Main Story Ch. 4-20 (LIGHT END) - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/09/2021 11:19:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on 4-19... (Read Here, or alternatively, read NIGHT END here!)


Osborn: Aren't you silly? Just let me know what's on your mind next time.


He passed me the helmet, and held onto the front of his bike after confirming that I've put the helmet on properly.


Osborn: We're going, hold me tight.




Following the address, Osborn and I have found this extremely ordinary-looking shoe store hidden in the alley.



You: It should be here! Why are you getting off too?


I gave a weird glance to Osborn who is suddenly appearing by my side, and Osborn is looking at me weirdly too.


Osborn: Aren't your feet hurting? I'll follow you there to look for shoes, then send you home.


I stunned for a moment, and just when I was about to thank him for his attentive "full service", he has already pushed the door open, and walked into the shoe store.



The shop is full of various types of shoes, and there are almost none of them that are repetitive, the shoe forms are smooth and perfect. As expected of the shop that is recorded in granny's memo!


You: These shoes are indeed crafts of art...


Osborn: Are they? I feel that it isn't that different from those on your feet.


You: How could there be no difference? If I say this out, don't laugh at me, I designed this pair of shoe myself. The reason why I'm here today is to look for the store owner to learn shoemaking!


Before I could even finish my sentence, Osborn has already held onto my arm, and held me towards the sofa.


Osborn: If it's not comfortable while you're wearing, then sit down first.


You: Oh... Alright. Once I've mastered it, how about I make you a pair?



Osborn: Why, wanting to repay your debts in the past with just a pair of shoe?


You: No no! Of course not--


Osborn: Then you gotta learn properly, I have really high standards.


You: I will, I hope I can learn from the store owner smoothly...


??: Hahahaha, it isn't easy to make shoes.


A voice came from behind, and I turned over to see a kind-looking elder. He kept a long beard that's tied into a braid.



You: Hello, are you the owner of this store?


Elder: Just like you, I'm just a normal designer, but I've lived a couple years longer, and only have just a little bit more experience. 


Lao Zhong: So, don't be so cautious, just call me Lao Zhong.


Osborn looked at him, and frowned a little without putting on a trace.


Osborn: Seems like you're quite a special one, this... Mr. Zhong.


Lao Zhong stunned for a moment, and stroked his beard.



Lao Zhong: Younglings indeed like to joke around haha, everyone are human, how different can we be?


Osborn: People and 'people' can also have quite a bit of difference.


Lao Zhong slightly squinted his eyes, and examined Osborn for a moment, then turned his gaze towards me.


Lao Zhong: Young lady, to be frank with you, all of the shoes here, from designing, pattern making, and manufacturing, they are all made by me alone.


You: ! Really?! Hello, I am a designer from Warson, there are some questions that I'd like to ask for your advice.


Lao Zhong: You're a designer from Warson? So you're Sariel's men.


You: Are you an acquaintance of our director?


Lao Zhong: Not just an acquaintance, we know each other so well that our relationship can't get any closer.


Speaking of Sariel, Lao Zhong held onto his beard and laughed heartily, and even winked at me, with the expression where he seemed to know a lot of Sariel's little secrets.


Lao Zhong: I can teach you. But unfortunately, there are some matters that I have to attend to later. If you really wanted to learn, look for me again next time. But I can lend this pair of shoes to you for learning purposes.


His finger brushes past the shoe rack, and took a pair of heels that are very similar to the one on my feet.


You: ... Alright, thank you!


Lao Zhong nodded, turned around and walked towards the curtain behind the counter. 


Osborn suddenly reached an arm before him. A faint smile is still hanging on his lips, but unsure why, there's an unspeakable sense of danger surging between the two.



Osborn: Actually, there's also something that I'd like to learn from you too.


Lao Zhong: Oh? I don't think I have anything that I could help you, young lad. I've also just said, I've just lived for a few more years, there are a lot of things that I don't know, nor I'd want to know.


Osborn didn't continue the conversation, and the shop is left with a moment of silence.


Lao Zhong: If there aren't anything else I'll go in first, you two can take your time to have a look around, hahaha.


Lao Zhong laughed again, and turned around to walk into the curtains. Until Lao Zhong disappeared behind the curtains, Osborn walked towards me again.


You: Osborn, just now... 


Osborn: I've mistaken him for someone else, it's alright. Let's go.


I nodded without asking further, and just when I was about to get up, Osborn pressed onto my shoulders.


Osborn: I almost forgot something. Take off your shoes.


You: Huh?


Before I could even respond to the situation, Osborn has pressed me onto the sofa. He squatted and faced his back towards me.


Osborn: Didn't you say that your shoes aren't comfortable?


Is he... giving me a piggy back ride?


Osborn: Why are you so shocked? Do you want me to carry you instead?


Before I can even say 'No", he has already lightly held me, and carried me on his back. With an arm supporting my waist, and another hand placed my arms to circle before his shoulders. Then he reached out his right hand, and curled his index finger a little, as if he's gesturing for me to give him my hand.


I reached my hand out in confusion, and just then, my shoes have now passed onto his hand.



Osborn: You're welcome.


As the sun sets, the streetlights lit up one by one, with his side profile brightens and darkens under the orange-red lights. The traffic is busy as there are many people hurrying on the streets. Both of us did not say a thing, as if it's enough to stay quiet in tacit just like this for this very moment.


The setting sun separated by the window frame leaves a shade on the ground. Lao Zhong opened the curtains from the door, and looked towards the direction where both of them disappeared to, with a complicated gaze.


A sound of chime ringed from the beaded curtain . A tall figure entered the shop along with the rays of the sunset. A dazzling smile appeared on Lao Zhong's face.


Lao Zhong: You're finally here, long time no see! Let me think, how many years have we not met?



Sariel: Not too long, you're still the same as usual.


Lao Zhong: Hahaha, as handsome as the past?


Sariel: As narcissist as usual.


Lao Zhong: Hey this mouth of yours, how do your subordinates even take it? Speaking of it, there's a lady from Warson wanted to be my apprentice to learn my craft. Hahaha did you hear that? She's learning from me.


Sariel: If there aren't anything else, then I'll be leaving.


Lao Zhong: No no no, it's not a big deal, just wanted to ask this on behalf of Lao Yang, is the barrier he made for you useful?


Sariel: Was he looking for me?


Lao Zhong stroked his white beard, and smiled a little intently.


Lao Zhong: Not just him, and not just me. For all these years, the Strains have made so much of chaos in order to continue their bloodline, you probably knew that, right?


Sariel's brows knitted into a frown, and did not give an answer.


Lao Zhong: Originally, us old folks are too lazy to get involved, but--


He raised an arm to tidy the hair on his temples, and a pair of long, sharp goat horns suddenly appeared.



Lao Zhong: There are not much time left. We're thinking, the Erdas can grab this opportunity to end this endless banishment. Lao Qi, you should stay with us...


Sariel: No need.


Lao Zhong: Why?


Sairel: Just because everyone's choice is different.


Lao Zhong: But you have to think of the future, no? Once our tribe perishes, we'll have nowhere to belong to.


Sariel: To live eternally under the conspiracies just for the sake of belonging to somewhere, then what is it even for?


Lao Zhong: You stubborn fox! Do you hope to keep losing your memories?


Sariel's gaze shifted just a little. After settling his feelings, he spoke after a moment.



Sariel: Most welcomed. The past is already fixed, it can't be changed, and there's no need to change. For the directions in the future, I will make my own choice. No matter what you guys want to do, I will not interfere. So you guys have no need to come and persuade me any further.


Sariel turned around, and walked out from the store.


Lao Zhong: Old fox! You....


Lao Zhong's voice is blocked within the store, Sariel didn't turn around, and stride into the deepest parts of the sunset.


[Location: Lu Ting's Office]


In the director's office, a black figure is politely submitting a folder.


Man: From the data intercepted on CEO Evan's side, it's her who caused the abnormalities in HCP18407. Our men has arranged blood collection, the results should come out very quickly.


Lu Ting nodded as he examined the girl's face on the document.



Lu Ting: We'll not go there today, we'll have to send the grand gift to the master before my good nephew does.



NIGHT END can be checked here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.