Main Story Ch. 4-19 - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/08/2021 11:16:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

  

Previously on 4-16... (Read it Here)


The cloudless blue sky, the brick red city walls, the fluttering flags in the wind, and the galloping sounds of the horseshoes. And... the endless fire everywhere, with shouts and cries between the heaven and earth. At the end of the fire is a back figure that can't be reached, the whistling winds that filled up her long, red robe.


...


Sariel: The nightmare has been appearing more and more frequently recently...


...



It's one week away from our work submission, and with Sariel 'driving' me, I've finally finished my updated version of design draft. In order to ensure the final effects, I've left ample time for adjustments, and I even looked for a sample designer to request him to design a pair of sample according to the design blueprint.


As I tried to step on the pair of heels, I walked a few steps, but I kept feeling that there's something wrong.


You: Weird, where exactly is the problem?


Even after holding the pair of heels on my hands, I still couldn't figure out the cause.


You: I wonder where I can look for a sample designer with an exquisite craftsmanship, I remembered granny used to have a record...


After flipping granny's memo book again, I indeed managed to find a shoe store recorded in it, and it also states that the store owner is an extremely proficient sample designer living in seclusion.


You: How about paying a visit after work?



You: Hello, I'd like to go to Warson's office.


The driver put on his cap and sunglasses, not saying a word. The vehicle drove forward stably, as I smell the faint scent of perfume in the car, I actually fell asleep not long after.


Driver: Wake up, we've arrived.


As the blurry voice fell by my ear, I tried my best to open my heavy eyelids and rubbed my eyes. How did I fall asleep this early in the morning? Did I get too exhausted from working overtime?


You: Thank you.


As soon as I wanted to push the door open, a slight stabbing pain came to my fingertips.


You: Sss...


There's now a tiny scar on my fingertip.


You: How did I even cut my hand by merely opening a door?


Thankfully, it's just a small injury, and I didn't bleed too much. After putting on the band-aid, I quickly walked into the office.



Work is getting busier than I've expected, and I also took out time to make adjustments to the shoe, that I don't even have time to take a breather.


You: I can finally finish work.



Zheng Lin: Thanks for your hard work. Have a good rest when you're back, don't pull off an all-nighter from fixing your shoes.


You: Okay! But I still needed to let the shoe store to have a look before it turns dark, I feel that these store are probably closing earlier than usual.


As I made my calculations, I quickly walked towards the elevator. A familiar figure entered my vision. It's a tall, well-built man, languidly leaning against the sofa at the rest area while crossing his legs.


Hearing my footsteps, the man turned over.


You: Osborn?!


In contrast to my surprise, Osborn didn't seem surprised. He stood up, and blinked at me.



Osborn: Yo, finally off work?


You: Yeah... Why are you here?


Osborn: Following the racing team here to discuss on a collaboration with Warson. But, I have another misssion.


You: What mission?


Osborn: Can't you see it? Of course it's to wait for you.


You: Wait for me?


Osborn: Give me your hand.


I can't keep up with his pace that bounces off too far, and I obediently showed my palm to him.


You: I'm guessing you'll probably be putting a lemon candy again.



The slightly cold touch came to my palms, a small, silver laurel wreath quietly lies there, with bits of lights sparkling from it. After looking closely, there is a faint blue light flowing within the leaves, just like Osborn's flames surrounding him during dangerous times, and I can't help but to feel secure from it.


You: A brooch? Are you gifting this to me?


Osborn: Mhm, this is my mission.


You: ......


Osborn: Why, don't you like it?


[Choice]


Light: I like it

Night: I can't take this


[Light Choice: I like it]


You: I really like it, it looks exceptionally good... But it looks too expensive.



[Night Choice: I can't take this]


Looking at the exquisite brooch, I hesitated for a moment, and shook my head.


As if he didn't expect my answer, Osborn scratches his head, and walked a step closer towards me.


Osborn: Alright, give me a reason first.


You: Uh, this... I don't like it.


Osborn: Which part do you not like about?


You: ...


Osborn: If you don't tell me which part you're unsatisfied of, how would I know what you'd like? I wouldn't know if I will be rejected by you if gift you something else next time.


You: That... because it's too expensive, I can't have it.



Osborn: Expensive? Then that's even better. Then you'll owe me something again.


That triumphant expression of his made me remember the promise that we had in the escape room when I've lost a bet to him.


You: How much have I owed you already?


Osborn: It's probably so much that you can't repay it anymore.



You: Then more of the reason I can't accept this. At least let me repay the ones I've owed you in the past!


Osborn stunned a little, and immediately putting on an expression with a sliver of pity, and even let out a 'tsk' sound lightly.



Osborn: What should I do? It's already made.


He pushed on the circle on the edge of the brooch, and with a pop, the brooch immediately opened in 180 degree.


Osborn: I've added a little something into the pure silver inner core, it's purposely made for your self defense.


You: Self defense?


Osborn: To avoid a certain someone to not know what to do when she encountered danger, since you are now someone who knows the secrets of this world.


You: ......


Osborn: Are you now regretting for asking me so much?


You: Of course not, it's better to make things clear than living in confusion. But don't always be overexaggerating things, you're making me very nervous...


Osborn smiled as he swings the brooch before my eyes, and pointed n the branches crossing at the bottom.



Osborn: When I'm not here, this will be enough. Just open it normally when you wear it, but once you've pressed on this thing, then it can't be worn anymore. Remember now?


I have yet to even nod, he has already leaned towards me and pinned the brooch to my lapel. The familiar smell enters my nose, his face is gradually magnified before my eyes, that I can even see that little mole at the corner of his eye. Suddenly, his hands paused, and looked into my eyes.



Osborn: Did you encountered something today, or injured yourself?


You: No, I have been working.


I immediately waved ,y hand, but suddenly realized that a band-aid is still wrapped around my index finger.


Osborn: Then what's this?


You: I accidentally cut myself when opening the door, it was only bleeding for a tiny bit, this doesn't count, right...?


Osborn's brows knitted into a frown for a few seconds, but he didn't say anything more, only pressing onto my shoulder.


Osborn: Don't dodge away, if you're so far from me how should I put it on for you?


After pinning the brooch, he smiled in satisfaction as he raises his head.



Osborn: Not bad. For your safety, you aren't allowed to take it off. Alright?


You: Okay...


Since he's already spoke with such persistence, I shall not reject it anymore.


You: Where did you buy this brooch? The craftsmanship is quite special, so much that I am even thinking of looking for the boss to be his apprentice.


Osborn chuckled a little, as if his mood has turned even better.


Osborn: The boss has said it, he's not taking such a stupid student.


You: You know the boss?


Osborn smiled without saying a word, a guess gradually appeared in my mind.


You: ... !


As I was about to reach out an arm and point towards him, Osborn lightly grabbed onto it.


Osborn: The boss also said, no can do for her to learn his craft, but she can learn something else.


You: What else can I learn?


Osborn: What do you want to learn?


You: Is there anything?



Osborn: So many, for example... How to differentiate the directions, guaranteed that you'll understand it after the lesson.


You: You're making fun of me again!


Osborn: Who made fun of you? I'll hit him for you.


He's putting on an act of 'a thief posing as judge' with such a stern face, but he couldn't hide the trace of smirk in his eyes.


Osborn: I'll not be calculative to you anymore... Anyways thank you, not just for the brooch, but also to the many things in the past.



We walked downstairs together, and I can see Osborn's bike stopping by the roadside from afar.



He smoothly hopped up to the bike. The evening sunrays passes through the leaves as the shades poured onto his back. After putting on his gloves, Osborn turned over, his sharp brows looked a little gentle under the rays of the sun.


Osborn: Going home? I'll send you.


Only hesitated for a second, I quickly hopped onto Osborn's bike.


Osborn's became a little at a loss as I moved.


You: Alright, but I'm not going home, but I wanted to visit a shoe store.


Osborn: Sure. Why didn't reject it this time?


You: ... My feet hurts a little.


After wearing this pair of sample for the whole day, I can feel the back of my heels are almost rubbed off.


You (pouting): Also I was just being polite for a bit last time, who knew you ended up really drove off right away.


Osborn has laughed so much that he leaned towards his bike and unable to straighten his body, and under my gaze of embarrassment from anger, he knocked onto my forehead lightly. 



Osborn: Aren't you silly? Just let me know what's on your mind next time.


He passed me the helmet, and held onto the front of his bike after confirming that I've put the helmet on properly.


Osborn: We're moving, hold me tight.




LIGHT END is now up! Read it here!

NIGHT END To be updated...


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.