Main Story Ch. 4-20 (NIGHT END) - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/10/2021 04:07:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

  

Previously on 4-19... (Read Here, or alternately, read LIGHT END here


Osborn: Aren't you silly? Just let me know what's on your mind next time.


He passed me the helmet, and held onto the front of his bike after confirming that I've put the helmet on properly.


Osborn: We're going, hold me tight.




Following the address, I found this extremely ordinary-looking shoe store hidden in the alley.


You: I wonder if it's still operating...


??: You're in the way, step aside.



You: I'm sorry... Sariel?!


Why is he here?


Sariel had a glance at the shoes on my feet, and putting on an expression of realization.


Sariel: Is this the pair of shoes you designed?


You: Yeah, I let a sample designer to create a version, then made some changes in the afternoon, but it's still a little uncomfortable. I heard that the store owner here is very proficient, so I thought of coming over to learn a thing or two from him.


Just when I finished talking, Sariel lifted off the door's curtain, and walked in complacently.


You: Aren't you even going to comment even a single bit on it...?


I pouted as I followed behind him.



??: Yo, young lady, coming here to purchase some shoes?


The one speaking is probably the store owner, he's a thin elderly, with long, white beard tied into a braid, and looks like a kind person with good intents. Looking at Sariel, he immediately sparked in joy.


Store owner: What sort of winds have brought you here today? It's good to see you here, and you even brought me a customer? How polite of you!


Sariel scoffed coldly, ignoring him as he self-consciously walked towards the counter.


Is Sariel acquainted with the store owner here?


Store owner: Young lady, feel free to take your time to have a look at the shoes you wanted to buy.


I nodded as I looked around. The shop is full of various types of shoes, and there are almost none of them that are repetitive, the shoe forms are smooth and perfect. As expected of the shop that is recorded in granny's memo!


You: The shoes here all look so good...



Store owner: Hahahahaha! Listen, the young lady is praising my shoes!


Sariel: She's only amazed from her lack of experience. Give me the newly-arrived materials.


Sariel threw me a glance, then leaned directly towards the antique cashier counter on the side.


You: Do you know each other?


Store owner: Of course! How would I not be acquainted with him? We've been old friends for so many years.


You: !


Sariel actually has a friend... No no, he is actually old friends with this kind of elderly?


Store owner: How about you? How long have you known him?


You: Me? We didn't know each other for too long, he's my superior.



Store owner: Superior? Then you're too pitiful, he has a weird temper, there was even once--


Sariel: Lao Zhong, I'm in a rush.


Lao Zhong: Okay okay okay, I'll go get it now, can't even give me a chance to say something.


The store owner that was stroking his beard as he winked at me immediately stopped talking, turned around and entered a curtain draping down on his side.


For that moment, only Sariel and I are left in the store. The atmosphere suddenly turned quiet.


Sariel: Come here, sit down.


He pointed towards the sofa in the center of the store, then pulled a pair of heels from the shoe rack behind him, and placed it onto the floor.


You: This pair of shoes are really similar to mine!


Sariel didn't say a thing, only kneeling down, reaching out an arm to hold onto my ankle, and gently took off the shoe from my foot.



You: !


My face almost immediately started burning.


You: Sa- Sa...


He let goof my ankle, and his gaze fell onto the high heels in his hand. The setting sun lazily shines on the tip of his hair, his originally silver-white strands of hair are now turned into a tranquil, warm orange color.


That gentle yet serious expression of his... is something that I have rarely seen from his face.


Sariel: It's really terrible as expected.


You: ?


The faint heartthrob immediately stopped, the only thing that can be obviously seen from Sariel's corners lip is his disdain.


... I must be too dizzy just now, how did I even feel that he is gentle?


Sariel: That pair of high heels, try it on and feel it yourself.


I still don't quite understand why, but I still put on that pair of high heels. The moment my feet are placed in them, I can't help myself but to be stunned. The shoe's shape has perfectly fitted the legs, and it doesn't take any effort when it's stepped on.


You: Elder Zhong's workmanship is too impressive!


Sariel: Go back and study properly on how he did it, then dismantle your pair of heels, remake it after you improvise the design.


You: Ah... Okay!


Sariel: You can leave now. It's Tuesday today, there's a week more until the competition.


I quickly nodded to him and quickly packed my things. After putting the money according to the price tag onto the cashier counter, I waved towards Sariel as I stood at the store entrance.


You: Then I'll take my leave, thank you, director Qi!


The setting sun separated by the window frame leaves a shade on the ground. Lao Zhong opened the curtains and came out from the inner room as he holds onto some fabric.


Lao Zhong: Eh? The young lady has already left?


Sariel: I'm leaving too.


Sariel was about to stand up after picking up the materials, but Lao Zhong suddenly stopped his movements.


Lao Zhong: Don't be in such a hurry, we haven't been meeting for so long, how about having a chat?


Sariel: Quickly say it if there's something up.


Lao Zhong: Haha, it's not a big deal, just wanted to ask this on behalf of Lao Yang, is the barrier he made for you useful?


Sariel: Was he looking for me?


Lao Zhong stroked his white beard, and smiled a little intently.


Lao Zhong: Not just him. If you aren't coming here yourself, we'll probably be looking for a day to pay you a visit together. For all these years, the Strains have made so much of chaos in order to continue their bloodline, you probably knew that, right?


Sariel's brows knitted into a frown, and did not give an answer.


Lao Zhong: Originally, us old folks are too lazy to get involved, but--


He raised an arm to tidy the hair on his temples, and a pair of long, sharp goat horns suddenly appeared.



Lao Zhong: There are not much time left. We're thinking, the Erdas can grab this opportunity to end this endless banishment. Lao Qi, you should stay with us...


Sariel: No need.


Lao Zhong: Why?


Sairel: Just because everyone's choice is different.


Lao Zhong: But you have to think of the future, no? Once our tribe perishes, we'll have nowhere to belong to.


Sariel: To live eternally under the conspiracies just for the sake of belonging to somewhere, then what is it even for?


Lao Zhong: You stubborn fox! Do you hope to keep losing your memories?


Sariel's gaze shifted just a little. After settling his feelings, he spoke after a moment.



Sariel: Most welcomed. The past is already fixed, it can't be changed, and there's no need to change. For the directions in the future, I will make my own choice. No matter what you guys want to do, I will not interfere. So you guys have no need to come and persuade me any further.


Sariel turned around, and walked out from the store.


Lao Zhong: Old fox! You....


Lao Zhong's voice is blocked within the store, Sariel didn't turn around, and stride into the deepest parts of the sunset.


[Location: Lu Ting's Office]


In the director's office, a black figure is politely submitting a folder.


Man: From the data intercepted on CEO Evan's side, it's her who caused the abnormalities in HCP18407. Our men has arranged blood collection, the results should come out very quickly.


Lu Ting nodded as he examined the girl's face on the document.



Lu Ting: We'll not go there today, we'll have to send the grand gift to the master before my good nephew does.




LIGHT END can be checked here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.