Main Story Ch. 5-15 - His Boundaries (他的边界线) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/24/2021 06:58:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Previously on 5-13... (Read here)


"Designer Y/N, we sincerely invite you to participate the Lu's family banquet at 12pm tomorrow at Silverlion Castle."


.

.

.

You: About that, will you be attending?


Evan: Do you want me to attend it?


You: Yeah... I only know you, so I worry that I'll be too nervous. Don't overthink it!


Evan: Alright, I will not overthink it. I'll pick you up at 10am tomorrow.



Facing the upcoming double mountain-sized obstacles of the banquet and the grand show on the next day, I can't fall asleep no matter how I turned myself on the bed, and only started to feel a little sleepy in early morning.


The sunlight shines on my eyelids, and I opened my eyes--



You: ... It's already 9.30AM!


I hurriedly washed my hair, and fell into frustrated thoughts upon facing the few evening dresses I own.


You: I came back here in such a rush, that I didn't even bring much proper evening dresses with me. This can't do... This can't do too! What should I wear...


"Ding Dong--!"


The door bell rang. The 9:59AM on the digital clock has now become 10:00AM.


You: This is too on time!


I simply put on a shirt, and ran towards the entrance--


You: Coming--!



Right at the moment I opened the door, I subconsciously gasped.


Evan is standing upright in front of the entrance in a fully black velvet suit. 



Well-fitted suit, low-profile jewel cufflinks, with an exquisite ash gray tie clip on his necktie, he looks exactly like an European nobleman. With a hand casually placed in the pocket, he can't help but to smile when he saw my embarrassed face.


Evan: It seems like you aren't ready yet.


It isn't just that I'm not ready, compared to him, my looks right now is almost as if I'm about to join a day trip to the hypermarket.


Evan: Give me a moment.


Raising the car key in his hand in a gesturing manner, he turned over and walked into the elevator. Not even two minutes have passed, and he has already returned with a delicate paper bag in his arms.


Evan: This is prepared for you, open up and have a look.


An idea appeared in mind, I think I have guessed what's inside.


As the ribbon opens, a short, grey-colored dress appeared before me. The mesh hem of the dress is embedded with fine beads and zircons, it looks like the shooting stars brushing past the night skies.


Evan: Do you like it? It's my first time picking a dress for a girl, so I can only follow my own judgment.



You: I like it very much! Thank you, then I'll get changed now.


After 10 minutes, I clenched onto the hem of the dress, and returned to the entrance.


Hearing my footsteps, Evan turned over, and let out a sincere, dazzling smile.



Evan: You look really good.


I blushed lightly, trying to hide my shyness by tidying my fringe as I walked downstairs with Evan.


He opened the car door, and gestured me to board onto his car as he protected the top of my head with another.



After confirming that I've put on my seatbelts, Evan started the car. The clock points to 12PM, as the chimes of the clock could be heard from the tall towers, with two giant metal doors slowly opening before us.


A tall sculpture stands in the center of the white water fountain, with grey marble walkway that extends all the way to a brick-red castle. The waiters wearing swallowtail vests lined up along the way, bowing as they welcomed out arrival.


You: ... This can't be your home, right?



Evan: It's a place I've lived in when I was a child. I've not been here for about 6 or 7 years.


Evan walked down from the car, and stood by my side. I placed my hand onto his opened palm, and took a deep breath.


Evan: Are you nervous?


You: A little, I hope I don't trip later.



Evan: From now on, leave all your nervousness and fear to me. As for tripping...


He turned his hand over and held onto mine.


Evan: Hold me tighter, and it won't happen.


As the revolving door is pushed open, the graceful and ear-pleasing sonata slowly entered my ears.



The bright crystal chandelier enters my sight with the heavy red carpet that highlights its grandness and elegance. The long, black table is covered with a deep grey brocade that shines in a metallic light, with full of dishes already placed on top of it. The guests are all wearing suits and leather, surrounded by dresses. The waiters held onto the champagne glasses with a tray as they passes between the dresses and the shadows.


Right then, a few men wearing a bodyguard uniform walked out from the back of the staircases, and bypassed us while carrying a black safety box together.


You: What's this...?


Evan: The family collection that will be delivered to the grand show.


You: I've heard that it's related to the founding of the company.



Evan: To put this more accurately, it is the symbol of the Lu family. We call it the Spirit Ring.


Because of Evan's appearance, a few men that were originally chit-chatting among themselves raised their glasses as they approached us.


Guest A: President Lu, I've heard about you for quite a while, please take good care of us from now on.


Guest B: I heard that Warson has won quite a few battles that have turned over the company's situation under President Evan's lead. Do you have intentions to search for the next business partner?


Ever few steps we take, there will be people greeting Evan.


Evan only put on a faint smile over his lips, taking over the red wine from the waiter, and briefly took a sip.


Didn't he only have returned to the country not long ago? How did he get to know so many people?


Just when I was about to reach out an arm to take a glass of red wine, Evan passed a glass of fruit juice instead.



Evan: Port wines have very high alcohol content, so it's not suitable for beginner drinkers, would fruit juice be fine with you?


You: Yeah...


Who would've known that someone bumped right into my back as soon as I picked the glass from him. I stumbled as I balanced myself, but the juice has poured onto Evan's jacket.


You: I'm so sorry!


Evan shook his head, and threw a glance towards the waiter by his side. Very quickly, a backup jacket is sent to him.


??: Now would you allow me.


A deep, thick voice could be heard, and the entire venue immediately turned quiet. A middle-aged man walked towards us in calm steps.


You: !



A smile appears from Lu Ting's lips, with graceful and luxurious aura exuding from his actions, carrying an aura that gives out pressure despite not being angry.


Evan: Then allow me to trouble you, uncle.


Lu Ting took over the jacket from the waiter's hand, and gracefully put it on for Evan, and even giving a good tuck over the collars. Evan took a small step backwards, and calmly pulled the hem of the jacket in Lu Ting's hands.



Evan: Thank you, uncle.


Lu Ting: There's no need to be polite among us as uncle and nephew.


A subtly weird atmosphere lingers in the room. Despite the two person before me are smiling, but there are flashes of swords crossing within their gazes.


Lu Ting: There are always people guessing that our uncle-and-nephew relationship are bad, how about we have a drink together and show it to them?


As he speaks, a waiter has already carried a tray of red wine towards Evan.


Evan smiles as he picked up a glass of red wine, and lightly supported the walls of the glass with his fingers.


Evan: I wonder if you remember this, uncle, but you've gifted me my very first suit. Back then, you too, have put it on for me just like how you did earlier.


Both man held onto their own glasses, and clanged into a crisp sound. Lu Ting nodded in satisfaction after seeing Evan downing the entire glass of wine, then turned his gaze towards me, who have been standing by Evan's side.


Lu Ting: You are the very impressive newbie designer, right? Warson needs talents like you.



You: You flatter me, thank you very much.


Lu Ting: Consider this glass of wine as a celebration for your success of the grand show in advance.


A glass of red wine is held before me.


Lu Ting: Miss?


[Choice]



Light: Look at Evan

Night: Refuse


[Light Choice: Look at Evan]


I got a little surprised, and I was unsure of how I should respond to it, so I can only look towards Evan.


Evan: I'm sorry, uncle. She can't drink.


He looked directly to Lu Ting, and his pupils looked calm. I had some doubts, but I still nodded.


[Night Choice: Refuse]


My heart suddenly beats weirdly, and I started to feel a little anxious.


You: I'm really sorry. I can't drink alcohol...



Lu Ting squinted slightly, and it was impossible for me to read the meaning behind his expressions.



Lu Ting: Miss, this is just a blessing from me as a director, aren't you going to show me at least this bit of respect?


The wine glass is once again reached out to me, and I could tell from each inch from Lu Ting's smile is clearly telling me that I have no rights to refuse.


You: Alright...


The arm that was staying lightly around my waist suddenly tightened. Before my fingertips could even touch the glass, Evan has already took it over and downed it right away.


Lu Ting: Oh? I didn't expect my nephew to be this close with this lady right here?



Evan: She's a designer that I really admire. I still needed to thank you for inviting her over here without my knowledge, uncle.


Lu Ting's expressions slightly darken, and threw a glance towards Evan intently.


Lu Ting: How polite of you, Warson's brand is now in a place full of dangers, I look forward to see you reviving it.


He reaches out an arm, and pat on Evan's shoulder.


Evan: I'll not disappoint you. Since if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here today either, uncle.


Evan nodded slightly, and held me as he turned away to leave the scene.



In the corner where nobody took notice, Lu Ting opened his palm, and violently smashed the wine glass onto the floor. A vicious smile replaced his pretentious mask.


Lu Ting: My good nephew, I didn't expect you to take so much of care on our new experiment target. Looks like I'll have to get rid of you before I can get her. I wonder if the master will take back your succession rights after knowing all these happenings?


He looked towards the dark shadow lying on the ground.



Lu Ting: Make arrangements right away, we'll play a new game tonight.




Chapter 5-18 can be read here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.