[Light and Night Event] QiXi with Sariel + Message || 光与夜之恋 活动03 与齐司礼共渡・遥夕灯会

8/11/2021 10:44:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


As the night darkens, the the lights have gradually brightened up, just like the bits of starlight forming into a galaxy, brightening the quiet night skies.


You: There are people blowing sugar figurines! Let's go and have a look together?



Sariel: Your amazement only comes from your lack of experience.


You: Well I have indeed not seen it for many years, this is even something that I've only seen in temple festivals when I was a child. Also, wouldn't it be boring if we aren't shopping around the stalls in a lantern festival? You can't possibly be here just to compete on the Penguin step-counting rankings*, right? 


*T/N: In Chinese shopping apps, it's pretty common to have competitions on who walked the highest number of steps per day.


Sariel: ... I wasn't even the one who wanted to come here.


Although he's been saying that, but Sariel still allowed me to drag him into the crowd of people.


The amber-colored sugar syrup ripples in the bronze ladle, overflowing with light under the lamps.


In just a short while, the elderly at the store has blown a running rabbit out. A little girl took a bamboo stick from him, and happily ran away after having her hold on the rabbit.


You: Grandpa, I'd like to have a sugar figurine looking like this.


An idea popped out in my head, I showed an image to the elder. The elder nodded knowingly. So that's how it have turned into the current scene of me walking in the streets while holding onto a pufferfish.


You: Do you want to eat it?


I held the bamboo stick before him. Sariel glanced at the pufferfish with no change of expression. Just when I thought he's indifferent to it, a crunch sound could be heard, and suddenly, the pufferfish's tail disappeared.



Sariel: ... Unpalatable.


You: Well it's just to eat for fun. I have even purposely left the first bite for you.


I happily bite onto one of the thorns on the pufferfish, the maltose candy's sweetness spreads within my mouth. Dissing even after eating, it's as expected from Sariel.



You: Look at its angry, puffy face, doesn't it look like you when you're angry?


Sariel: Your childishness can always go beyond the lowest limits of my imaginations.


Just when he finished saying, another crunch sound could be heard, the pufferfish's head is now gone. The culprit fox looked towards another side, pretending nothing has happened.


You (pouting): It's obvious that the one that eats more is the more childish one.


I tugged Sariel as we shop from one stall to another. Unknowingly, the crescent moon has climbed onto the skies, and we too, have reached the end of the long street.



As the traces of people gradually disappear, we stopped by the riverbank. The night breeze gently brushes over, lifting Sariel's short, silvery-white hair, his entirety seemed to have turned still, standing there without uttering a single word.


I looked towards where he has gazed into the waves of water ripples lightly, reflecting the lights brighter than the seas of stars, as the noises of the lively crowd on the opposite of the river wafted from afar, making one to feel like they are putting themselves outside of the world.


In the slightly dark night, his figure looks distant and ethereal, I can't help myself but to reach out an arm to him.


You: ... Sariel.



Sariel: Don't always tug me around in the public.


The moment I hear his voice, the usual, familiar feelings have returned. I quietly let out a sigh of relief.


You: You're willing to accompany me to play outside today, I'm exceptionally happy.


Sariel: Who said I--


Before hearing Sariel's cliché talks, I've decided to interrupt him with actions. A fragrance pouch appeared before him, so his brows have knitted into a deeper frown.


You: This is a tiny token of appreciation. Thank you for accompany me throughout the entire day today.


The moon white-colored fragrance pouch now falls onto Sariel's palm.



Sariel: Do you have to thank me for this? Otherwise who else are you planning to cause a disaster for?


Sariel: The stitch is so-so, and the fabric is underwhelming. But... This smell is still considered acceptable.


You: Then it's pretty great!



Sariel: Your soliloquizing ability have improved gradually instead. Since it's quite an effort for you to find such fine agarwood.


You: As long as it receives your recognition, it'll worth more than what it is. When I first smelled it, I think it's a scent very suitable for you.


A mellow scent with a tint of coolness spreads out along with the night breeze.



Sariel: Then you'll need to take responsibility for it till the end. Hang it for me.


You: Actually you can just say this directly, you don't want to keep it, and you wanted to keep seeing it~


Sariel: ... Don't simply comprehend what I said.


Sariel opens his palm towards me as he speaks. I took the fragrance pouch again, and hung it onto his wrist, then placed my hand onto his palm with a serious expression, and held onto it firmly.



We walked towards the stone bridge again, heading towards the patch of lantern lights. Suddenly, there are multiple dragon-shaped fireworks shooting towards the skies, I pointed at it excitedly for Sariel.


The dazzling rays of color brightened Sariel's good-looking side profile, and his focused expression seems like it's his first time seeing fireworks.


I wanted to stay close to his footsteps; I wanted to hold onto his hand; I wanted to watch the lanterns, snow, flowers, and all of the worldly happenings with him.


I want to always stay by his side.


You: Happy QiXi, Sariel. For every QiXi from now on, I wish to celebrate them with you.


I leaned onto his shoulder, and suddenly, a large hand reached over to pinch on my cheek.


I raised my head and looked at him, under the light halos of the seas of lantern, Sariel's brows looked particularly gentle.



Sariel: Happy Qixi.



-- Letter from Sariel --



"The lanterns and fireworks are beautiful, I suppose it can be counted as a memorable night. Also, happy Qixi." - Qi SiLi





Light and Night QiXi Event Translations


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.