, I saw the signboard of "American Exhibition Hall" standing before the entrance of an exhibition hall.


You: What are the kind of creatures displayed here? Why is the entrance so dark?


Osborn: Have a look inside if you're curious.


As soon as he finished his sentence, Osborn held onto my hand tightly, and stride into the exhibition hall.


[A voice clip will be played here]



This is a manatee. Are you feeling scared now? If you're scared, you can hold my hand tightly.


Mhm, you're right, manatees are the mermaids that appeared in legends. In the European legend titled "Lorelei of the Rhine", the mermaid Lorelei is born in the Rhine.


She has a beautiful golden hair, and a mesmerizing voice.


Each time she sings on the rock, the boatmen who heard her voice will fall in love with her uncontrollably.


After that, the will lose their control to their oar, and fall into the cold waters of the river.


Only the prince of Kurpfalz, who was obsessed with Lorelei's singing voice-- surprisingly survived from the accident of the sinking boat, and climbed onto the huge rock that Lorelei was sitting on.


He's the only one that have survived after hearing that beautiful singing voice.


Hm? You asked what happened to him in the end? In the end... he... never saw the beautiful Lorelei again.


Because in this legend, when the prince has finally woke up, the Rhine has brought Lorelei away.


Hence, the prince have been waiting foolishly for her for his entire life.


You have a sad inspiration now? Isn't that pretty good? Even a sad inspiration is still an inspiration.


But, let me bring you to search for happy inspirations next time.


There's no why, I just feel...


You look better when you smile.


[Heartthrob: Mysterious Exhibition Hall]


The closing announcement has echoed across the aquarium through the PA system, but Osborn seems to be completely unbothered, and tugged my hand to lead me into a mysterious exhibition hall, where there are no signboards on its entrance.


The lights suddenly dimmed, and this open space is completely surrounded with glass, with the deep, calming blues completely swallowing everything around it.


But right now, Osborn's warm hand is holding me tightly, even if we have to face the deep oceans again, I will no longer have the fear I had earlier.


After taking a few steps, I got surprised upon noticing the transparent spherical tents fully set on the ground.



Osborn raised his arm to glance at his watch.



Osborn: Just in time. Do you want to have an experience to sleep with whale sharks? I heard that it's a hidden program here.


You: Sleeping with whale sharks?


Osborn: Mhm. Didn't you want to look for inspiration? Then let's experience the ocean life together.


The tents are full of tourists, they are either lying down or leaning backwards as they observe the marine life in the surrounding tanks.


There's actually such a mysterious hidden place in this aquarium where you can feel the charms under the seas inside a tent. My gaze followed along with the row of tents, and noticed that there's a young couple squeezing in the tent, with sweet smiles hanging all over their faces.


Wait a second! Does that mean I'll be sleeping with Osborn in the same tent?!


You: With such a small tent... For two person..


Wh- wh- what do I do?! I am not mentally prepared for this!


Osborn reaches and arm and waved before my eyes.


Osborn: What were you thinking? Why were you spacing out?


You: Nothing! I wasn't thinking about anything!


Osborn raised an eyebrow, looked towards the direction where I've gazed into, and noticed the couple in the tent. A smirk gradually climbs onto the corner of his lips.



Osborn: Oh, so THAT's how it is.


I dare not to utter a word, only allowing Osborn to hold my hand and walked forward quickly. Passing through the layers of tents, we've finally stopped at the area with the widest view. Under the deep blue seawaters, both of our tents leaned against each other, and the large schools of fishes are shining on the surroundings, pouring bits of light from above.


Osborn: We've arrived, our turf is right here.


You: Are both tents ours?


Osborn: Of course, aren't there two of us? Or do you mean... I've booked one extra?


You (flustered): T- There are two of us, of course we have to book two tents!


I pretended to be calm as I entered the tent, escaping Osborn's teasing gaze.


The lights suddenly extinguished, leaving only the bits of faint lights shining in each tent. The surroundings are so quiet, only with the schools of fishes swimming slowly, and casually.


You: Is this the ocean in his eyes?


A sudden curiosity surged within me -- What is Osborn doing?  Is he also listening to the amazing sounds of the waters, just like I do?


I quietly peeked out from my tent. Osborn is sitting not too far away, in the flickering lights under the waters, his entirety is exuding a faint, cold aura.


You: Osborn?


No response.


Osborn quietly stares into the waters in front of him, fixing his gaze without saying a word. A whale shark swam over from afar, and stopped before Osborn's gaze. Its prideful demeanor seems to exude a voiceless threat.


You: So weird...


Unsure of the reason, I could feel that Osborn and the whale shark are exchanging glances. Separated with a thick layer of the tank, they seemed to have quietly achieved a tacit understanding.


Probably because he heard my movements, Osborn turned his face over, and raised an eyebrow.



Osborn: What's weird?


I have yet to even respond to him, and the whale shark seemed to have gained some consciousness, and swam away after throwing a glance over.


Osborn: What a sharp gaze, you've scared the whale shark away.


You (pouting): If I were this scary, why didn't you get scared away?


Osborn: I am differently talented, the more others are afraid of, the more interest I have towards them.


The deep voice echoed in my heart with an ambiguous feeling lingering around it. I knew he was purposely teasing me, yet I still fell into his traps.


I can't help myself but to reach an arm out and push his face to another side.


You: T-then it'll be better for me to be scarier...


Osborn chuckled a little, and turned his head over to look into the tank. His well-defined side profile reminds me of the scene where he was exchanging glances with the whale shark, and I can't help myself but to ask the question that have been circling in my heart.



You: Osborn, were you exchanging glances with the whale shark just now? Or could it be that the two of you could communicate?


Osborn paused for a moment, and suddenly curved his finger towards me in a mysterious manner, gesturing me to go over. I quickly moved towards him, and leaned an ear over.


Osborn: Actually... As long as you're close enough with them, you will be able to share the same heart with them in tacit, and it'll be natural to be able to communicate with them.


You: Are there such saying? Is it real?


Osborn: Whether it's real or not, how about giving it a try to find out yourself?


Osborn gestured me to look towards a small fish casually swimming by the side.


Osborn: You can try practicing with the tuna over there.


You: Sure, I'll give it a try! As long as I lean close enough...


I repetitively muttered the important points Osborn had taught me as I close up to the glass partition. Right at the moment when my forehead came into contact with the glass, the little tuna immediately got startled and escaped in an instant.


I threw a wronged gaze towards Osborn in disappointment.


You: It swam away... But deep inside, I wanted it to not swim away... Were you lying to me about the method?


Osborn: Why would I? It must be you not doing it right. If you want to successfully interact with them, you need to keep an appropriate distance. Too far, you can't feel anything; Too near, you'll scare them off.


I seriously looked at Osborn, and quietly muttered the details he mentioned.


Osborn: If you can't do that, you can directly close your eyes and approach the one you wish to communicate with. Just like this...


Osborn's clear features gradually approached me, keeping away his recklessness and unruly demeanor away, and quietly closes his eyes just like this. Everything about him became clearer before me, where I can clearly see the tiny trembles on his lashes, and I can also feel his warm breath.



The sounds around me have disappeared completely, just like how the tides have regressed. Right at this moment, all I could hear is Osborn's rhythm of breath and my heartbeat that is beating violently.


Osborn: If you're so far away from me, there's no way for us to share the same heart in tacit.


You: ... Ah? Ah! I'll come over!


I flustered as I carefully stuck my forehead towards Osborn, and it seems like I can faintly hear Osborn chuckling. For each bit I've closed up to him, the oxygen around us seemed to have also lessened by a little.


Osborn's face is already so up close, I got so nervous that I almost couldn't breathe properly. Just when our foreheads were about to come into contact, Osborn suddenly opened his eyes, and blocked my head with his index finger.



You: Eh? Why are you...


Osborn's pupils that are reflecting the blue waves slightly curved into crescents..



Osborn: Mhm, we really do share the same heart in tacit.


The Osborn before me has a familiar smirk appeared over his lips again, and only then I've realized the situation...


You (flustered): You fooled me again!


Osborn: It's you who were too whimsical, why didn't you think about how I could communicate with a whale shark?


You: Then why did the two of you exchange glances?


Osborn: I've stayed on the seas for a long time in the past, perhaps it found me approachable when it saw me.


Osborn turned his face away, and his gaze fell onto the glass walls that are exuding azure blue lights, and his gaze have moved far away.


Osborn: In Madagascar, people also called whale sharks as scattered stars*. The deep seas represents the unknown, and it also means fear, but despite under the deep abyss, there are still twinkling starlight.


*T/N: In Madagascar, whale sharks are called marokintana, meaning many stars.


You: What a beautiful name, but... are there really twinkling stars in the deep seas?


Osborn: Of course, follow me.


Osborn tugged me as we entered the tent. Because it now has two person in it, the space in the tent suddenly became a little cramped.


Accompanied with the sounds of the zipper, the view from the top of the tent suddenly widened. Now I'm seeing Osborn cushioning his head with both arms, and have casually leaned backwards. He raised his chin to the empty space beside him, gesturing me to lie down beside him.


Osborn: C'mon, lie down, you won't be able to see the stars in the deep seas if you sit there.


You: Ah? Oh, oh, okay.


I stayed close to the edges of the tent as I lied down, and shyly kept a tiny distance from Osborn. But just when I lied down, Osborn pulled me to his side right away.


Osborn's warm breath have surrounded me, with his firm arms spreading the warmth that belongs to Osborn to me, it's so hot that my heart began to tremble.


You: Why are you...


I turned my head over and looked at him.


Osborn: Shh, look up.


Flustering, I looked at the top of the tent in confusion. Within only a single glance, I've fell right into the depths of the seas in an instant. Only being separated by the transparent tent, the scene before me is endless.



The school of fishes dispersed when they were chased, and the endless depths of the sea are just like the vast starry skies. The huge whale shark slowly swam above us, with its skin reflecting the patterns just like the starry night.


You: It's so beautiful.


Osborn: Look.


Following where Osborn has pointed, I saw a sliver of faint light pouring from above. Passing through the blue water surface, pouring onto the starry dot patterns on the whale shark's back, reflecting speckles of faint light, then scattering within the deep blue sea waters.


Accompanied by the whale shark that is slowly swimming from above, it's just like the scattered stars in the depths of the seas.


You: Despite in the deep abyss, there'll still be twinkling lights. So this is what the "scattered stars" in the depths of the seas are like.


Deep seas, schools of fishes, darkness, starry night, and... Osborn. The fragments that are shining in my mind are now linked together by an invisible thread. I sat up in excitement, and looked towards Osborn.


You: Osborn, I have inspiration now! I know what to do next! Thank you for bringing me here today!


The azure blue waves that have poured down from the top of the tent gently reflected on Osborn's body, making his gaze towards me to look deep yet gentle.



Osborn: It's my honor to be of service to you.




--- Common Ending ---



Thanks to the weekend aquarium trip, the overflowing inspiration has filled the entire empty design draft. I looked at my final draft in satisfaction, and Osborn's face gradually appeared in my mind.


To successfully design this work, it's mostly credited to Osborn's efforts. It's just nice that Osborn is coming over to look for me, so I showed him the design draft.



Osborn: It's a great design, have you given it a name?


You: It's done, this jewelry I designed this time will be called as "Chance Encounter in the Deep Seas"!


Osborn: "Chance Encounter in the Deep Seas"?



I nodded, and looked at Osborn with a serious expression. In the aquarium that day, I've encountered numerous romances under the seas, including Osborn. 


You: I hope that everyone who wears "Chance Encounter in the Deep Seas" will be able to encounter their own romance no matter where they are.


Osborn quietly looked at me, and his lips only gradually curved into a smile after quite a while.


Osborn: Then why isn't it "reunion"?


You: Hm?



Osborn: Didn't they say that each encounter is a reunion after a long separation?


You: Pfft, hahaha! Osborn, I didn't expect you to believe in these.


Osborn: I believe it.


His voice is deep, carrying a tone of affirmation, and a sliver of an unspeakable emotion.


He gazed into my eyes, deeply, yet distant. It's as if he's leading me to encounter a romance in the depths of the seas once again.


--- END ---


Feel free to check other translations for Light and Night here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.

1 comments:

Write comments
C
AUTHOR
August 24, 2021 at 10:26 AM delete

Thank you for the translation Jin!!<3 This date is so sweet lol. I'm surprised mc hadn't developed trust issues with the amount of teasing Osburn does. That horseshoe crab bit seem to flew over her head lmao.

Reply
avatar