[Light and Night Event] QiXi with Evan + Message || 光与夜之恋 活动03 与陆沉共渡・遥夕灯会

8/14/2021 12:50:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 


The setting sun covers a thin veil of gold onto the flagstone path. Evan and I are casually strolling on the ancient streets, immersing ourselves within the relaxing atmosphere before the night falls. Unknowingly, the colors of the night has climbed up to the edges of the skies.


You: The lantern festival is about to start.


I've been secretly planning to give a little surprise for Evan. As I quietly sneak an arm into the bag to look for the gift, I wanted to hold onto Evan's hand with another, only to surprise myself with grabbing onto nothing but air.


You: ..... Evan?


My chest suddenly feel tightened. I quickly turned over, trying to look for his silhouette.



Right at the moment I turned over, the lights above me lit up in sequence, from near to far, dazzling like the seas of stars, illuminating the entire long street like the daylights as they opens the curtains of the lantern festival.


While I was completely drawn into the scene before me, a familiar warmth from my shoulder has pulled me back into reality. I subconsciously turned over, almost brushing across Evan's cheek. The warm, yellow light halos have brightened his gentle gaze.



Evan: Don't be nervous, I told you that I'll be with you, that means I will be staying by your side.


The gentle voice is just like a magical spell, soothing all of the sudden panic that I had. I let out a huge sigh in relief.


You: Alright...


Right then, I remembered the gift that I've prepared for a long time. I originally wanted to give Evan the tiny surprise right at the moment when the lanterns lit up, but I've accidentally missed that moment.


I turned over, and looked at Evan with a serious expression.


You: Give me your hand.


Facing the unexpected, Evan seemed a little surprised, but still nodded and held his hand out.



Evan: Sure.


I slowly unclenched my fist, a purple-red fragrance pouch now lies on Evan's palm.


You: Happy QiXi. I wanted to surprise you as soon as the lantern festival begin... but I think, it isn't bad right now either.


The rich scent gradually lingers in the air.



Evan: Thank you for your gift. But... This scent is rather unique, isn't it?


You: Looks like you've noticed the main point! How about you take a guess on what's inside?


Evan: With such a tangy scent, I suppose it's from some sort of flower? I'm not too knowledgeable in terms of flowers, so this is as far as I can guess.



You: It's lilac. With lilac as the base scent, then paired with some cutcherry. It's my summer-special fragrance pouch that helps with keeping your mind refreshed. Whether if you're feeling dizzy from work, or feeling drowsy after an afternoon nap, a sniff of this would be the most suitable remedy.



Evan: At the beginning I thought the scent will be something like wormwood, I did not expect it to have such an intense scent.


You: Because it's a special occasion, so I wanted to give you a scent that is unique to guarantee you a lasting impression! Actually... I've also added a special ingredient in it, do you want to have a guess?


Evan: Sure, but the scope is a little too wide, mind providing some hints?


You: Just a tiny hint, it is related to a poem related to lilacs.


Evan: Let me guess... Cardamom?


You: Very spot-on!



Evan: "Yearning only lies, on top of lilac branches, at cardamoms' tips." I'm very happy to receive your thoughts.


You: This is the first QiXi I'm spending with you, so I wanted to commemorate it well.


Evan: What a coincidence, I am thinking of the same thing too. So, before the night ends, I wanted to formally give you my wishes. Happy QiXi, Y/N.


You: It feels like you are surprisingly having a sense of ritual at times too.



Evan: It's probably because I am now influenced by a certain young lady's strong sense of ritual. In the past... To me, festivals did not have much meaning.



Evan: But now, I can anticipate to spend a special day with you. I'm very happy that you're by my side on this year's QiXi.


Evan hooked the fragrance pouch onto the buttons before his chest. As the night breeze brushes past us, the rich scent lingers in the air between us. I happily held onto his hand.


You: Let's go and have a look at the bunny lanterns over there!


The lights along the long street connected into a beauty view under the night skies, we casually walked along with the crowd, it's as if we can keep walking like this forever.




"Happy Qixi. I'll treasure your feelings in my heart, coming next, can you give me a chance to fulfill your wish?" - Lu Chen


Light and Night QiXi Event Translations







Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.